Am I being ungrateful?

Yes you are!!! Be grateful you got anything at all. It’s not about the gift it’s the thought that counts. Hopefully you won’t display your disappointment or you may not even get that next time :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

No not ungrateful if it’s common for him to send flowers it’s not special and no thought into it. Personally I don’t like flowers I think they are a waste of money because they just die. But you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel about it otherwise he won’t know any different

2 Likes

I understand what you mean. I don’t think you’re being ungrateful. There are some girls that get cars for their birthday LOL Of course he should have done some thing different. Guys have this idea that flowers are the answer to everything. And any guy who does not remember his girlfriends birthday or does not get her some thing is a POS. You teach people how to treat you. If you accept crap that’s what you will get. If you accept flowers that’s what you’ll get if you accept that purse you wanted or a nice massage that’s what you’ll get. You can buy yourself flowers. But we’re not always going to get that massage or purse etc. Flowers are beautiful yes, but they are a cheap birthday gift for your girlfriend unless you’re in high school.

1 Like

Yes you’re ungrateful

2 Likes

I mean did he put a message on these specifically ‘happy birthday’ something along those lines indicating it’s for a SPECIAL occasion, not just done with another argument? I can see both sides!

I wouldn’t be mad at him but nicely tell him another day that you would prefer something else for your birthday next year.

1 Like

IMO, you’re not. Esp if you kind of have a negative association with flowers bc they’re constants with fights.
I mean it is making an effort, but it’s the bare minimum and we’ve been ingrained to be at peace with that

2 Likes

Honestly I would have to know more about your relationship & the dynamics in order to really classify this as being ungrateful or not.

1 Like

At least you get them, I don’t.

7 Likes

My husband brings me flowers each week when we go on a date, but he also gives me flowers for no reason and for holidays. He always gives gifts as well, but he loves giving me flowers. Maybe your husband just enjoys giving them, too.

6 Likes

Yes, at the end if the day you got something to say he does appreciate you, no matter what has happened or the occasion you received something from him.

5 Likes

Yes you’re ungrateful

5 Likes

YES! Married 60 years and never had flowers ! :weary:

2 Likes

No, I hate getting flowers for this very reason. Had a bf in the past who would send flowers every time he did something wrong or sneaky. Made me hate flowers forever. You are probably dealing with a narc. Real men say sorry with words and changed behavior.

11 Likes

Yesterday was mine i got nothing…:expressionless:

3 Likes

Omg wow…we all want flowers…your lucky he thinks of u enough to get them…don’t let him no u don’t appreciate them…my hubby is dead what I would give to receive flowers from him again…if u don’t appreciate them.im.sure he can find lady who would…yes being ungrateful at least u got flowers

3 Likes

The fact that you aren’t happy you got them shows that you’re being ungrateful. I can understand wanting him to change it up. Talk to him. Not too long ago I talked to my hubs because he kept buying me plants. I had to tell him that I loved being thought of, but at this point in my life if doesn’t bark or cry it isn’t going to be taken care of. That he was really giving me another chore to do. I asked him to please try to go another route, he totally understood. And he never thought of it like that. No big deal because we talked about it.

1 Like

It’s so sad to see how my of you want her to settle. She doesn’t want the flowers. She doesn’t like the flowers. She doesn’t have to want or like them. I do think op should express to her Husband how she feel about always receiving flowers. But she isn’t ungrateful for not wanting or liking them. The thought only counts when effort is put into the gift. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Yes you are ungrateful, be glad someone loves you enough to give you flowers

2 Likes

Um… maybe a little bit, depends on your tone. Anytime someone takes a moment out of their day to think about you — and buy you something — you should thank them and be grateful. If flowers truly aren’t your thing, tell him you really appreciate the gesture but you’d prefer other ways to show his love/apology—and give an example. Don’t expect him to read your mind.
***Be careful though, you might start to miss it.

The day isn’t over yet. Perhaps he has more planned.

Happy birthday my friend.

1 Like

I never get flowers. Lol

He thought of you and made the effort to get u flowers

2 Likes

What if growing up that was the only lesson he learned on how to show love? Are his parents in good standing? Or does he show love in other ways that aren’t materialistic enough for you? I had an ex that got me roses each time we fought or he cheated when my husband I and started dating he got me roses and I told him they were beautiful but I didn’t like roses due to said ex he quickly asked what my favorite flower was and I have gotten Carnations ever since. The fact your asking complete strangers instead of going directly to someone you love is quite selfish and makes you look ungrateful. Relationships are about communication between two people not two people and Facebook.

I don’t even get a Happy Birthday or anything for any holiday from my husband so be grateful for what you get. Some only wish their significant others would do stuff like that.

I mean he’s thought of you at all. :woman_shrugging:t3: you’re being a little ungrateful. Be blunt next year and say I’d like x, y & z for my birthday next year. That’s make me feel so special. Or tell him flowers don’t make you feel special for your birthday. If he doesn’t heed the advice and you still get flowers. Then you won’t be.

If you never said anything then yes you’re being ungrateful. Men don’t think how we do. If you don’t throw some major hints (because men don’t recognize subtle ones) he might just think you love flowers and will love it.

1 Like

She’s being “ungrateful” b/c he basically conditioned her to associate flowers as a pathetic excuse of an apology to a mistake…? Ya’ll are really something else :woman_facepalming: No, you’re not wrong for wanting better for yourself, he obviously takes the most effortless route. Ordering flowers & doing nothing else is easy. Have a conversation with him about it, & if your feelings for ignored, you’ll know your worth to him. Just b/c a lot of women accept & settle for the bare minimum from men, doesn’t mean that u have to. Just communicate your feelings & needs though, give him the chance to do/be better.

12 Likes

Never look a gift horse in the mouth…be thankful for all things…

1 Like

Yes!! You are. Regardless if he sends them all the time.

2 Likes

I didn’t even get a happy birthday …. :unamused::woman_facepalming:t3::warning: he loves me what not guys just suck at gifts lol and all that sentimental stuff you won’t find it very often

It’s your birthday No time to be dwelling. Enjoy your day,let loose and Love your flowers :yellow_heart: it could be worse!

I don’t think you’re being ungrateful. I think you’re expecting more than the bare minimum, which is fair.

4 Likes

Extremely ungrateful

No, this isn’t ungrateful at all, and I’m appalled at all of the people telling you that you should be thankful to get anything at all. Flowers are a trigger for you BECAUSE of him using them to manipulate you when he hurts you and doesn’t bother to actually acknowledge that he hurt you with words and changed behavior, but thinks that flowers are enough to get you to stop being hurt/mad - they’re not. He is neglecting your actual feelings and emotions as well as refusing to change his treatment of you, and you associate flowers with that now, for good reason. You should talk to him about how that makes you feel, because that’s the real issue, much more so than the birthday present itself is. He needs to stop manipulating situations by thinking gifts solve hurt feelings, without showing or verbalizing any actual remorse.

18 Likes

I see where you are coming from! Why do you want something he uses for an apology? Your brain is conditioned to associate them as such. Not as a gift.

11 Likes

Something is better than nothing…

1 Like

All I want or expect from my husband on holidays is to go out and do something together and enjoy the day. Material things are not as important as the time we have together. Sharing an experience and creating memories is all we can hope to take with us when we go.

1 Like

If you haven’t told him this, then yes. You can’t expect someone to read your mind. If he doesn’t know, he thinks he’s being super sweet. Imagine if you got him something to apologize because you don’t know how to communicate properly and you think he really likes it so you get him the same thing for his birthday and he scoffs at it. He never communicated to you that he didn’t like it. I bet it would make you feel pretty crappy.

2 Likes

Yes you are. You could have had nothing. If you want something different maybe you could try hinting at some particular thing a week or more earlier. Sometimes guys have no idea.

It’s a man…your not wrong but most men esp those that aren’t the romantic types need to be told or given hints on what you want…so it’s not technically your fault and your not being ungrateful…but you need to communicate and express yourself without anger or attitude to your man about things you would prefer… communication…if you haven’t expressed anything and the flowers have been an acceptable gift in the past then to him he thinks it’s something you like…so correct him… respectfully tho…some men are just that way…and don’t mean harm or disrespect or inconsiderate…it’s just what they do and how it comes across…so go to him and calmly… nicely and respectfully tell him you appreciate his effort and you love the flowers but hey it’s not all…that it’s our make up after a fight thing and would like to have something a bit more personal and special…like a dinner you cook or a movie night in the living room…or whatever it is that would show he is trying…give him ideas of things…and let him know what’s up and how you feel but without degrading him or his version of an effort…just communicate…but personally yes I feel like if you don’t feel appreciated or valued on your bday by loved ones…and you feel the way you feel it’s not wrong but there are steps you BOTH need to take to ensure you both feel better about bdays… communication, listening,and respect…Men don’t mean to be the way they are but they don’t plan,organize,or think like we do…so he is not personally just not doing things good enough he just doesn’t know…and I think flowers was an effort…it’s something you have showed happiness for in the past so it’s prob his go to…so go communicate with him so he knows and has a chance to do better and you don’t get in your feelings about a man with a man’s mind trying to figure out a gift for a female…and it be good enough…

1 Like

Massively ungrateful.

He could have gotten you nothing at all. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Extremely ungrateful.

1 Like

No, your feelings are valid about it. Especially if it’s something he does regularly. Imagine if you bought him a candy bar all the time and for his bday you just gave him the same candy bar. He would feel the same way lol.

3 Likes

U have a partner lol! Someone that actually remembered your bday. That’s awesome!

Yes I haven’t gotten flowers in years wth is wrong with u

Flowers are nice, however I feel people lack the whole wanting to celebrate someone else’s birthday. I love celebrating other people. You can always say something to him and maybe next year he’ll do something different.

Yes, in a way - I seldom got a Happy Birthday wish on my birthday.

Yes. I have to buy myself flowers bc my husband never buys me any. Count yourself lucky

2 Likes

U should be embarrassed about asking this silly question…u are ungrateful and sound like an attention seeker

4 Likes

I don’t even get that you should be grateful

I wish I got flowers. That’s his way of apologizing. I think it’s sweet.

Indeed u r… maybe he doesn’t do anything else for fear of nothing being good enough for you.:weary::weary::partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

Lol yes! Grow up - and instead of bitching on here how about telling him

Yes you are, but maybe have a talk about putting in effort in other ways. More often than not “the thought that counts” rings true.
Most women don’t get cards, gifts or flowers. Less common now days. Be grateful he tries.

3 Likes

Very ungrateful not all men even remember their spouses birthdays at least he got you something

1 Like

Yes you are, some ppl wish they would get flowers. Be glad!

2 Likes

It’s the thought that counts don’t matter what you get

My birthday was Dec 2nd. I get the same thing every year. A Happy Birthday an asked what’s for dinner. The last time I got flowers was our wedding day 12 yrs ago. Be thankful.

2 Likes

If flowers obviously leave a bad taste in her mouth.
You’re not being ungrateful.
You partner should remember you birthday (that doesn’t make her lucky)
If your man doesn’t remember then find a new one.

Some men take the easy way out ie flowers

Express how you feel

5 Likes

At least he remembered. My ex fiance and I wetter together 8 years, 4 out of those 8 years he spent my birthday at a friends house because the friend was sick because throw friend needed to be taken care of which said friend’s wife was more than capable of. He did not even bother to call me to tell me happy birthday. So trees you are being ungrateful. Also most adults stop celebrating their birthday in big ways. Don’t forget Christmas is near which makes gift giving for birthdays more complicated.

Absolutely NOT!!! It’s your special day and he should do better. I got flowers when I had both my ex husband’s children and that’s it in 23 years. All these women saying you should be happy you got flowers are full of :poop:. They are just settling. Have a talk with him about how you feel. By the way, Happy Birthday :birthday:!

3 Likes

Yes… …lol yes yes and yes …

In my opinion no. I understand I go all out for my husband and I pay attention to the things he wants and even get special gifts made for him and make him cakes or buy him a cake or cupcakes but all I ever really get is some arbys or McDonald’s something like that and plus for u he sends flowers just to keep from saying sorry so already u just don’t like nor appreciate the flowers I would say have a talk with him about it

Sounds like you need a new partner

1 Like

My opinion HELL NO‼️ Closed mouth doesn’t get fed, So express this to him so he can have a chance to change it up now or at least for next year❣️

7 Likes

Yes yes you are! Be thankful you was even thought of

3 Likes

Send him flowers for his B.D. Do nothing else on his day. :+1:

10 Likes

Some people don’t even get flowers :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Yes. You are being ungrateful. Poor guy.

1 Like

No. You are entitled to a gift you actually like. Ppl think you’re supposed to just accept stuff bc it’s the thought that counts. No ma’am. F those flowers.

9 Likes

Hell no. Flower delivery is an easy way out of everything.

1 Like

I never got flowers from my son’s dad never and to know that you get flowers and don’t even care or want them your sure are un grateful. It’s also a lovely way of saying sorry and if you aren’t grateful to get flowers you don’t deserve him at all.

3 Likes

I mean I would be grateful. I’ve only ever received flowers twice in all my 33yrs of living. :woman_shrugging:t2: once from a boyfriend (at the time) and another from a stalker :laughing:

2 Likes

At least he remembered my exhusband either forgot mine or just didn’t make the effort but he now an ex lol but you could express to him how you feel about it. Relationship is all about communication.

2 Likes

He probably thinks you REALLY love flowers and he wants to get you what you REALLY like for your bday!
Just tell him you appreciate his efforts and since it’s your bday you’d like to be a little extra spoiled. I don’t think you’re being ungrateful and I don’t think he’s a thoughtless dude. Just tell him what you’d really like for your bday that’s all!

2 Likes

Yes u are very ungrateful, he deserves better .

7 Likes

Just go get whatever you want …I get why you feel this way tho…It’s better to not give other people the power to make us feel sad …Just do what you want .

2 Likes

Have you discussed this with him? Did you tell him you want more? He’s not a mind reader.

3 Likes

I wish my partner would get me flowers 10 years and no flowers :joy::sob::joy:

4 Likes

I’ve been married for 30+ years and told my husband not to send me flowers. They die within a week and there’s nothing to show for it but wasted money

5 Likes

Some males don’t even remember their lady’s birthday…

1 Like

Be thankful he sent something,I never get nothing

Yes. Somewhere, somehow, probably from his father’s example with his mom, your guy believes that you “say it with flowers” If you don’t want flowers tell him so.

Better than a big fat nothing lol

4 Likes

If something makes you unhappy then you should communicate about it, that’s the only way to solve a problem in any relationship. However, I will say, I wish too many flowers was my biggest problem :joy:

2 Likes

You are just disappointed and just need to tell him that you would like something different sometimes

5 Likes

Yes, you are very ungrateful. My husband of 55 years rarely gives me flowers and not for lack of desire on his part. It seems paying for food, insulin & other meds, doctors, and hospitals takes a priority. Try this test: find ways to praise the good things that your husband does, and see whether it’s easier to get a long. Good Luck and Choose to be Happy! :rose::heart::rose::heart::rose:

4 Likes

I call flowers the ultimate suck up gift.

It is far better than getting something you cannot use or don’t want.
At least he remembered right?

1 Like

The fact that more than half the comments are pretty much telling her “be grateful, I never get anything” or “at least he remembered” is crazy. Just because you settle for less doesn’t mean she has to :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

I dont want to sound mean but yes you are. I love when my husband picks me flowers or just says happy birthday. It is the thought and the fact that it was important enough to even remember.

I mean mine didn’t remember my birthday…

Communication is key. He may not even realize, or may. Talking to him will show better results than any of these Facebook comments.

3 Likes

Just be thankful your getting flowers for your birthday

2 Likes

The problem here is your so unhappy about your flowers you run to facebook for people to tell you how you feel. D the adult thing and rather than put your issues on FB for validation go communicate with your man. Yall women expect us to be able to read minds and that’s not how it works so communication is fucking key if you don’t wanna keep feeling that way about what he gets you.

Have you told him you want him to change it up? As far as he knows you absolutely love getting them, and doesn’t realize that you see the flowers as his way of saying ‘Sorry’.

3 Likes

Quite frankly yes
You are being ungrateful
That is a loving gesture on his part
He may surprise you with a birthday dinner or something else to celebrate your birthday
But if not
You should just accept the flowers for what they were intended to mean

1 Like