Am I over reacting about how this girl acts around my SO?

I just wanted to find out what other people think about this, or am I just overreacting. I am currently on maternity leave with my child, and my partner is at University doing a degree, and his course work partner is a female who keeps comparing my partner to her boyfriend. Anything my partner does according to my partner, she keeps saying things like, "oh, you so much look like my boyfriend, you so sounds like my boyfriend, you act like my boyfriend. That what my boyfriend will do, I think that’s weird, but my partner said I am overreacting, Am I?

15 Likes

She is hitting on him.

7 Likes

If it bothers you, you’re not overreacting. Personally I don’t think it should be an issue :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Always go with your gut girl. Men be so dumb they don’t even know they are getting hit on.

3 Likes

I mean, at the risk of being attacked, I’ve said this to guys before. The intention, for me at least, is to make it clear that I’m with someone but also let them know they seem great. I think platonic compliments should be more allowed. That doesn’t mean that is the case in this situation, just I wanted to show the other side.

25 Likes

Don’t over think it. I don’t see anything that crosses a line here.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like she thinks too highly of herself and may think he wants her and she’s making it known she’s taken. I wouldn’t sweat it…especially if he’s telling you about it.

9 Likes

Definitely not over reacting, I’d be annoyed with it too! But on the bright side, hes telling you about it and shes making it known she has a boyfriend! Which would hopefully mean she is proud of who she is with and wouldnt do anything to Jeopardize it!

4 Likes

Shes definitely trying to get at him… if hes so much like her boyfriend, of course she would like him. If it makes you uncomfortable, tell him to stop hanging around her. He might not even realize what shes doing but if your gut tells you shes doing SOMETHING, trust it.

1 Like

Maybe she is infatuated with her boyfriend and overly obsessed :flushed:. You have the right to feel this way. I mean I would to probably. Tell your SO to tel this lady to stop compairing him to her boyfriend its making him uncomfortable plus it’s annoying.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Yes your over reacting .

Maybe she don’t have much socail skills and just compare things from her life to others .

Maybe u can’t handle. Men and women having conversations exspecailly if you think you can choose who your partner can talk to .

Asking on fb ain’t a good idea because your only going to listion to react to people who speek the truth u want to hear or savage anyone who makes you look like your wrong

6 Likes

Its weird but meh.
I don’t think for one bit that shes hitting on him.

And if IF she is, he isnt exactly stopping her OR putting her in her place.

3 Likes

ALWAYS trust your gut feeling.

Definitely overthinking.
She’s trying to bring up her bf, and still seem interested in the conversation/whatever is going on at the moment!

4 Likes

I’m curious,why is he telling you this?

3 Likes

Evidently your man likes being compared probably makes him feel younger asshole he wants some of that you don’t keep an eye on him he’ll get him some of that.

It would be annoying but not something to dwell on he’s clearly not keeping this a secret from you, trust your man they aren’t all bad.

1 Like

To be quite honest this sounds like me. When I talk to other men it’s always my husband this or my kids that. That’s what my husband would say, hey my husband did the same thing, etc. I think you are overreacting to be honest. Any woman after your man is not going to talk her man up constantly. However, I have never met a man that would go into this much detail with his woman about another female unless he was infatuated with her himself. My first question is, is this something he has always been comfortable talking to you about? If this seems out of the norm for him to be telling you, I’d be more worried about him than her. I also tend to talk a lot about my husband when I can clearly tell a man is interested in me and I’m not comfortable. I don’t know too many men that are comfortable sharing this much detail with their ladies simply for arguments sake.

2 Likes

Maybe you are feeling a little insecure as a new mum hes telling you about it and saying it’s odd so I wouldnt worry too much

My ex had a friend like this to be honest it was weird I wouldn’t say it to someone

Have you never been around a young woman who brings her boyfriend into every conversation? It sounds like the case. It’s annoying but I doubt she’s hitting on your man.

Maybe she keeps bringing him up because she feels she needs to make it clear that she’s unavailable. If she wanted your man, she wouldn’t keep talking about hers, surely? :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

I dunno how to answer you because I’m probably crazy.

I bring my husband and kids into every conversation so not weird to me that she talks about her BF or compares his experiences to her BFs, she’s probably just trying to relate to him to have something to talk about.

If she was after your man, she wouldn’t be comparing them in a favorable light, she would be saying things like, "You’re so different from my boyfriend. I wish he was <insert: more affectionate, funnier, more like you>, things like that to boost your hubby’s ego and turn on the infamous knight in shining armour, I have to save this woman syndrome that almost all men have. I’d say she’s just trying to make conversation, find common ground so that they’re comfortable working together, while maintaining that she has a boyfriend.

Sounds annoying for your SO, but probably nothing going on. I think if she was so interested in him then she wouldn’t mention her own boyfriend at all

I personally don’t think it’s anything more going on. I talk alot about my boyfriend, and it comes out without realizing. That’s what it sounds like with this chick. BUT then again, you never really know.

Well I was going to come on here and give my two cents but people are coming from so many different angles I’m afraid you’d end up even more confused. I think it’s best you just keep opening up the topic with your boyfriend until you both come to a resolution on it where you are both confident in your relationship.

This makes me embarrassed because me and my bf are shut ins and when I’m not with him, I talk about him incessantly. Probably the only thing going on

No I don’t think you’re overreacting at all I think it’s very weird

I think it’s cool she’s throwing the bf card up. So as there is no confusion. Let it go. Don’t get worked up.

You are not married to him, so he has no commitment to you. Is he saying this stuff to you? Perhaps he is telling you to be more like her.

You’re over reacting

5 Likes

No you aren’t. She’s overstepping. And if he doesn’t see that, he’s freaking dumb.

12 Likes

I think you are overreacting. Your partner and hers are probably just so similar that she comments on it.

2 Likes

You didn’t say anything that would make me think he isn’t trustworthy but her, ehhhh she sounds pretty flirty to me. I don’t trust any women alone with my man though. He’s mine and I ain’t gonna give another woman a chance to even get to know him. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

He finds it odd subconsciously or he wouldn’t have told you

11 Likes

I think she misses her boyfriend and sees him in every other male

3 Likes

She’s saying in a round about way that she finds him to be her type.

26 Likes

I will invite the boyfriend over and see if the boyfriend is kind like your partner or she is just day dreaming with yours

3 Likes

Maybe she’s just obsessed with her boyfriend? Sounds like she’s always bringing him up.

8 Likes

Is he telling you this to get a reaction. If was me I’d be saying only talk about school work not your partners.

1 Like

Sounds like your over reacting, you havent said anything that makes me think he isnt trustworthy… She sounds possibly a little flirty if your that concerned have him tell her to stop comparing him with her boyfriend… But it also sounds like your insecure

1 Like

I don’t think you’re overreacting. I think you just had a baby and your feeling insecure. I think a lot of us feel that way after having a baby. Because not only are we worried about being the best parent we are worried about our new body and how our partner views us. As for the girl. I thinks a good thing she’s reminded of her bf and not saying I wish my bf was more like you. If she was saying that I’d be worried.

6 Likes

Maybe she is setting it up so she can get her bf and your so to be friends… perhaps her bf has a hard time making friends so she keeps saying they are alike so they would hang out…

5 Likes

My friend worked & put her husband through dental school…he spent a lot of time with his study partner who was also married… after he finished dental school he left her for his study partner…

5 Likes

No, you’re not. This gal needs to quit with the comparisons. Where is HER boyfriend, and why is she saying all this to your partner? My husband says it’s too blatant, to focused. She needs to cut it out.

5 Likes

Well if he’s noticing it, then it’s obviously weird. Lol I don’t think it’s that deep and I’m sure he’d tell you or handle the situation himself if for some reason became inappropriate. But at this point it just sounds like she’s annoying :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Seems like she wants to make it very clear that he is someone she would date…

4 Likes

That’s weird! The way she’s acting I mean.

If your gut is telling you then listen

3 Likes

Just tell the girl yourself to stop comparing your man with hers and saying that they’re similar in ways. Even if they are, its making you uncomfortable with her saying crap like that. I’d be careful with those kind of girls but thats just my opinion.

5 Likes

Alot of the time I bring up my boyfriend just cause I like him but I don’t even notice. Or she does it as a reminder even if she doesn’t realize it

2 Likes

He should respond with, “Aww, you remind me so much of my ex, lolz” - the end. :heart:

2 Likes

It sounds like she is young and annoying. Shes admitting she has a boyfriend and hes telling you about it so I wouldnt pay too much attention to it. There is soooo many reasons this could be happening. As long as you trust him I would just ignore it.

6 Likes

Well as someone who’s had another woman overstep her place with my man I let the bitch know what’s up of course how I handled it could’ve been better but it wasnt. Plus my man as well but some of these bitches need to know they need to back the fuck off or there will be hell to pay.

4 Likes

Listen to you’re gut, but kudos to you’re man he told you instead of hiding

1 Like

you are overreacting. at least he’s telling you about the annoying lady. Let it go. nobody’s out to steal your man.

1 Like

Honestly… I don’t think she’d keep mentioning her boyfriend so much if she wanted your man. Usually a person will downplay their own relationship when they are interested in someone else.

13 Likes

I think and bares watching

Shes definitely being flirty. Hes her type and shes letting it be known with very thinly veiled statements lol. Buttttt if hes telling u chances are hes not being flirty back just making u aware.

2 Likes

I kind of do the same thing but it’s usually to see if they could be friends

1 Like

It’s weird & she seems super obsessed with her bf!

2 Likes

You don’t write that you’re married or even have kids. So let it go it’s way and watch. If he is messing some sort of way better to know now than later

You so needs to grow up. The man seems to literally bettering your future. Be grateful.

2 Likes

You’re only aware of her actions because your partner told you. Why did he mention it if it’s not a big deal? It must have felt significant to him or he wouldn’t have told you BUT your,natural response is, overreacting? Let him know the ONLY overreaction was his rendering,as significant,what she said and his “need” to tell you about it.

2 Likes

Nope. Put a stop to that shit real fast

2 Likes

I think this girl really cares about her boyfriend. Everything reminds her of him. And she is absolutely in love with her boyfriend. Your SO probably feels like he knows him and probably not even meet him.
It’s your pregnancy brain playing tricks on you. And once your beautiful baby gets here everything will remind you of the beautiful process it took for that amazing little one to get here. You you too will share endless reminders to everyone about your family.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think its your hormones getting to you. You are overreacting. You are at home on maternity leave, you may be a little depressed, and somewhat jealous because your man does have a female as a partner. But he is honest with you, and letting you know whats going on. And if all she can talk about is her boyfriend, then she loves her man. She sounds annoying, Im sure your man is annoyed and that is why he talks to you about it. Atleast you know where he stands, and he obviously loves you enough to talk to you about it. Some men will just let it go and not say a word. Especially if they have to be around another female. So calm your hormones. Shes not after your man. Dont get too jealous over this because it will lead to problems in your relationship. Just focus on the happiness that you have with your man and that child you both have.

2 Likes

Maybe she is just making conversation that she feels he can identify with ? Anything familiar, whether my fiance does it or a family member, I say if the other person does it. I say, “my fiance…” if someone says/does/brings up something in common with my fiance. And because I love my fiance so much, its hard not to want to talk about him in any given time I’m reminded of him.

3 Likes

I do this because my husband needs friends and think they would get along. And I would be super offended if someone implied that I liked their man over it. Obviously every situation is different, but I would keep an open mind.

I’d tell her she needs to gtfo and leave.

2 Likes

She just sounds like one of those annoying females who is only capable of talking about her boyfriend and relating life in some way to her boyfriend

4 Likes

Your man must talk about his gorgeous woman and new baby and he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her…because he loves her soo much…if she talks about her partner…than he should too. This should bring her to a stop… or he should switch partners.

You owe issues she could think hey this guy could be a good friend for my boyfriend his a cool guy and this is the type of person I’d want my bf to be around be surprised how many men make a friend because of the women around them…

1 Like

Sounds flirtatious to me.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re overreacting. Shes trying to relate.

5 Likes

I think that where there’s smoke, there’s fire. She’s trying to let your man know that she picked someone just like him. She’s attracted to that guy so she could easily be attracted to yours and pick him. But if confronted she can say she talks about her bf all the time. I’d get her gone.

4 Likes

I’ve never worried about woman that talk about their boyfriends… like the dude is on her mind she isn’t interested in the one I’m with.

4 Likes

I think this girl sounds 14 an not mature sounding or very bright by what she saying. I don’t think your over Reacting at all

1 Like

I understand your irritated but I think it’s your boyfriend’s job to stop it. The more he flattering her comments the more shell do it. try not to focus on it, ur in the beautiful phase with your family. Enjoy it :purple_heart:

She might have a wee crush on him

One thing I’ve learned, NEVER go against your gut.

2 Likes

If I was in your shoes, I’d talk to her. At the end of the day there’s not much you can do but your boyfriend might be able too. He should ask to switch partners because he’s having a hard time focusing with school work when she’s constantly focusing on him but again, his professor might think it’s a ridiculous collage game and may not even care. He’s kinda in a tough spot. I’d probably just go with meeting him at school (randomly) let it be known hes got you and a baby on the way. Sorry mama, good luck!

1 Like

Woman’s intuition or whatever they call it… please listen to it sista

He’s talking to you about it which is the first sign he feels comfortable with your lever of communication. She may be young and naive or just that goofy kind of girl. I doubt you’re overreacting. Nothing is an overreaction when your pregnant or have a new baby because your entire body and mind is slammed with hormones, growing a human and healing after its born. You are entitled to your feelings.

Does it matter what she’s doing or saying ? I mean sure it’s probably annoying, But what are you really worried about ? No one can steal someone from you, It’s a choice, So if you are worried something may happen, That’s an issue with your man, Not Her.

1 Like

Maybe she doesn’t really have a boyfriend? Maybe those are flirtatious hints she is throwing out? Basically saying, “I am attracted to you. If you wanna cheat on/leave your girlfriend, I’m RIGHT here ready and willing”. I could be wrong, but jmo.

2 Likes

You just had a baby. His baby. He should put her back to her place and more importantly he should definitely never tell you about all this silliness and make you feel uncomfortable. I’m more irritated with him than with the girl.

2 Likes

If he reacts in a way you don’t like to it, then it’s a problem. But if he’s not reciprocating with flirting or giving her false ideas, I wouldn’t worry too much.

We need to trust our partners more, it angers me to see how many people in this world and on pages like this assume the worst without suggesting communication… I don’t necessarily like it because I’m a jealous person (who actively fights it) but my husband can go to a bar filled with people who would happily go home with him, maybe even actively try to, and I wouldn’t be afraid. Because I trust him to say no. And he does. He has no hesitations in telling people he is married and making his ring known, and also is very blunt in saying, “I hide nothing from my wife”. And he doesn’t.

I wouldn’t have that level of trust with him if I kept peering over his shoulder and trying to micromanage his life. Not saying you’re micromanaging but, as annoying as someone like that girl would be (to me at least), she’s stating she’s taken, and I trust my man, so she’s not a threat.

Tell him how you feel about it, maybe mention you would like him to be aware of her so he doesn’t fall victim to games, but don’t make a scene about it or anything. Don’t treat him like he’s going to fail. And don’t make assumptions. She could be comparing them in attempts to make friends, get him to hang out with her boyfriend, try to relate somehow. Not the best tactic but when you’re socially awkward (I know from experience) you can make some embarrassing and silly decisions.

Or she just very much loves her man and wants to talk about him. A lot. I used to do that til I got a bit more confident in myself and mature.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t like it, and the fact that he relays this to you, and then tells you it’s all in your head, that’s even more lame.

1 Like

Don’t trust anyone EVER.

2 Likes

The problem in not her it’s him for still been there if she’s ever stepping he should just stop talking to her

1 Like

Not a big deal if she is flirting or hinting at anything as long as he isn’t.

1 Like

I think it’s overreacting. She obviously has her bf on her mind. If she over steps, your partner should tell her she has and then tell you. That’s all.

2 Likes

My husband works out of town A LOT. I try not to think about the possibilities and who he may encounter on his trips. If he’s going to cheat he’s going to cheat. If I focused on that I’d be miserable I think. Now if he came home and started to treat me different, or acted more distant and such, I think I’d start to question it. Your boyfriend is at least telling you about it. Would I like the idea, NO. If I focused on my husbands every move when he’s not with me my life would be a lot less fulfilling.

If he tells you that you’re overreacting, you aren’t. Even tho he may not feel it’s a big deal, it is to you and it deserves acknowledgement! Him making you feel crazy or insecure and telling you it’s in your head and your overreacting seems a lot like GASLIGHTING!

Do you know why he keeps telling you this? And does he talk about her often in other matters? To me it does sound like shes being flirtatious. My husband was lingering and giggled and said your wording made her sound asian (he’s asian) and to watch out for those little devils :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: a man’s opinion…she sees her boyfriend in him and is dropping not so subtle hints. Question is, why does he tell you this. Ultimately that matters more than whatever she’s got going on. It’s also possible with new baby he’s feeling displaced and not as important to you and reminding you via other people’s recognition.

Yea think you’re over reacting… she isn’t asking his to be her boyfriend… she is talking about HER boyfriend! I mean seems like she clearly has told your man she has her own!!!

Ew. Shes skanky beware