Am I wrong for being mad that my husband dropped me on our car insurance?

Are your Finances combined? Does the insurance, phone, internet come out of a Joint account you contribute to? And is this a LEGAL Marriage?

When my husband n I split they the courts not the insurance company…… made me carry him on the policy until the divorce was final .
Your insurance agent would have had to have the plates relinquished to the dmv to drop the vehicle off the policy . ( At least in my state)
You need legal advice…

4 Likes

Petty. Especially if you have children together. Find better.

It’s ok to be mad about this. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Personally, I would have gotten car insurance right away and let him know.

He told you. You’re not his problem anymore. Time to pay your own costs of living .

I don’t think he’s wrong. I did the same thing to my ex husband. Why would he pay for you if you’re getting a divorce? Also to be fair he told you to get your own insurance

12 Likes

Yes I would be livid. Get a lawyer and take him to court. It is not gonna be good for him.

2 Likes

I’d be mad, yes he told you but he should’ve gave you a month to get everything sorted with bills and all.

But why be mad!!! He told you… So don’t blame him for you driving without insurance…

2 Likes

I took my husband off my plan after we separated cause he cheated. You want to act single but have the benefits of being married. Nope. You can pay your own now

1 Like

Yes
You split up
You surely can’t expect him to foot your bills

What’s the issue? He told you though

He should of told you, he isn’t wrong for taking you off the insurance tho

He did tell you, you didn’t listen or maybe you didn’t take him seriously. That’s on you. I’d be mad that he did it right away, but you can’t be mad that he didn’t tell you.

112 Likes

Y’all are not together he doesn’t have to carry you on car insurance l, he told you.

3 Likes

Admittedly he should of said he was that day or gave you a time frame to do it in, but he did tell you and a week is a long time to just hope he didn’t do it in. I would have went at the latest the next day to do it.

“He told me to get my own auto insurance”

He did tell you. You said it yourself lol

Short answer is yes you are wrong

He told you. Why are you mad. Grow up. Get insurance move on.

2 Likes

He told you to get your shit sorted out and you chose not to listen. This is 100% your fault, you’re not together it’s no longer his responsibility to take care of you!

That’s BS…Get yourself a good attorney ASAP, it’s not just an ethical or moral issue…there are legalities when you separate.

Meh. I mean, he DID tell you that you would need to sort all of those things out, but it would have been considerate of him to make you aware once he had officially removed you. I don’t think it’s something that warrants being “furious” though.

1 Like

I would call the broker asap

He did tell you. You probably thought he was just “kidding” well now you know. Of course he was being an ass and could’ve waited. So take him seriously going forward.

If your going through a divorce, all insurance must stay the same until after the divorce is settled.
If he just moved out I would be upset but no legal leg to stand on.

Depends on why you separated.

I’m not understanding. He did tell you.

Oh boy, here we go​:woman_facepalming:t4:. Yes, you were WRONG! He TOLD you to get your own insurance, that was your warning. :woman_shrugging:t4::joy:

He told you he was dropping you to get your own insurance my ex had it in my divorce papers he’d pay mine for 5 years. I would check into it though if he can do that since you’re just separated.Is the car in just your name .The M.V.
can pull your tags.

But he did tell you to get your own insurance. :person_shrugging:

If I was in this situation I would have taken him at his word. If for some reason I (or you) had to wait a few days to get the insurance I would have made other arrangements. Car pool, bus, or ask someone to loan you a spare car.

Idk how anyone is saying it’s not wrong, lmao. Did your money not help pay those bills?!

I mean, he did tell you. Y’all aren’t together so why wouldn’t you get your stuff in YOUR name?

He told you but yeah it was very petty to drop you and not give you at least a couple days to get something worked out.

You called him your husband but proceeded to say you separated… therefore he’s your ex husband so what he now dose is upto him :smiley:

You for sure have to divorce his nasty, vindictive ass. No1 should ever deal with someone like this.

Kinda. The only way I wouldn’t blame you for being a little upset is if you have kids together that you drive daily in that car because the insurance would cover them too in medical. My dad and stepmom split up after 15 yrs and he kept her insured because she babysat her niece all the time that way if anything happened she would be covered and insured. Once she didn’t babysit her anymore he had the insurance company contact her and give her 30 days notice to get the policy figured out

Shit once my cell turned off I’d be like damn better check the other things he said but that’s just me.

So you’re mad because he dropped you off the insurance when he literally told you he was going to do that? Make it make sense. 

Well just saying he told you granted it would have been nice if he gave you time to get it on your own accord but now that you know, Just go get it & move on from that disgusting ,good for nothing man of yours…

was he the policy holder or both of you? if both he has no right…if his… he’s an a$$ for doing that so quickly … cut him loose, hes probably an albatross anyway!!

Y’all separated and he did warn you. I do think he should have told you so you could have gotten your own insurance though because that would have been bad if you were at fault in a car accident.

I say be mad if you want to but it’s wasted energy let go move on don’t let ugly stick around life’s to short

He could have said he was dropping it the same day or gave you a couple days to get everything in order he sounds like an ass… I mean he’ll me and my ex have been split almost 10 years and still have a bank account together :person_shrugging:

Not his problem, he told you, To get your own insurance

Um. So if I read correctly ur separated & he moved out…why would he keep u on ? Put ur big girl pants on & get ur own insurance phone plan etc ur not together

Well your not together! He moved out! and he did tell you to get your own insurance. You didn’t even try to set up your own you drove for another week, knowing he Said that to you. So most of your blow up us on you. Yea he could of said something but he doesn’t have to. It doesn’t sound like your on good terms with him and this fight. could of been avoided by just getting your own insurance.

Even if he did tell you, he should have said something on dropping you on the car insurance, and advice when and if y’all get back together don’t let him talk you into dropping your insurance, go get a quote at the general they will give you different quotes

Well he tech told you to get your own.
He doesn’t need to tell you he took you off.

At this point just woman up and go get the insurance.

Yes because if you wreck they will not cover accident because you live in same household. Would have saved me a big 12 dollars a month to take grown children off mine. Didn’t cause they could never barrow my car in a pinch.

Well… What did ya expect? Know there is way more to this is story… That man is pissed off at you.

At least he told you. I found out during a traffic stop that my soon to be ex husband took me off! When the officer told me I didn’t believe her so I called Progressive with the officer at my window. This was many years ago but it was crappy to find out that way

Your not wrong you are entitled he could have been an adult and been like hey look I’m taking you off the insurance possibly giving you time to switch or get your own account :woman_shrugging:

He should have told you he took you off right there and then. Driving without insurance is insane id be mad about that

If you’re legally married it is absolutely illegal for him to take you off of his insurance without you giving permission to the insurance company.

21 Likes

Most insurance companies will not drop you off without your permission. When I was seperated progressive straight up refused to just remove my ex, he had to call to confirm.

No evidently she has no Respect for you at all ,if I were you File for a Divorce and move on .I don’t want a man like him Do you?Dont waste your time and everything that you have to Offer.

Nothing should have been dropped or removed until there has been mire action taken Herr its less than a week ago I never understand this mindset my husband and I have been married 20 years together almost 22 and yes we have separated a couple times no longer than a couple weeks and not 1 time did he ever do this stuff he continued to pay the house payment along with me and we continued to pay the biks and we continued to take care of our kids I even left the house with my girls went to my sisters he would come there everyday before or after work depending on the shift he was on he works swing and he always asked and made sure not only the girls were good and didn’t need anything but me also we were separated during my youngest daughter’s birthday he came picked me up and we went shopping together for her and we had her party together this only hurts the kids when their parents act like this so now what happens in a couple weeks when you all reconcile then you have all these extra unnecessary bills 2 insurance policies means more money 2 phone plans more money etc. This is childish I can see if it was months down the road or if a divorce was definitely happening and in the works most judges will not allow any changes until final divorce decree so is it right he did this absolutely not is it illegal no you need to let him know that his child support started the day he walked out that door so while he is playing childish perry games let him know that he now owes you support go to child support office and file now don’t wait it will start from the day he left the child and if he doesn’t pay it will all add up and he will be arrearage before you even make it to divorce court this is why people really need to calm down and step back and do not make hasty decisions when emotions are high he could be a good man but he sure isn’t acting like one right now

He shud of given u 1 week notice, not same day notice thats messed up

first off how if ur legally married they wont do it believe me i tried to remove myself from progressive n because i couldnt show proof of divorce they wouldnt remove me n im not even a damn driver lol u could always be a ass call them n tell them u not divorced n how can they just do tht

No you are not wrong. What an a**hole

I wasn’t allowed to remove my ex husband from insurance until he signed a paper, or something along those lines, stating he was being removed. I would call and see what happened

You better make sure you get your own health insurance and make sure he’s not your beneficiary on your life insurance.
Make sure he’s not on your bank accounts.
Also take him off all your benefits at work and get a trusted power of attorney for your medical situations.
I’m a petty ho.
If anything with his name shows up I’d put it in a box and let it stack up.
Change your locks and the mailbox key.
Since he wants out, make sure he stays out.
IJS…

I recommend getting advice from an attorney instead of strangers online.
Yes, the advice may be decent but you are legally married and sounds like about to be divorcing.
You should have talked to and obtained an attorney the day he told you he was done.

Depending on your state this can’t be done until the divorce is settled, division of assets and debts can’t usually be done before that and will get him later in court. Get an attorney now.

That’s not his fault you drive with no insurance :sweat_smile: legally because he moved out and you are separated he didn’t do anything wrong and had every right to drop you and the car from his insurance strictly because they do not live togetheranymore, if he still lived there then he would have had to take different steps. Yes it would have been nice to let you know he dropped you that day but you aren’t together anymore so he has no obligation to KEEP reminding you after he already informed you. Should have gotten your own insurance when he said something :sweat_smile: he clearly doesn’t want to be with you anymore so you can’t trust him to act like a husband still, now he’s just a dude you have to split your shit with.

Being angry, understandable. But end of the day, he did warn you that you’ll need to do these things. Organising the finances will obviously need to be sorted as soon as possible so you can both move on.

When I was in divorce court I had to keep him on my car insurance and health insurance until divorce finalized. If the car is in your name then at least you have that but if it’s in both then he may be in the wrong until that’s fixed. I would suggest keeping notes of everything and saving any texts and try to keep communication limited and to texting if possible. What’s done is done so at this point it’s best to keep moving forward and not pay it extra attention. He may be looking for all the negative attention and be using methods like that to get to you.

I would be bugged but he moved out I would of made several calls on these very important issues…You gotta take care of all that the min they leave

Well he did tell you, fair or not.

Did you tell him you needed time to come up with down payments ?

I mean he told you to :woman_shrugging:

He warned you when he moved out the house after you all separated and aren’t together anymore. I would look for all separate stuff for you’re name and stuff

Separated isn’t divorced. Until then, he has to keep you on the insurance. Call the insurance company, or better yet, get your lawyer to.

It messes with a persons chances of getting insurance at a decent rate…I’d a break in it happens…
screans.vindictive…

He did. The same in depth convos will not happen between you two, take him at his word and be proactive now. Stop expecting more from him because he REALLY REALLY will let you down now if hes THAT done.

He did tell you :laughing:. Not his fault you didn’t check

Well he did tell you. He left you you knew he was a AH. So can’t be mad at but yourself

Meh, you can be mad all you want, it’s kind of a crappy move on his part… but he did tell you. So driving with no insurance is on you.

Well he did tell you he was going to. Idk why your so surprised. Why did it take you a week to get new insurance? You literally could of called the place your already insured with and started a new policy probably a 30 min phone call the same day.

He told you to get your own. Meaning he was dropping you.
You’re separated and he doesn’t want to pay it.
Should of been proactive and called the insurance company. Then went and got your own plan.
It’s not his responsibility to pay your bills. Married / separated.

And for anyone who’s OMG at my comment. I’m married 10 yrs and if we ever separated. I’d be proactive in getting my own stuff. Plus we split things anyways car insurance is in my name phones in his …

You should be pissed if he didn’t give you a warning. But he did.