Am I going to have a miscarriage?

I am currently 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. It’s my 2nd pregnancy. My first child is 5 years old and I had a normal pregnancy.
Since 2 days I m having light brown discharge. It’s only when I wipe. And I also have cramps
I went to ER and the US showed that my cervic is open 5mm. Only from inside. From outside its completey firm and closed.
Doctor said probably a miscarriage will happen.
I need some opinions, does anyone else experience this? And did it end up to a miscarriage.
Or not?
I m so stressed and spent the night crying.

143 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum.

1 Like

Lots of water and rest but brown is old blood

6 Likes

Sending lots of love your way and positive vibes

1 Like

I had this with my third child! I was worried but I believe now it was implantation bleeding! Hope the same for you

2 Likes

I did the same and was fine brown is fine as it’s old… drink lots of water and rest as much as possible! Praying for you

1 Like

Let your Dr give you progesterone

Hard to tell you not to stress but stressing can worsen then problem. Brown is definitely old blood tho. Good luck momma

3 Likes

My daughter did this s with her first pregnancy. At 19 weeks she had to have a cervicle cerclage, in which a stick is placed in the cervix to keep it closed, then bedrest. Does the baby have a heartbeat?

2 Likes

I had brown, light colored for about a week and was told that’s normal. Now 7mo pregnant so hope they’re wrong!

2 Likes

Go in for a 2nd opinion.

2 Likes

Yes, I went through the EXACT same thing, only my blood was still fresh(red). Doctors told me the same thing. She’s going to be 2 in October. Like everyone else said, stay hydrated and rest. Good luck Momma. Sending you all the good vibes🖤

4 Likes

Any time you go to the er with bleeding they have to call it “threatened miscarriage”. I was there at 13 weeks with my last baby and it’s what the Dr said and what they put on my paperwork. I ended up having placenta previa and bled literally the entire pregnancy. My baby boy turns 2 in 2 weeks. Try not to stress mama. Everything should be ok :heart:

3 Likes

When I lost my baby I had bright red blood, not brown. I hope everything turns out okay, try not to stress out though. I would make an appointment with your regular OB and get their opinion.

3 Likes

I’m not keen on ER for diagnosing… for now rest … no lifting… lie on your left side… and the discharge is old so that’s good… do u have an OB??? I would check there … prayers…

1 Like

Candis Nachi come encourage a friend

I experienced this, went to the Er because I also thought I was miscarrying. Turns out I was pregnant with twins. They said it was something with the tissue causing the bleeding, but they told me not to worry about brown blood as it’s old, if it’s bright red it’s new

1 Like

I would take it easy have faith and follow up with your OB because my last pregnancy went to the ER with cramps at 6 weeks pregnant they discovered a blood clot next to ths sac and the heart rate was low they told me either I’m gonna miscarry or have an abortion I followed up with my OB n heart rate was actually normal was on bed rest first trimester for the clot and by the 2nd trimester it was gone my baby was born healthy on time

1 Like

Just try to relax, every time u feel like u wanna think about stressing pray​:raised_hands::pray: love & prayers you’ll do fine love

1 Like

Go to your OB/GYN… for some strange reason the ER always diagnose moms with “Threatened Abortion/ Miscarriage”…
Just followup with your OB/ Gyn so that you’re monitored properly.

3 Likes

Call your doc but I bled lightly for the first few weeks of being pregnant with my second. I was told it’s normal

1 Like

Love think positive thought prayers sent u can spot n have normal period wen prego I had four miscarriage s n two special needs kids hope all goes well get sec ond opinion

1 Like

Happened with all 3 of mine… at 12 weeks, they put in a cerclage, as long as everything is ok with the baby until then. It’s bedrest and light everything until you give birth. Worked for all of mine.

1 Like

I don’t mean to scare you but I had all these symptoms and had miscarriage yesterday morning. I pray you don’t have to go through what I’m going through :heart:

3 Likes

Brown is old blood. Maybe you had a small sac separation that healed. Breathe and relax Don’t stress.

1 Like

Brown spotting is old blood.Its normal.the outside of my cervix was open and I did miscarry but if it’s inside you should be fine.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s a wait and see kind of thing. Relax as much as possible with your feet up. There really isn’t anything else you can do. Its normal to feel stressed and worried. Please throw out any " advice" if someone says if you stress out you will cause a miscarriage. F them. You can’t turn off being stressed like a light switch and this " advice" only makes you feel bad for having normal human emotions and quite frankly stresses you out more.

1 Like

Both of youngest 2 around that time I had some “bleeding”. Not much but close to what you described. They are now 16 and 12. Keep you chin up and hopes high.

3 Likes

I’ve been bleeding since the start of this pregnancy. Baby #4. All ultrasounds and doctor apts (I’ve been going every two weeks) have came out ok so far. I’ll be 19 weeks tomorrow. No one knows why there’s blood. Was told at 7wks there is a big bleed and that was that. Doctor at ob office has never said anything like that. I have another us on the 25th which will also tell me if this child has single artery umbilical cord like my 2011 and 2019 babies did. (And the sex. Yall I got 3 girls. 12,10,2) sometimes it just happens. They told me I was gonna loose my 2019 baby. She will be 3 in January (when im due also)… I haven’t had any blood since July 28th or so… the hospital has to give you a diagnosis. Which they call it a threatened abortion/miscarriage. But you need to relax and don’t Google anything that pertains to what they told you.

My mom(RN) and other nurses told me dark blood could mean old blood. Which its ok.

I’ve had a handful of miscarriages and each one was different. The best advice I can give you is just lean on your doctor and don’t google anything.

2 Likes

I had bleeding but I had a hematoma. With my middle pregnancy I had the brown discharge and the OB had said everything was fine, when I went to a private ultrasound for gender it was revealed that baby had passed. I would go see your OB and try and take it easy. :pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

That same thing happen to me in march I was see spoting brown and red one when I wipe and it end being a silence miscarriage .

2 Likes

Prayers sent out to u beautiful rest and light dutie

1 Like

I had that with my 2nd pregnancy i actually just had him Tuesday! But i was diagnosed with SCH. I was put on bedrest and pelvic rest it eventually went away . :blush: Drink
fluids and rest as much as possible and avoid sex until it’s cleared . I was told i was at risk as threaten miscarriage and I had a strong HB at 8 weeks and delivered full term! Hang in there momma

I would go back to er. Not trying to scare you it could be nothing but on 2nd of July I started having light brown spotting no cramps and it ended up in a miscarriage now your situation could be totally different as everyone is but I’d go back

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if you had a miscarriage, I had some bleeding at 14wks that was brown and I rushed myself to the Er and checked everything abs told me the brown blood is old blood that the body is just getting rid of and everything was fine. My daughter is a month old now and perfectly healthy

1 Like

I spotted thru my entire pregnancy, and I delivered full term healthy twins. Breathe…and definitely see your OB for close monitoring. There are medications now and a cerclage procedure to help maintain a pregnancy. Wishing you the very best :heart:

1 Like

Nobody can know if you will miscarry or not it’s God’s will

3 Likes

Get a second opinion this happened to me they said I was miscarrying sent me home I went back to another dr cuz nothing was happening and he was fine!! Sending you positive vibes lady and rest

2 Likes

I had bleeding (red) at 8 weeks and she’s now 1.5 years old. So there’s a chance everything is completely fine! My cervix was dilated (inside and out) to a 1 with my third pregnancy and a 2 with my fourth almost the entire time.

1 Like

I had spotting (but no cramps) both my pregnancies. Did not miscarry. I hope everything will be ok for you!

2 Likes

Brown blood is old blood. I had that. Went over 40 weeks with my now 3 year old.

1 Like

Stay off your feet as much as you can

3 Likes

Experienced something similar. Hes 20 & in his 3rd year of college. Try to relax & not do anything strenuous

1 Like

Put your feet up relax. Take it easy its not up to you or doctor i had that and made it through. But i also had a miscarriage…

1 Like

Idk but I wish you the best. Get a lot of rest.

1 Like

I had various spotting throughout my last pregnancy. The doctor said the first time it was a threatened miscarriage so a chance of it, I ended up later being diagnosed with placenta previa. Just stuck to bed rest and was careful. It was scary but everything ended up okay for me
I hope the same for you!

2 Likes

This happened to me at 7 weeks and my girl is now 16 months. They told me I had a miscarriage and I went back for a scan because my hormones were still high in my blood test and baby was absolutely fine. Have you had a blood test yet? Xx

1 Like

I had spotting and cramps. No issue whatsoever. My son was born on his due date. :heart:

1 Like

Praying everything goes well :pray:

2 Likes

I went through the same when I was pregnant with my baby boy. Then everything turn out great. He is now 2 and a half years old :heart:

1 Like

I spotted with my third pregnancy and he just turned 8. I had fluid on one of my ovaries.

1 Like

I think you’re going to be okay

1 Like

I’ve had spotting with my third, fourth, and fifth. Full on bleeding this pregnancy during the second trimester with no explanation.

1 Like

Did he put you on bed rest? I would put myself on bed rest for as long as it takes!

5 Likes

Please please try not to stress too much, many women have spotted and had discharge and came out with a healthy pregnancy. I really hope all goes well and that you and baby will be okay :crossed_fingers::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Stay in bed or off your feet
I had that too most times is normal
Don’t stress so much
Just keep your body relaxed or stressing will cause it to worsen (least in my experience… but I’m high risk and had 5 babies back to back.)

3 Likes

I had spotting with my oldest 2. I’d say take it easy the first trimester and don’t overdo it. No heavy lifting and drink lots of water.

2 Likes

With my last baby, I had a hemorrhage that was about 2 inches and was right next to where baby implanted, I lost a lot of blood, er dr said “you’ll either miscarry or you won’t” (that was totally reassuring :roll_eyes:) saw my ob the next day and she advised me to take it easy, put me on bed rest for a week, and light duties (no lifting over 10lbs etc) and baby was born 8lbs 2oz and perfect. Everyone is different. I am sending all my love and healing thoughts to you. I’ve got 2 rainbow babies, if you ever want to talk to someone, my inbox is always open, no judgement just love :heart:

2 Likes

Put yourself on bed rest to allow your body to relax and take the stress off of your body by over doing it.

Take it easy and let your body do what it needs too. I’ve been there before and my baby is now 23. Prayers for you and your family :pray::pray::heart::heart: take care.

1 Like

I miscarried at 4 months but I had sharp pain that would double me over whenever I’d stand up. Never any bleeding or discharge just the pain. This went on for about a week n then I hemorraged really bad n lost the pregnancy.

1 Like

Immediate bed rest hun x

2 Likes

I got that with my second son i was told the same thing however i did not miscarry and today i have a healthy one year old .

2 Likes

I had this happen to me around 9-12 weeks and went to the hospital and they told me that there was a chance I would miscarry and she will be 4 in october​:heart::heart: TRY not to stress I know thats about impossible bc I was so upset and cried constantly about it when it was happening bc I was terrified. Sending good vibes your way!!

5 Likes

Stay calm, relax and put your feet up…prayers for you in Jesus name may you have a healthy birth healthy baby

3 Likes

I did that and ended up being pregnant with multiples just relax and pray

2 Likes

I had 5 miscarriages, brown blood is old blood, it’s not a new bleed, sometimes a miscarriage will start that way and then the red blood and clots will come after, but if all I got was brown I wouldn’t worry too much… all I can say to you is if it’s going to happen it will no matter what you do so just try stay as calm as possible and not worry too much about what might happen… it’s easier said than done I know that but stressing yourself won’t help, the best I can say to you at the minute is brown blood is blood from a long time ago and not blood that’s only coming now. I wish you the best of luck :heart:

3 Likes

So this exact thing is happening to me. I bled brown for 2 weeks and am still bleeding. We thought a miscarriage was happening but the pregnancy and my levels keep rising and developing. My doctor said that it’s common in about 20% to bleed during pregnancy. I am 8 wks and just had an ultrasound last week and the babies heartbeat is strong and growing. All is well

6 Likes

Your dr can prescribe progesteron. The same thing was happening to me with my 2nd pregnancy and I was around 9 weeks as well. It is to help lower the risk of a misscarrage and heal you. And keep the baby safe.

2 Likes

Sadly with ur cervix being open that can cause a miscarriage

1 Like

i had dark brown spoting my second also my first is also 5 :blush:, it happened wen i was about 10 weeks and it was on and off for like a week , my baby boy is 8 months :grin:, try not to worry ,i know is hard but spoting can be normal , specially early

1 Like

Why haven’t they prescribed progesterone to try to save the pregnancy?

1 Like

I had that same brown spotting as a pregnancy symptom. I walked in ER thinking it was something else as I was very irregular with my period. Came out finding out I was pregnant.

If you are closed from the outside you could still be on the safe side. Give your body rest, avoid stress and take your vitamins. I’m no doctor. Try your best to keep calm.
Wishing you the best! Stay of your feet and get a lot of rest as your body is creating life and that’s alot of hard work! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::pray:t2:.

2 Likes

I bled for a few days and stayed pregnant. I hope it all turns out for you too.

1 Like

There is a surgery called Cervical cerclage is a medical procedure in which your doctor places a single stitch around your cervix, the opening to your uterus. The stitch sews your cervix closed. Doctors perform cerclage to prevent late (second trimester) miscarriages and preterm (early) delivery.

1 Like

Miscarried twice within the last 10 months both were around 9 weeks. I have 4 boys no issues with those pregnancies.

1 Like

I had this happen but it was blood red. Went to er and they said it may be a miscarriage but the dr looked at my cervix and said it looked great. He also put me on bed rest for a few weeks so I had to quit my job. I stopped bleeding that night and bled again few weeks later for a day or 2, but I never miscarried.

3 Likes

I am 11 weeks today, it’s stopped on Wednesday but I was spotting for 5 to 6 days and everyone told me I am gonna have a miscarriage, I went to the er but never got seen and it hasn’t happened anymore but I have any doctors appointment in a little over a week

1 Like

I had bleeding with my first for a couple days. It can mean implantation. Brown ish blood is older blood. Try not to worry too much hun.

2 Likes

Yes and I miscarried.

1 Like

Don’t do any lifting, pushing or pulling for awhile!

6 Likes

Could just be implantation bleeding? Which is very normal. Bright red blood would be concerning. Don’t stress babes! Easier said then done, I know.

3 Likes

Please rest and drink lots of fluids. ER doctors are not always known for a good bedside manner. Dehydration will cause cramping. See your OB as soon as possible. Brown blood is old. No red blood is a good sign. I hope you can relax. Don’t lift more than 3 pounds. You are probably fine.

8 Likes

Stress worst thing you can do rest put feet up pray

7 Likes

You need to go to your OB & let him/her check you out

4 Likes

I went to the er about 8 weeks ago with severe bleeding. I was terrified. But they said that it’s common during the first trimester. Told me to stay in bed and not lift/do really anything for 1-2 weeks. The bleeding stopped and baby is fine.

2 Likes

Not necessarily with my youngest I used to get blood clots the size of golf balls and once the size of an orange and the dr could never figure out what it was. I had to get induced because it kept happening. Thank god she was ok. Good luck to you :pray: and btw my blood was bright red so I’m sure you’re fine

Brown blood is old blood so brown blood doesn’t mean you are bleeding… just means that discharge, etc is flushing out old blood left inside.

Your cervix can dilate and close back up. I was like 4cm dilated at 14ish weeks and the closed back… opened back up, closed back up, etc

2 Likes

I had brown discharge and cramping and had a normal pregnancy

2 Likes

I did this with both of my children and had healthy pregnancy’s. I would make and appointment with your OB ASAP for peace of mind

2 Likes

Yes and I miscarried

1 Like

I am currently going through a 7 week miscarriage and unfortunately it starts with brown discharge… I’m so sorry you are going through this… :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Talk to your OBGYN. The typical ER doctor isn’t proficient with OBGYN issues.

9 Likes

I was told that sadly i did miscarriage one but there was a second one for months they told me i was not pregnant because i was bleeding but i was finally by showing and heart beat they belive me about 18 weeks pregnant now my baby girl will be turning 18 tomorrow have faith and rest

5 Likes

Light brown is old blood and probably not a cause for concern but always follow up with your ob.

4 Likes

Don’t stress, think it won’t happen, stress makes it worse. Lay down and rest alot, put your feet up higher than your heart. What did your doctor suggest.

2 Likes

A group of Facebook strangers are not going to be able to tell you more than a doctor did…… go to your ob. I pray for the best, but asking Facebook isn’t going to be helpful.

6 Likes

I went through one & unfortunately that is how it started for me. But some women bleed & have a perfectly normal pregnancy. Sending you hugs :two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes had the exact same with a 4th pregnancy. They ended up doing a d&c. And I got pregnant with my daughter ,who is now 7 , a month later. But some brown discharge doesnt mean it will always end in miscarriage. I mean with my first child I bled like that for a little over 5 months before I started to get sick and then I went to er and got blood work and found out I was over 5 months pregnant. He is 19 now.
So my advice is to hang in there. It’s gonna be a rough road if indeed you miscarry and I hope you have a great support system at home.

4 Likes