Am I overreacting about this situation with my babysitter?

I mean if it were at a facility she’d be fired. She’s getting paid to do a job, she needs to be attentive to said job until it’s completed. If you know you can slip to the bedroom and have a quickie while your own kids are occupied that’s different, you know what you can get away with and what to listen for. But with someone else’s kids especially you getting paid to watch them is just tacky and not safe. Thing is even if you confront her and she swears it won’t happen again, it probably will. You have to basically catch her in the act to even know what was going on so imagine what you won’t be there to catch going on.

8 Likes

What would have happened if one if the kids walked in on them while engaged in their activitities? Is she licensed? If so, report it. The kids could have been hurt and they would not know. They could have been outside and gone in a minutes time. Do the kids have access to the bathroom unsupervised? They could have started a tub, etc. A baby sitter is supposed to do just that, not have some ‘afternoon delight’.

3 Likes

Yea thats really not appropriate or safe. As you said if they could not hear u banging on the door, there is no way they would be able to hear your kids if something was wrong with them

2 Likes

Coming from a babysitter you have every right to be pissed. She was definitely not doing her job.

5 Likes

Dude that’s so unprofessional and horrible. They can cause your children their lives, what kind of person doesn’t put up a sound monitor to children they leave alone? Plus she’s already told you it happened and she did nothing to change the situation. Just find someone else.

Definitely inappropriate and I would absolutely be looking for a new sitter. Like Kiley, I would have been tempted to take my kids without telling her and then wait for her phonecall. That said, if this was the first time something like this has happened, you were potentially worried about the sitter.

1 Like

No respect first of all. She was there to babysit not indulge herself in another.

2 Likes

Yeah… not appropriate. When you’re being paid to watch someone else’s kids, you don’t get to have personal adult time where you can’t easily check on them lol

2 Likes

Id get someone else…im a long time sitter and ive never had sex with my husband while on the job…even the ones that have ended up sleeping over, those nights we didnt do anything…I find it very inappropriate for her to do that…

2 Likes

I’d find new childcare, she seemed careless with the lives of someone’s children.

So…maybe you are becoming a grown up. And you need to get a new day care! Do you think this is rare? Why do you think you need to spend so many words on this? Are you feeling entitled? Move on!

2 Likes

I babysit two girls from time to time on top of my own 2 kids and honestly my husband gets so upset when I’m keeping them and he knows he can’t come home and get some :joy: I am saying this because even my husband knows having sex while babysitting someone else’s kids is not okay. I mean our own kids being here is fair game because our house is as childproof as it can get so we know they are okay if we hop upstairs for a few minutes but I would not do that with someone else’s children here.

2 Likes

Not ok at all. Definitely look into finding a better babysitter

1 Like

With young children in the door being wide open she can handle her business when she’s not working I would’ve been furious

6 Likes

Not at all… I have three children and i would be appalled at this kind of behavior… Think you may need to find another sitter. Will also keep your mind at rest… X

3 Likes

No offence but the kids getting into something is nothing compared to God knows who walking in and taking them! I’d have lost my shit. Report her if she’s licensed and never use her “services” again.

I would definitely be getting another babysitter…asap

2 Likes

Nope, unacceptable. I’ve been a nanny for many years and never once would I think that is appropriate or okay. I would pull them and find new care ASAP

1 Like

I’m a babysitter (in my own home)… I have been with the same family for almost 5yrs now. And most importantly those babies are in your care. She shouldn’t have been doing the “do”. That could have waited . Kids can get into anything when your not looking. Have a talk with her or look for someone else. That is her JOB! Needs to be taken seriously.

Personally I would not allow them to babysit that was a red flag to me. If you truly think they were doing it. Then that was inappropriate they knew you were on your way so you are right your gut is telling you find a new babysitter Point Blank. You already know your answer and you’re right that apartment house or wherever you were taking them should have been childproof and you pointed out the candle warmer that’s another flag right there. But that is just my opinion though

No no no she has a responsibility to look after your children she took the responsibility on , and she in no way have been getting giggy with it up stairs !!! Out of order unprofessional and disrespectful!!! in one word FIRED !!!

1 Like

I pray u CAN find another babysitter. I know good ones and trustworthy ones are hard to find. But not to be on HER side at all, don’t get too rash because you may need her till you can find another. If it’s NOT a problem taking the kids somewhere else then hell yes! ASAP get out of that predicament!

1 Like

Umm I would pull the kids out of there immediately and that should be a crime like seriously-risk of injury to minors! Plus wax warmer on? Front door unlocked so they could have just walked out into the street? Someone could have easily walked in the front door and kidnapped them. Why is this even a question here. Disgusting! I think I would have been the one arrested there tho after beating her ass lol such disrespect!

2 Likes

Not appropriate at all… she was suppose to be watching the kids. If she wanted to do the hula then she couldve waited until the kids went home not when they were there. Now what would’ve happened if those kids walked in on them doing their thing in the bedroom or if those kids gotten hurt because she was to busy in the bedroom to pay attention to what they are doing .

I would be pretty miffed myself, they could have waited 10 minutes.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t sneak out during work to do the do well maybe you would but I definitely would not let my children go back there she’s obviously more interested in extracurricular activities then she is the children

Oh no…talk to her and fire her and get someone else if that’s doable. You can’t risk your children after that talk. Nope.
New baby sitter>jail time

No unacceptable bad babysitting. When I babysit I know where they are all times. Time to get new one

So inappropriate!!! Fire her!! YOUR Children are the most important people in your life!! Please protect them!!

Ah Hell No! Nope. Not cool. I wouldn’t go back. I know it’s hard to find a good sitter but they are out there.

That is COMPLETELY unacceptable! I would find a new sitter because of the safety concerns.

Find new care immediately. Set the bar much, much higher. Safety is just the minimal level of care. These are the most important years of development.

If they are having sex and they can’t hear you knocking banging on the doors or yelling? That’s not acceptable because then how would she know if the kids are ok? Even with my own kid if I wanted to get it on real quick, gates up, doors locked kid in chair but if anything sounded not good I’d stop right away and check on him

Oh hell no. I would let them know that their priority is my children. Not to make out out with someone else, whom I don’t fully know how they are with my children. And if they’re distracted this way, where do my kid’s welfare come into it? 100% you’re not in the wrong. Yes, the kids are OK, but the one time is a one too many times in my opinion.

That is horrible. So inappropriate! Someone could have come in and stole your kids!

So bad!!! The front door open too? Anyone could have taken the kids or the kids opened the door and left. That is so inappropriate!

Ya know they totally could have waited until your children were not there. Simple as that. It was not appropriate to do.

Very concerning … I would not tolerate that . Your children could have woken up and been in harm’s way . I would find somebody else …

Horrific I would be RAGING!!! anything could have happened, and it’s not like she’s even taking a risk and it’s her own children!!!
Fire her ass immediately x

I would’ve flipped. I’d find a new babysitter. That’s not okay.

Absolutely not acceptable! Find you another sitter!

My kids would not be going back that’s totally unacceptable and gross to be doing while you have other people children around… yeah nah I would of gone off my rocker at her

Definitely wouldn’t be taking my kids back there

I agree with you. That was not the ideal situation or time for them to doing their business.

That is disgusting and very in professional you should report them to ofsted any one could have walked in and taken your children and they wouldn’t have known disgusting

No matter what, once something feels off, it’s a wrap. I’d find a new sitter…

She was at her “job” and having sex while on a job’s time is grounds for being fired.

If she is “on the clock” to myself this is unacceptable. Like I get you need to knock boots but wait until after work… did she actually tell you she was having sex? If so that’s a red flag right there

Is she licensed or registered?. A call to CPS would be in order. What she did is not only dangerous, and negligent, but possibly illegal.

Thank God your kids were not harmed and are safe. Seriously, don’t take them back.

Definitely inappropriate! Look 4 a new bbysitter!

Fire them now. That is inappropriate and what if your kid died in their care

I 100% agree with every person commenting! Don’t even give her a second chance! IT’S YOUR KIDS!!! If someone did that on the care of my children (who are now teenagers) HELL NO!! NO EXCUSE!

My kids would not be returning and id likely report her. There is nothing okay about any of that.

I don’t know anyone who can go have sex while “on the clock” at work! (I know it happens but if you get caught you’d be fired).

Not at all responsible n I wouldn’t pay her fir not watching them the next time

Wouldn’t be minding my child ever again, totally get rid of her.

If you did the nasty at work you would be fired. I feel this is even more unacceptable you are paying her to take care of the kids not be distracted.

If they couldn’t hear you banging on the door then how they heck were they supposed to hear your children. I would be furious :rage:

If you are paying someone to babysit then they should babysit until you pick up your children. What else have they been doing all day?

Atleast you found out now before something did happen this just makes me wonder what else has been going on in the past

Someone could have walked out with your babies o.m.g.

Time for a new baby sitter. I would not trust her with my kids

3 Likes

They definitely should have waited. And definitely should have had the door shut and locked and stairs should already be blocked off anyhow.

100% not ok and you need to contact relevant authorities…

Totally unacceptable under any standard - find someone new.

I’d get a new babysitter. Your not paying her to have sex, your paying her to watch your kids.

2 Likes

Fire her & search for another baby sitter.

4 Likes

I’m paying you to watch my kids have sex on your own time. People really have some audacity.

1 Like

She. Could. Of. Waited. My. Grandmother. Always. Said. There. Is. A. Time & Place. For. Everything. They. Were. Out. Of. Line.

Agree with everyone here. Y’all need a new baby sitter ASAP! That’s very unprofessional.

I agree. Find a different person to care for your babies.

I hope you fired her! Your precious boys could have been hurt or kid napped.

Oh hell no. Get your lay on when your not watching my kids… Fire her !!

4 Likes

Fire her, and find a new babysitter. Simple, that’s unacceptable.

Thank God who has showed you the kind of person she is, get someone else

Absolutely not. Find a new sitter ASAP

Unprofessional and unacceptable…new sitter for sure!

That would be the end of her bye

1 Like

Omg!!! I would of told her off and she would be fired. She could of waited for that night.

Completrly unacceptable!! You are paying her to be watching your kids. That is so messed up.

You can’t just have sex at work. Not appropriate at all

Time to get a new babysitter! :sweat_smile:

No way…she should know better …goodbye :wave:

Demand more for your kids. Don’t worry about her.

2 Likes

So many things could have happen and I would have fired her on the spot.

Sack her. No one else’s excuses are good enough when it comes to the safety and wellbeing of your child/ren.

It is completely unacceptable!! Everything is; the stairs, the front door, the wax, what else is there around this woman has no idea about and is not watching just in case!
I was our local baby sitter as a teenager, and later became a live in nanny. For me, it wasn’t for the money, that was a bonus, for me it was for the kids, to be there, play, have fun. When they slept, I’d clean up anything we’d been doing; dishes ect, we all tidied the toys together, I just cleaned/tidied other stuff.
Makes me wonder what she does when they’re awake as it sounds like she’s not really watching them then either. Does she do anything with them; play games, teach, sing, I don’t know, anything? Is she at all qualified? I wasn’t qualified but word of mouth got me my babysitting gigs as a teenager; the kids loved me and wanted their parents to go out so I could come over, lol.
Anyway, hope you get it all sorted, gotta keep our bubs safe :blush:

Fuck that!!! Thats completely unacceptable find a new sitter asap!

Totally unacceptable. Nothing about this is okay, in my opinion.

I’m really laid back about pretty much anything but if she couldn’t hear you banging on the door then it’s definitely a safety problem. Me and my partner have had quickies many times but I’m still aware enough that I can hear if they have gotten up and I surely could hear if someone was beating on my door.
Also, if you ever knock several times where your kids are and get no answer you should feel free to walk right on into anybody’s house bc obviously something is not right

14 Likes

I’d tell her she’s gonna have a lot of extra time to fuck now! Bye Sheila

Time for a new sitter!!!

Inappropriate and I wod not take my children go back

Just NO! Nope. Not even a little bit.

You’re not paying her to get laid… bye!

1 Like

I would’ve been really upset.

Yeah…NO FUCKING WAY. Pun intended!

2 Likes

Irresponsible… I wont let her have my children ever again.

Oh hell no. I would’ve been all over her. It’s time to find a new babysitter and do random drop in more often. I do it a lot. You’ll never know when I’m coming, so my kid better be ok.

I’m sure ofsted would not approve