Am I overreacting about this situation with my neighbors son?

Do not ever leave your kids outside alone when they are that young. I promise you someone could grab your kid faster than you can make a bottle.

6 Likes

what is your question here? My opinion on the situation is that obviously this childā€™s household is not stable because the adults in the household are obviously not stable if the cops are constantly showing up at their door there for you donā€™t know what the child is enduring or having to go through or if anything is being done to the child or if the child is witnessing inappropriate behavior from the adults in the house or if the child has access to x-rated movies seeing how this child is obviously unsupervised. I would personally report this odd situation to CPS so they can evaluate and determine if the child is getting properly cared for and keep your children away for now from said child.

4 Likes

Let him play with your children while you are out there supervising as a parent does, then when enough is enough ask him to go home, he is possible austic and looking for love and acceptance, guidance from an adult.

3 Likes

That poor kid has a rough life. Cut him some slack. Also, mental health issues are very real. Calling someone a psycho for having them is pretty ridiculous. She needs help and I understand itā€™s up to her to get the help she needs, but being called names and having people show her a lack of empathy is probably a big reason she hasnā€™t.

4 Likes

Seriously the kid moaning sex noises at her daughter, oh hell no. He sounds like damage goods Iā€™d keep my kids away from him and NOT leave them out at all, you need water or need to make a bottle? guess what take your kids in with you period. And keep calling CPS till they get off thier asses and do something. If the mom is mental the last thing you want is to show this kid love and understanding like some people are saying avoid that mess. You call and report to CPS. That kid needs help.

Be there for them make him a sandwich show her m kindness but keep an eye on him. This kid needs positive attention

1 Like

if you donā€™t want him there, tell him he is not allowed, you are a grown up so act like one. If you are worried about him, yes maybe offer him a sandwich if itā€™s lunch time, he just might be hungry, But then again, he might not. If you are concern about him also call Child Protective Services. Plus this time of yr, he should be in school all day

1 Like

I mean if the kid isnt being provided for you could call cps, since he clearly has been introduced to things that he shouldnā€™t be

Stop letting your kids be outside. I know you shouldnā€™t have to but itā€™s seems there is no other solution unless you move. That sounds really creepy and I wouldnā€™t be letting my baby out of my sight.

There was a young boy who used to live next to use. Very filthy homeā€¦disgusting to say the leastā€¦their bugs, invaded our home, and we had our home professionally sprayed, but was told that no matter how often they came, that as long as what lived next to us did, we would continue to have a problem. We ended up moving, because I donā€™t do bugs. While we lived there though, when he would come over to play, he was treated just as my boysā€¦
His mother was told up front that if she didnā€™t bathe him, I wouldā€¦so when he would come over, I would put him in the bathtub, give him a bath, then put his clothes in the washer. Iā€™d let him wear something of one of my boys, while his clothes were washing. Then Iā€™d fix him something to eat. If it was on the weekend, he had to take a nap, same as my kids, because literally his parents would live him there all day. He would go to church with us, or wherever else we went. At the end of the day. I would put his clothes back on him, wrap up some food, and if it was the weekend, and we had been paid, I would put some extra things togetherā€¦like soap, detergent, etcā€¦for his family, and walk him across to his house.

13 Likes

If say follow your gut instinctsā€¦ I had a similar experience years ago when my daughter was 5 ā€¦and Iā€™m glad I did follow mine bcus a few weeks later that older kid was arrested for sexual abuse on a dog and other kids in the neigh or hoodā€¦ not saying this will happen just saying trust your gut and watch your kidsā€¦ I donā€™t think older children should play with toddlers unless you know that child personallyā€¦ but thatā€™s my opinionā€¦

1 Like

What are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Can the child speak? Like I was thinking maybe if he cant the moaning could be his way of communicating

3 Likes

I allow all neighborhood kids at my house because I feel as an adult and mother itā€™s my job to be a good role model and showing kindness to others is a great thing for children to learn. Iā€™m always in ear distance too

1 Like

Tell him that is not ok. Not appropriate. If he wants to play at your house he will like a 10 year old should and show the little guys how to play. If he canā€™t pull it together he should stay away.

A smile :smiley: goes along way. Smiles are contagious xoxo :pray:

1 Like

Never leave your kids alone outside at that age. Ever. Even for a min

11 Likes

Nope Iā€™d keep him away from all your kids your responsibilities are to your kids to keep them safe I would not put them in danger or myself by letting him in your home or feeding him

1 Like

The boy could be autistic and the moaning could be a form of communication for him. All kids that come to my home are treated just like my kids. This poor boy obviously does not have a stable home life so maybe by him coming to your house, he sees your house as a safe havenā€¦
If the police are at his house as much as you say and his mom is unstable cut that little kid some slack.

11 Likes

Offer him a different outlet. Supervised, but a different way to look at the world. Itā€™s very possible you can change his future for the best.

5 Likes

its a kid! he just wants to come over and play and get away from what ever is going on at homeā€¦

7 Likes

I agree with some on here. He may be autistic or have some other challenges. This could be where the meaning sound is coming from. You may feel better allowing yourself to get to know him a little bit. Never leave your kids unsupervised but itā€™s possible hes just a lost little boy looking for some attention.

6 Likes

A 10 year old should not be interested in playing with a 4 and 2 year old -tell him he is not allowed to come over. His motive is not appropriate

1 Like

Everyone is telling you not to judge, so without passing judgement still keep your kids safe at all cost. If anyone makes you feel uncomfortable with them being around your kid rather they are grown or a kid do not allow them near your child. I would rather you overreact than to be sorry and anyone of your kids pay the price. You are not responsible for another kid, so if it doesnā€™t feel safe take your kids inside.

5 Likes

Do you know anything about this child? Maybe this child has a form of autism or something else. Best not to make assumptions about people and their lives. If you have that much time on your hands to make assumptions about your neighbours, then my only advice is to reflect on your own first :+1:

You might want to conside if the child has a mental disability? Donā€™t jump to conclusions on a 10 yr old boy.

Or he could be witnessing things with his mother that he shouldnā€™t be and thinking itā€™s normal.

Itā€™s not something you can assume until you hear more details.

2 Likes

The most alarming thing I read here is that your young children are outside unsupervised at times.

7 Likes

Surely they should b able to
Play in their own yard. Not like they play on the street she never said they were in supervised. Did she?

Turn them into child services for public nuisance, the they can evaluate himā€¦

Always stay with your kids it takes 1 minute for a pervert to watch yoir routine and grab your childā€¦

3 Likes

Kids can be in their yard for a few mins people. Whether the child is autistic or not, you are allowed.to decide what type of behavior youā€™ll allow them around. Their family problems also arenā€™t your obligation to fix. If you feel like distancing yourself, go right ahead.

I would take the boy in and have him as a mothers helper. Everyone benefits.

I donā€™t feel comfortable with you allowing your four and two year olds playing outside alone, even of you are monitoring them via camera. Thatā€™s too young to play outside unaccompanied by an adult. It legit takes seconds for something to happen.
As for the older boyā€¦ Maybe try getting to know him first?

2 Likes

I would try to build a relationship with him. He obviously needs attention. Invite him to play and correct him when he does inappropriate stuff. No telling what is happening there.

2 Likes

The most important question here though isā€¦ Why is that child still allowed to be with his mother if all of that is going on? Why hasnā€™t CPS or the cops stepped in? Especially if she really is threatening to kill herself and the cops are over there all the time!! You should be calling CPS on her and saving that kid! What if she hurts him? Insane!!

Iā€™d just keep my child away.
Thereā€™s no sense in you being uncomfortable when itā€™s avoidable.

Some people learn at young ages to make others feel uncomfortable. Itā€™s a way to get attention & sometimes control you. This boy is trying to get your attention. Iā€™d have him come over, talk to him. You may get lucky & find out whatā€™s going on. Possibly mom is a drunk or high on drugs & heā€™s being abused. I had a neighbor who was very aggressive & did everything to bully me & my kids. Her kids would come over to my yard. I watched these kids every moves. The girl would talk about things 5yos shouldnā€™t know like drugs & sex. It made me very uncomfortable. I told her she couldnā€™t play with my kids. The kids ended up being taken away from their mom. The girl was raped regularly, basically mom prosituted her out to whoever would pay her. Looking back I think the girl knew things were wrong & was trying to get help. But scared to come out & say it. You have to look out for your kids first. But also watch him. If you see anything or he says anything that you know is abuse call CPS. The cops are over there a lot so if they felt he was in danger theyā€™d make a referral. So donā€™t waste CPS time by calling because the cops are over there a lot. Just be observant. If you see abuse or if he tells you of abuse (like having sexual or drug knowledge or expirence a 10yo wouldnā€™t normally have.)

Ok, Iam confused. Has he ever threatened or harmed your children? Are you scared because you think his mother is nuts?
I do wonder if this is a child who has a developmental disability.
I donā€™t think you have enough information to make judgements based on fear. If you really donā€™t know what is going on, donā€™t leave your children out side unattended.

You are judging a 10 year old who has no stable home life. He could have a disability. He could not understand social norms and be repeating what he sees. He appears to be reaching out for attention if you are not comfortable with this fine. But donā€™t you feel you have a moral responsibility to try to help himā€¦this could be accomplished by any number of things and calling child protective services may be the best thing. Why have the police not attempted to get him supervision? If they bring him back repeatedly they are aware he is not supervised and would ( in my opinion) be responsible if he is harmed or harms another. He is not an adult and can not be expected to be as responsible as one.

1 Like

You can report the situation to your local child protection services and keep your own kids close to you. Apparently there should be incident reports they can access through the police to back up any concerns for the boy.

1 Like

You said he makes moaning noisesā€¦ my daughter has autism and always makes moaning noises , barks, etc. itā€™s auditory stimmingā€¦she is also socially in appropriateā€¦ the main part of her autismā€¦ could this be similar?

3 Likes

Keep your eyes on himā€¦not his fault Needs some mother loveā€¦maybe not from you but that is what he cravesā€¦

2 Likes

With police already knowing the situation, just try some TLC, doesnā€™t sound like he gets any.

3 Likes

Maybe if you were to play with him, make him a peanut butter sandwich, and show him some love, he would act better. Correct his bad behavior, and teach him how to play nice with your kidā€™s. All in your supervision, of course. Kidā€™s with unstable parents may not know how to act or play well with little ones.

18 Likes

Heā€™s seeking attention, I feel sorry for him. Thatā€™s sad

1 Like

Is this child verbal ?
Autism. may not let him speak out .

3 Likes

What have you caught on camera? If you suspect something leaving them only long enough to get bottle is to long.

Hes longley, give him some attention, maybe with some kindness give him something to eat and talk to him on a daily basis thatā€™s what he probably needs poor boy. Try to get to know him.he needs help.

Have you thought that he maybe has a disability??

2 Likes

Keep him away from your kids. Gross