Am I to early to see baby on an ultrasound?

No doctor would even see me until we were 7-8 weeks because of this being a potential problem. Technology just isn’t as advanced as we’d like it to be yet. Be patient, try not to stress over what you don’t know and cannot control. Sending all the prayers and positivity your way​:pray::heart:

I had a shower at 5 weeks and they told me nothing was in the sac I went back a couple weeks later and they seen baby in sac x

to early. pretty sure they can just see it at 7 weeks

But 4 weeks is super early I was 6

Yes! it’s too early. They usually recommend about 8 weeks.

Too soon, we didnt see the fetal pole till 7 weeks with mine and couldnt get a heartbeat till 8 weeks. At 5 weeks with a vaginal they still couldnt see much besides a sack.

Too early but if the sac is abnormal, it might be a blighted ovum. I had one. It was my first positive test after several rounds of fertility treatments. It was a huge disappointment. Best of luck.

I’ve had a blighted ovum at my 7 wk check.
OB/GYN suggested letting nature take its course and miscarrying naturally, but I didn’t have a miscarriage by the time they thought I should. The baby never developed properly and I ended up having to have a DNC weeks later.
Hope everything is ok for you. :pray:

7 weeks and over but better to wait until 9 for a better view

I had a blighted ovum no fetal pole and sac was larger. Broke my heart…we had been trying 13yrs. I have 2 children now, a 3yr and 7 weeks.
4 weeks is early so hopefully when you go back they’ll see a heartbeat

I saw an empty sac until closer to 5-6 weeks

I had one at 4 weeks and it was basically a sac… 6 weeks there was baby and fetal pole

I wasn’t able to see either of my babies until 5.5 weeks, and even that was unclear/tiny tiny.

Most won’t till six weeks my dr made me wait till 10

Very very early. Typically don’t see anything until 6+wks

1 Like

This happens to me and no baby in the sac grew :sob:

4 Likes

Yes I had one I waited till it absolutely for sure was one before the did the DNC don’t do it to soon wait till it’s for sure

Ultrasound technologist here :raising_hand_woman:t2: too soon to tell anything. Wait a couple of more weeks :blush:

Yes. I had the silly ultrasound tech ask 3 times if I’m sure I didn’t miscarry :grimacing: I was just super early so nothing was showing. My baby boy was born November 2020 and very healthy. Good luck :heart:

No worries yet. Give it some time before you think the worst.

I have been through this. I had an ultrasound when I was bleeding at 5 weeks pregnant and they couldn’t see anything, they could not confirm I was pregnant or not. I went back in two days and my HCG was on track but they were concerned maybe it was a tubal. They scheduled me for a repeat ultrasound a week later. At 6 weeks, I saw my babe with a strong heartbeat. He is a healthy 2 year old now! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I had an ultra sound at 4.5 weeks because how i got pregnant was crazy. There was nothing in my photos and no heart beat so they had me come back at 6 weeks and again at 8 which is when we were able to see baby and hear heart beat. She is now 18 months :grin:

6 to 8 week you will see that little bundle of love

Happened to me with my now 15 year old have pcos didn’t think I was pregnant was sent for an ultrasound to check my cysts where the found a little tiny sack still didn’t think I was pregnant and thought it was a mistake went back a few weeks later and there was a sack with the fetal pole and all that good stuff now I have a healthy beautiful 15 year old girl

you could just be too early my ob wont even schedule a first ultrasound untill your at least 8 weeks for this reason but my sister got one when she thought she was 6 weeks turns out she was actually only measuring at 5 weeks but by that time they could see yolk sac. i would say 6-8 weeks is probably a better time frame to have a first ultrasound done

This is an 8 week ultrasound the little flickering is the heartbeat, I had a sub chorionic bleed and thought I had a miscarriage, not the same situation but so itty bitty, at this time. Stay positive, hoping for positive results!!

My doctor wouldn’t even schedule an appointment till I was 8 weeks. They told me anytime before that was really too early to tell.

Fetal pole can’t be seen until HCG is approximately 5000 or more

1 Like

Im thinking blighted ovum…

I had a real early scan, around 3-4 weeks and there was nothing to see. Went back at nine weeks and there he was :heart_eyes:

Hes 2.5 now :slight_smile:

My first ultrasound was at 4-5 weeks because I had lost my previous baby and they wanted to make sure all was okay. Mine looked like a “ring”. Then the second one I got at 7 weeks looked more like what you see in early ultrasounds. This was my first one.

I got mine done probably at 4 weeks in the ER honestly can’t remember the exact weeks i was because it was 5 years ago but you can see something just not a lot :sweat_smile: my ultrasound for reference that little dot was him

Had trouble seeing mine at 6 weeks. Made me wait until I was 9 weeks!!!
Talk about nervous wreck for three weeks!
16 years later we have Maxx Hudson :heart:

1 Like

My outcome is my daughter is now 6. I was having stomach pain and the ultrasound was for something else, just so happened to find a sac.

Generally your levels need to be over 700 to even see a hint of anything besides the sack.
I was 5.5weeks (I believe farther…) when we saw the heartbeat and the baby.

Deff too early to see baby. I always had to wait until 7 weeks. But that’s was still pushing it. 8 is better.

1 Like

Did they see a corpus lentium on ure ovary x that’s needed in pregnancy if u have that then maybe u just to early se

It is probably too soon but every woman is different. Between 8-14weeks you can usually see a Bean /gummy bear

I had a blighted ovum. You can private message me if you want.

I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past six years and had constant pain, especially in my knees.During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my b i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS)by this Man Dr ediale and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. Ediale telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me.I am now here to testify that i am not longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness.And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived.So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on any of this diseases
CANCER
EPILEPSY.
GENPILENCIN.
HIV AIDS.
DIABETICS
COPD
STROKE.
EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS.
HERPES.
SYPHILIS.
HEPATITIS A B and C
Whats-App/call number +2347018276836

Why did they even bother doing a scan at 4weeks? You very unlikely will see much more then a sac. Most places start from 6 weeks for scans. Checking your HCG levels will be much better for piece of mind ATM

I went through this had a rescan in a week and there you could then see the yolk! Blood test 2 days after and my hcg had shot up! I was also super early when I found out and had irregular bleeding etc. My little one I’d almost 2 now! Good luck xx

this happened to me and they suggested an abortion because they couldn’t find a baby and thought maybe it was a tubal preganancy…i wish everyday i wouldn’t have agreed to it but i was very sick and i’m the hospital and i already had two children so i did what i thought was best for my well being

Definitely super early. If your hcg levels keep rising appropriately all should be good.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I to early to see baby on an ultrasound? - Mamas Uncut

I was 4 weeks and 5 weeks when they did an ultrasound because I was worried when I fell at the park. They didn’t see anything except for my wall thickening. My level was 403.5. went back a week later and it doubled like normal. My ultrasound is today so I guess we’ll find out

I was also about 4 weeks pregnant when I knew I was pregnant. I didn’t have to wait for missed period, I just knew🤗 went in to get urine test and yeah, I was pregnant, still got a blood test and still pregnant lol. Dr couldn’t really see anything til I went in a few weeks after. My baby is now 1 year and a half. Relax momma, everything will be ok. Best of luck

1 Like

They told me they couldn’t see anything with 2 of my 4 boys. They stressed me out and I thought I was having a miscarriage (my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage). But nope my hcg levels kept going up and eventually they were able to see everything and now those boys are currently running around my house wild lol. Stay positive hun. :heart:

1 Like

For both my kids I know the day I got pregnant, and was 3 weeks after last period…{when I was 4 weeks it was only 1 since conception… plus, I knew I was pregnant in under 48 hours by being in tune with the changes in my body that I felt}. If that puts it into perception (even though average would be 2 weeks after conception)…
***WAY TOO EARLY, and not worth stressing over now. It will very likely change in the positive direction with a little time {even if it didn’t, nothing you do could change inevitable}. Just relax and breathe, while you wait this short time, focus on YOU!!! When it all works out, the very best thing you could have done for your child is not worry. :rose: Also, I have a split (nearly in half) uterus, so I was high risk…when I was pregnant with my daughter, they wanted an early ultrasound–at that time it was at 10 weeks {7 after conception} and they did an internal vaginal ultrasound in order to see anything that early. :rose:

Way too early! I’m not sure about the bloodwork numbers but this is why they wait until 6-7 weeks to do an ultrasound

4 Likes

Typically yes, That’s to early to really see anything. I would try and relax drink plenty of water and See how your levels are after blood draw. And go back in 2-3 weeks for a repeat ultrasound.

3 Likes

I was told my entire adult life, I’d never get pregnant. In March of 2017, I was told I was pregnant. Turns out, no fetal pole developed, it was a blighted ovum. It’s quite common from what I understand, especially in first time pregnancies, but that doesn’t help with the physical or emotional pain of it being a miscarriage . I had to have a D&C, my body wouldn’t pass the “clot” but I got pregnant again, 3 months later, before I ever had a period after the D&C. I had my son in March of 2018.

3 Likes

It’s too early. Usually to even see anything ultrasound your HGC needs to be 720 or higher. I was told this by an OBGYN when I went in due to pain at 4 weeks. Everything needed up being fine just don’t over stress yourself out

So we have 4 kids nothing for 8 years so went to clinic to find out why … cus we wanted a 5th. I was 2 weeks since my previous period … they saw a circle blob on a vaginal ultrasound and said I could try hormone shots once my period showed up … well no period showed no hormone shots needed and she is now 7years old … oh and when she was 4 months old I became prego again naturally! It was twin boys! They are 6yrs old now and so we have 7 kids :rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

It is to early. Like Tanya Andersen said the dr. Won’t even do an ultrasound yet because it’s to early

1 Like

4 weeks is early for an ultrasound, most in my area don’t do it until 8 or 9 weeks

I did. Transvaginal ultrasound showed empty sac. Next time… Heartbeat.

Hard to see much before 6 weeks. At 6 weeks they should see a heartbeat. If it is a blighted ovum, you will miscarry.

The doctor here won’t even do an ultrasound until 8 weeks due to this exact reason and it being unnecessary stress…you will most likely be totally fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 weeks is too early to see a baby

We didn’t see anything that early. They confirmed that he wasn’t stuck in my tubes, but no real confirmation past that.

I got to see my second son at 5 weeks. Just a cute little circle :sweat_smile: i had JUST did a test a week and a half before that, right before my missed period, making that the 3 1/2 week mark. Then I got a REALLY bad kidney infection. They had to do an ultrasound on me to make sure there were no large stones that would put my baby in danger. And there he was, this cute little dot nestled right at the bottom of my uterus off to the right. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Under the same circumstances my sons girlfriend miscarried

1 Like

I thought it was funny because the ultrasound tech didn’t think we would see the tiny little sac but she was absolutely amazed when we did. And she printed the picture for me too! Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You are probably too early. You cannot see much until your hcg is around 1500…because of this most doctors won’t do an ultrasound until this level of hcg is reached.

1 Like

I haven’t even heard of where they will do an ultrasound before 10 to 12 weeks unless there’s a medical necessity because of the fact that they often can’t see anything anyways. I wouldn’t be concerned for at least a few more weeks.

1 Like

Most first ultrasounds are done around 8 weeks. External ones you wont be able to see much until around the 8 week mark. If you recieved an internal ultra sound you still wont be able to see much more until about 6 or 7 weeks. I wouldnt worry until you get your hcg levels back and see which way they go.

1 Like

Happened to me on my first baby, I was 7weeks gone with no fetal pole…the ultrasound also confirmed 7weeks 3days…so I was told to come back at 9weeks…longest two weeks but amazingly at 9weeks fetal pole was found.

1 Like

It’s too early. I was about 8 weeks pregnant with my 1st child and the u/s showed an empty sac. The dr insisted that i wasnt pregnant… my boy will be 5 years old this year

1 Like

this happened to me, once. turned out that, i was way to early.

with our last baby, the dr. told me it was probably a blighted ovum when we did a ultrasound on 01.04.2020 & they had me come back 01.16.2020 for another before we moved forward with anything andddd when i went back everything was ok. he is now 9 months old and perfect.

3 Likes

When I found out I was pregnant they made me go for an ultrasound and my daughter wasn’t even developed yet there was literally a sac you could see and that’s pretty much it (I apparently get pregnant quick if I do get pregnant lol)

I’m surprised they did one at 4 weeks.

3 Likes

Same happened to me but they tried to do a d&c but I backed out at the last minute. Turns out it was too early to see. My daughter is almost 9 now and obviously not a blighted ovum

I watched mine at 6 weeks when they had to hospitalize me. I was so in shock that I could see movement because it was my 3rd kid and I always assumed you couldn’t see anything until much later. Needless to say, I took a video cause this little 6 week old bean was reeeeeally moving!

I was 4 weeks with my 3rd daughter & i had an ultrasound thwy couldn’t see anything but they gave me a vaginal scan & saw sak & yolk went back the next week & saw the baby it’s probably just a bit too early x

U can normally see baby til between 6 and 10 weeks I wouldnt worry too much about it til after that if ur numbers r still going up

My youngest was a blighted ovum, the dr wanted to do a dnc my friend Katie Adkison told me to wait a couple of weeks, and lil baby connor was there and healthy♡

1 Like

Most places don’t do them until about 6 to 8 weeks at earliest bc most times you can’t see anything before that

I saw both of mine at 6-7 weeks… if they don’t they may not have the best or Modern tech! You can deffo see a heartbeat by 7+ weeks

You could be less than you think too. If you just 1 week less it can make a big difference in what you see on a US

Everyone is different , but most likely too soon to see

I’ve seen all 4 of my kids at 5-6 weeks, and by kids I mean tiny gerbil looking things with a ball (yolk sac) attached. Never done one earlier than that.

You won’t see an actual baby form till 11+ weeks and then it’s still iffy.

I went through it and I was just to early

Definitely too early

I went through this and two weeks later when I came back in for my scan there was a little jelly bean baby

She’s now 9 :slightly_smiling_face: xx

Is this a serious question? Ultra sound is damaging first off. And second the egg takes a month to fertilize. Literally nothing will show up than what you mentioned.

My drs never did ultrasounds til 8 weeks so they could see the baby

I’d wait for your lab recheck. Your HCG level should double to indicate viable pregnancy. I saw my babies heartbeat at 6 weeks post conception. I had lost the 2 before her.

1 Like

In my case the first time I got pregnant it ended up being a blighted ovum. Prayers that it is just too soon for you to see

Think positive. My daughter has baby the doctors kept offering to abort for her. She had a very rare brain disorder. She wanted that baby. She has turned out to be a bright star in our very large family.

Prayers for you Momma. I pray that things go the way you hope for. Hugs. I know it’s a stressful and indescribable situation.

I went through that with my last pregnancy. Took a test and was positive, yet at my first ultrasound the doctor only say a sac and saw where I was pregnant or having a miscarriage according to the doctor. Come to find out I was about 4 weeks at that time and just had to wait a little bit longer to see my baby. I got to see her at about 6 weeks and hear her heartbeat then. It was a long and just horrible wait but was worth it for me personally.

When I went for a us with my daughter I couldn’t see anything at all at 5 weeks I was definitely nervous because previous pregnancy I had a blighted ovum. A week later went in for another us and there she was :heart: So definitely might be too early.