Am I in the wrong for not wanting to host my husbands family?

Sounds like he is very controlling what happen to 50/50 what does your family say

I wouldn’t say no to Easter, maybe after, you could ask to rotate. I would want to keep gatherings intact. It’s rare

2 Likes

It’s his house too. Maybe he’s proud of the home the two of you have made. Maybe he feels it’s his turn to take the burden off those that have hosted in previous years. Talk to him calmly and see what he has to say.

3 Likes

Ummm…you do have a say in this. He invites…he prepares the meal, he cleans it up, you sit back and enjoy your holiday. He can also go to buy the food needed to entertain his family. No help from you other than go grab yourself a good bottle of wine!

4 Likes

When my husband and I got married, we decided to just get married at the courthouse. His mom thought it would be nice if we had a small wedding ‘for the family.’ I replied that if his mom wanted to plan it, pay for it, and all I had to do was show up and say “I do,” then we’d have a wedding. Guess what? We got married at the courthouse. Let those who WANT the celebrations HOST the celebrations.

6 Likes

Also as he is doing all the work in hosting…invite all your family to join in! Every holiday isn’t all just his side and not including yours.

4 Likes

Make him host his family instead of assume you will.

1 Like

Let him enjoy his family if you don’t feel like hosting let him know and go into your room and lock the door. Trust me as time goes on all the hosting will end and there will be no more visits they will get the point you don’t want a full house but till then let him host

And soon YOU wil become the in law that nobody are going to even bother to invite. You reap what you sow… Remember this!

5 Likes

He needs to respect your request. I would tell him if he has his family over and is adamant about it, I would leave for that holiday, than he can entertain them

I agree that’s not fair. I would explain to him that you feel you’ve begun to reciprocate some of the invites you’ve received to other family members’ homes over the years, so it’s time to alternate between homes on the holidays because you are getting stuck with the majority of the work involved, especially for holidays that don’t fall on your calendar. Also ask him to pitch in with the work involved with the gatherings at your house.

Have a conversation with your inlaws about it. Make it a light playful conversation about always hosting and maybe it will open up to where y’all can start trading off holidays or something. They may just think you really enjoy hosting all the time. Always speak up so others know how you feel!

1 Like

You obliviously have no children since you do not " believe" in Easter.Maybe you should just take a trip and not be around.

2 Likes

Tell him to do all of the cooking,cleaning,hosting in general on Easter and see if he still does it :joy:

2 Likes

I do understand and the worst part of it is your husbands refusing to listen to you and hear you ! Now if only he did here you that would make the world of difference to you because at the moment husband does what husband wants . He wouldn’t be a husband if he hadn’t married and chosen to have a life partner . Draw a line in the sand and I’m so glad you aren’t a hypocrite because you’ve been open about not celebrating Easter so many people celebrate Religious special days and don’t believe in any of it ! That makes my blood boil so he Does believe and wants to celebrate Easter well , let him and let him look after all the guests , shop for the meal , cook the meal , serve it up and wash the dishes … I wonder if he’ll be so quick to want to entertain his family in future . It’s a lot of work in planning all these celebrations :tada:

1 Like

Whats wrong with him wanting to invite has family over why don’t you do the same and invite your family over then your surrounded by family of both sides of the family just talk to him and tell him how you feel then see what he says

1 Like

Are they coming from out of town or just for dinner!?
If it’s just for dinner than fine but they should bring a dish or him or his family should help cook a d cleanup!
If it from outta town and they are there few days you shouldn’t be expected to entertain and cook 3 meals everyday for them!
Theyate capable of doing that themselves!
My family comes from outta town
and my bf expected me to host them for multiple days!
He know now that they can expect to make themselves at home as they are fully capable of doing so!
I don’t lie to to my children when it come to Santa clause ,Easter bunny ect.But I also tell them that some kids believe in them and to keep the rouze going for others!Out of respect!If its not a religion thing than …

1 Like

Tell
Him to enjoy his party’s. And go for a hike. Let him take care of it all.

1 Like

go invite some of your family over

If little kids are coming remind him to set up the egg hunt and games too, along w all the food. Lol

4 Likes

Let him host his family if he wants them over. It’s his house too he should be allowed to have his family over if he wants. When your family is over you host and when his family is over he hosts.

1 Like

If it really bothers you walk out the door and come back when the party is over. Then he can have his family.

2 Likes

Ugh my man does this he invited everyone for Easter gave me a 2 day notice! Then left that whole morning while I cooked for hours!:roll_eyes: say something to him! . I get where your coming from, but it is his family and his home as well. He’s probably just proud of what you all have…

1 Like

Let Him Host Them Tour Having Dinner At your Family House Enjoy.

Maybe you shouldn’t be together than

2 Likes

Klomp selfsugtige katterige vrouens wat so lelik is met die arme man en sy familie. Die madam moet onthou, was dit nie vir sy Ma nie, het sy nie 'n man gehad nie.

4 Likes

Go on a trip a day before they arrive n return 2 days after they leave… U need some time n space to unwind n refresh :grin:

5 Likes

Have him prepare for it and you can help. That way he does the brunt of the work .
Sounds like your husband is proud of you sand both of your accomplishments and he wants to celebrate.

3 Likes

I would announce at the beginning of the meal that whatever holiday is next someone elses turn is then. (Who would like to host our next holiday?)

5 Likes

If you put your money into home purchase,and name on the deed, Speak up and put your words into action… NO

2 Likes

I have been hearing about cryptocurrency I never know how it works until I came across Mrs lisa jennifer trades and She makes me understand how it works, since then I’ve been investing in her platform and i have being making massive profits that’s why I decided to tell you, invest with the right manager today. Click on this name to message her

This is incredible wow :star_struck: I never knew investment in this trading platform is so profitable what a massive profit :partying_face: . Thanks so much Mrs lisa jennifer :two_hearts: for my successful investment am really grateful, to me this is more than a miracle securedbasefxoption is the best trading platform :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mrs lisa jennifer

Since I started investing it has been smooth and no complain. But I still see people complaining in one way or the other. I wonder why investing in binary trading has been so profitable to me. So I think I should introduce my manager Mrs lisa jennifer to you if you’re interested. She has been a honest woman all through and I am still investing with her till today, her strategies are mind blowing and she always keep to her promises. Invest with the right manager and there will been no more weeping. She is paying profits and you will not be disappointed.
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Tell him that you’ve been invited somewhere else. Tell him it’s a secret.

No. Tell him to cook if he wants to invite them over

Definitely not wrong of you. Should have be talked about amongst you both but with it being his family, I feel it’ll Definitely be a sensitive topic on his end. Best of luck

2 Likes

Honestly suck it up this time but have a serious talk with him about the future. Not worth creating problems w your in laws.

Jesus has risen that’s the follow up of Easter and the meaning behind it. If this was my issue. I’d be like nope this is my home too this is my safety zone and comfy with just you and I. Sounds like you don’t care for his family. Tell them to do dinner at there home. He is probably wanting to host dinner because he is proud that he finally bought you and him a home. When men accomplish this, it’s a BIG DEAL. You should feel the desire to stand behind him and give him the praise he deserves. A lot of women not me but others would be so honored to even have a home and family. Family is precious time is precious. While your being grumpy you should embrace the fact you have what most ladies would love to have.
I’m so sorry girly but YOU SOUND LIKE A SPOILED BRAT. This is my home these are my rules fyi it’s NOT JUST YOUR HOME ITS HIS TOO. I bet he alone pays the house note! I’d say be more appreciative of what you have.

6 Likes

Why dont you enjoy his family? Are they rude or ? If not why dont you like it. Maybe theres more to this you didnt add but is it you dont like the cleanup? Seems to me he needs to find someone who can appreciate him and his family.

I do not blame you for being upset. If you don’t even celebrate the holiday, why should you be put in a position to entertain his family and celebrate Easter? I would maybe suggest that you are not comfortable doing this, and you are willing to compromise (once again) but in the future, if there’s a holiday you don’t celebrate, you would like to have your house to yourself, and he can visit the family at their home, with those who celebrate the way he does. Perhaps there is a holiday or 2 you do celebrate, and would be willing to open your home to his family during that time. I know marriage is full of compromise, but he should also consider that this is your home, and you are forced to celebrate rather you want to or not because you have to cook, clean & entertain the family.

1 Like

Ask your hubby what he is serving and then tell him he invited them he can do all the work

1 Like

Our extended family switched houses every holiday, one holiday per household a year. You are the other half of his household so you have as much say as he does, put your foot down.

1 Like

Maybe help plan a party (ugly ornament swap at Christmas time?) at another family member’s house?

We regularly host the friend-family parties at our place (our family is thousands of miles away) and though it’s time consuming and labor intensive, it’s just so magical to see and feel the happiness of our guests.

Honestly, it’s all all in your perspective. If you’re sour about a gathering before it even happens, you’re not going to have a good time. If you’re overwhelmed by all the effort (I get it! Purchasing, preparing, and cleaning up Thanksgiving dinner, for example, is a total pain in the dick), delegate tasks. If someone can’t purchase and prep the turkey to cook at your place, that’s on them.

Sending love and light!

No, its a lot of work to entertain on every holiday or special event, whether they bring a dish to share or not. You still need to make sure bathrooms and rest of your house is cleaned, plus dishes, etc. Let them take turns.

Go out or stay in your room and let him host them?

1 Like

Have you considered leaving for the day? Let your husband do the entertaining. Joking not joking.

Get up and go a day before they arrive, take the kids with you and do something fun. Do not prepare anything before you go.