Am I in the wrong from setting boundaries?

There’s something off about your boyfriend mother your a new mother she can off her ass and come see you she’s used to being bowing down to her and giving her what she wants.dont bow to her stand your ground.

So you need to message his mother. Explain how busy you are and that the door goes both ways, if she wants to see your son so bad she can come to you. It’s not your job to make sure he has a relationship with her, that’s her job.

2 Likes

Roads travel both ways…

1 Like

Not wrong. If they wanted to see the baby that bad, they wouldn’t make waves or excuses and would make an effort to see them and try to work something out with you.

1 Like

Nope.but get used to it. My son is 7 and I still have this battle with some family

Nope. If THEY want to be a part of your babies life, then THEY can form to see you. THEY can reach out and see how he is… if THEY are not doing anything to make their existence known then THEY can’t be mad at you for something THEY aren’t doing :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

No, you’re not wrong

Let me tell you something if people don’t put in the effort from day one they never going to put in the effort at all …at least your boyfriend defended you that is a good thing and if he has a fear of saying how he feels and f****** put the boots on and say it how it is because at the end of the day if you’re scared to say how you feel then you’ll never going to say how it is … sorry I seem a bit harsh but you need to say it how it is and put boundaries in place because it is your child and you are the mother and hes the father… PS i used to have a mother-in-law who never put in the effort never can be bothered and still now she doesn’t with her only grandchild but she does put in the effort with her stepdaughter child though… I don’t like that family because they abused me… put your boundaries in place and say it how it is and ask them why they don’t contact you personally… I don’t really have anything else to say … an hour and a half is nothing there’s always excuses that people like this used to not see their grandchildren trust me my son used to go through this the daily basis just excuses from his dad and his grandparents…

1 Like

I’am making over $112 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 16377 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://ClickIntoWealth622.pages.dev/

Hold your ground girl. If his parents can’t drive up to see the baby then that’s on them. You never said they couldn’t see him. I’m so glad your boyfriend has stood up for you also. They don’t need to be bothering him while he’s gone right now either.

3 Likes

No you are NOT wrong. Stand your ground

It’s a long trip for anyone.

Maybe you could go up once a month for the day to let them see the baby.

And the next month they could come down to visit in your home for the day.

For some reason, I get the impression you don’t want the paternal family to have a relationship with their grandchild.

I hope you change your mind and meet them halfway.

Really, one day your child may blame you for not knowing his father’s side of the family.

In the long run, the more people who love your baby the better.

You’re the momma you go with what you feel is best and what you are comfortable with. Don’t let others sway your decision making. Can’t stress that enough. And it is normal for moms of a newborn to not feel comfortable letting their baby stay elsewhere for the first couple years so don’t let her make you think you’re being crazy

2 Likes

maybe if they gave an effort and came to you guys, in the future you could travel to them as well. i only let my son see people who make an effort to see him. i live in the same town as most of my family and i tell them all that i won’t be the one packing my son up to see them all the time either. it’s your baby and your choice!

2 Likes

MIL is the problem. She should be reaching out to you to offer help, to check on your and your child’s well-being. Honestly, at this point, when/ if she starts to complain to you about you not going up there, I’d use her own words for your benefit “it’s not an option for us to go down there and is not feasible for our family." You are the one that’s a new mama, doing it on your own with very little help. If she hasn’t figured out life by now to be able to make a day trip, it sounds like she never will. (also, I’m very happy that you have a BF that understands your feelings and agrees with you. That’s a great thing to have)

3 Likes

You’re a NEW MOM who only has her mom for help and works 5 days a week :woozy_face: if they can’t get off their ass to come and see you and the baby that’s on them not the other way around. If you set boundaries because they are making you feel a certain way than you have every right to

Not wrong. She is making it a power thing. If it was about seeing her grandchild, she would be doing it!

3 Likes

Extend the offer for them to come see him. If they want to make the drive then they can see him if they don’t, it’s on them.

1 Like

Stick to your guns with NO guilt

You’re in the right! Go with your gut, always!

You’re not wrong and if they want to foster a good relationship with the baby they could make an effort to come to you or check on how you’re doing. New moms have enough to worry about, they shouldn’t have the added stress of appeasing family members to the extent that it goes against their maternal instincts. Keep your baby and stand firm in your decisions, you’re doing a good job momma.

Your not wrong. If they want thg o see the baby they can make plans to come to your place, period. Sounds like you have quite the monster in law and I agree with you baby shouldn’t have to accommodate and go there. Monsters can come to you. I’m so sorry your having to deal with it all on your own. You would think they would reach out to you to help not gripe.

1 Like

You are not wrong! Leather travel to see the baby! Or tell them to wait till their son returns maybe he can take the baby for a visit! You work and take care of the child so you have your hands full

1 Like

You aren’t wrong. The road runs both ways. If they want to see him, they can come to you. If not they can FaceTime. If that’s not good enough, too bad.

1 Like

If they really wanted to see him they would. Meaning they would come down and visit and respect your decision of not having your baby away from you. Most moms don’t like their babies away from them let alone hours away. It seems like his mom is on a power trip and she can’t accept being told no. I would tell her she’s welcome to come visit you and baby but if that doesn’t work for her too bad.

1 Like

Nope you’re not wrong. If there are reasons you don’t want your baby left with them then there is nothing wrong with that. You need to feel like your baby is safe with certain people. If they really want to see him like they are pretending to want to, then they would make the trip your way to see him.

I agree with you wholeheartedly hun. It’s clear they want you go out the way for them. But they won’t do it for you. They are no better than u hun. Do what you gatta do for u and yur family

Best thing ever told to me it’s not job to make sure anyone has a relationship with my kids it’s my job to make sure I have that relationship with them and raise them to be functional adults that can live in society with everyone else it’s their own job to put in the effort and if they aren’t willing then that sounds like a asphalt problem it’s their own as-phalt

3 Likes

She can put herself in the car and drive to your house if she wants to see the baby.

The entitlement some people have is insane.

1 Like

I personally :100: agree with you

When my kids were little, their grandparents drove hours to see them. So I did the same. Then I ended up moving back to the area and we would see other all the time. Your in laws need to make an effort to come see baby, but you also need to make the effort to be fair. Take turns with who travels. With that being said, I would never leave my newborn with anyone overnight. Not until he/ she were older.

1 Like

If they want to see your baby than they need to make the effort to go see you. It’s hard to travel with a baby by yourself. I’ve done it & it’s hard. Especially newborns.

3 Likes

Tell them if they want alone time with him then they need to facetime/ come visit you and have a relationship with you also.

Nope you are not wrong. Carry on.

1 Like

Heres my perspective as a single mom of two who works full time;
I mean not wrong but that also can go both ways.
They definitely could make time to FaceTime, call etc. But you can too, I don’t often FaceTime my daughter fam but always try to invlove them if the opportunity arises. And when we spend time we are all together albeit sometimes ill sneak off for a well deserved nap while they get to bond with their granddaughter.
My daughters father is not involved at all but his parents(my daughters grandparents) are, I fly to visit my family in Edmonton but always ask if they would like to visit and they have us stay with them an hour out of the city and pick us up/ drop us off sometimes even. They’ve never been out to where we live in BC even though I’ve offered it. BUT I remind myself to think about what is best for the CHILD now and in future not just what’s best and convenient for ME. I always want my children to know I did my best to build meaningful relationships with BOTH SIDES of their family, as growing up i didnt have any real connectionsother then with my Toxic AF mother(not saying you are, my mother was an addict and prostitute) i had noone I trusted to confide in etc… I always let people know when I’ll be in the area and if they want to they make it work. Working together for the kids. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not wrong. My kids see no relatives. All spoke crap about me to my kids. They don’t ask about them don’t attempt to see them . I lose no sleep my kids are happy and healthy

Honestly stop worrying about what anybody thinks except you & babys dad. Love and enjoy your baby! Dont let pettiness get in the way.

Good account manager like Mrs Olgusya Gribova, am proud to say I’m among the people benefiting online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Olgusya Gribova for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She helped me recover all the money I lost. Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs Olgusya and be free from pains. Join her with the link
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

I never ever believe it works. But because of the numerous testimonies of Ma’am Olgusya Gribova, I tried trading with her and I received my profit and now I’m dept free…Contact her view on her Facebook page

I keep smiling anytime I invest with her, she is is good at what she does, she’s an expert trader​:point_down::point_down:

Cant stand entitled people. They need to be the ones to make the effort, NOT YOU!!! Fk them if they dont. They can ring him and complain rather than call you and the kids :unamused::woman_shrugging:

A baby deserves to know both sets of grandparents, but, it takes work on both sides. You are doing everything right and I imagine if baby’s daddy’s parents want to have a relationship they would come to you. If at some point when the baby is older and a connection is established that is good for all then that is the time to address this situation then. Momma you are doing the right thing.