Am I wrong for how I responded to my husband?

we have 3 children 12,7 and 1 . I signed them up to swimming lessons years ago it’s over an hour long and while they do that I run around after the 1 year old there, sometimes with help off husband if he isn’t on his phone! But I’m 100 percent always the one with eyes on him. A few weeks ago husband signed them up to mma, it’s 1.5 hours long with a little waiting area. While there Iv to watch the baby every minute, today I asked husband to watch him for 5 mins so I could watch the others doing it for the last 5 mins…. His response is no go wait in car I signed them up so I want to watch them!stay home next time. I don’t like his response and think it’s very childish and demeaning. Am I wrong to be annoyed or should I just miss out and stay home twice a week

58 Likes

Can you get a stroller for the 1 year old and give him something to entertain them?

8 Likes

Was he helpful with the older ones, when they were younger?

2 Likes

I would’ve cussed him out :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Nope. U guys are a team. There Shouldn’t be any “i did” or " cuz u were the one" nope. It should be about compromise. He signed them up, yes, but that doesn’t mean u wouldn’t like to watch them too. Time for him to grow up a bit and realize its a partnership

12 Likes

Can someone babysit the 1 year old, then you can watch them, and do a dinner or lunch after?!
I don’t think he should’ve told you no to watching the 1 year old, as he needs to help too. But definitely there could be some compromise with him (not saying you’re in the wrong)

Girl!! Relish in YOU time. Find something to do. Allow him to be an active Father. No, I don’t agree with the way he spoke to you. But, not sure of y’all’s dynamics.

1 Like

Theyre your kids too, you deserve to watch them just as much. He can hold the kid and watch them at the same time , it isnt hard to do. Is there a drop in daycare close by or can you get a sitter for the 2 hours?

You weren’t wrong. It’s a team effort. It doesn’t matter who signed them up.

3 Likes

I would have said YEP you got it I’m going to the car and would have handed him the one year old and said if I can watch the baby while they swim you can watch baby while they train.

6 Likes

Get a babysitter for the 1 year old and go watch your 12 & 7 year old for an hour or 90 minutes. Problem solved.

8 Likes

Absolutely unacceptable. It doesn’t matter who signed the kids up, they’re still both of your children and you both should have an opportunity to support them at these functions. Also, he should be helping keep an eye on the baby regardless.

30 Likes

I’d stay home while he has all 3

1 Like

He’s disrespectful and you don’t want to know what I’d call him. Other than ex

5 Likes

Enroll yourself into your own class and leave him with all of them

39 Likes

Well what did you say? After he said that?

Baby you should take some of those classes and then show him what you learn :wink:

He can’t watch his own child for 5 minutes? It’s not even watching at that point it’s parenting. You can’t be the sole parent to your child for 5 whole minutes?

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. You both should be taking care of the baby & sharing in all the kids hobbies & accomplishments. He seems to think it’s only your job while they’re little. I would’ve went to the car as he said but left baby with him. Then I would’ve moved the car to another parking lot or something until the end of the sport. Malicious compliance. When he argues with you later tell him he has 2 choices. Either share parenting of all the kids together or do it by himself every other week alone.

This doesn’t make sense … I understand that everyone tried to make themselves out to be the good guy but for someone to just snap and say that says he shouldn’t be watching children at all … pick a better man or tell the whole story

2 Likes

Sooooo, you actually have 4 children.

57 Likes

Not wrong to be upset, I would be too. That being said I would definitely make sure he knew how much of a jerk move that was, yet try to come up with a compromise. Maybe the compromise is a babysitter once in a while so you can both go. Then sometimes only one goes. However it should never be just you missing out on anything. The only thing that’s going to do is create resentment for you towards him and potentially jealousy/resentment by the other kids towards the 1 year old. They need mom time too. Have an open discussion with him. If that doesn’t work, try marriage counseling and then ultimately you might have to make some tough choices. You know your husband though if this is his only flaw, I’m sure you aren’t ready to end your marriage, but it is a big deal.

Off, I wouldn’t like that. Its both your kids, why do you have to be the only one to do it. That’s jacked up, im sorry.

He sounds like an a**hole :woman_shrugging: but also sounds like you’ve put up with it and allowed it :frowning:

3 Likes

What a douchey thing to say

1 Like

So because you didn’t sign them up you can’t watch them? I honestly woulda told him to suck it and went and watched them anyway. Then reevaluate my marriage

You married and had kids with a jackass!

Your husband sounds like a dick and I would just stay home with the baby. If he ever needs you to take them, just remind him that he’s the one who signed them up so he can figure out a way to get them there.

I am sorry,I tolerate no bs anymore.He would be my ex.

So shitty in so many ways.

Totally unacceptable who the hell does he think he is to talk to u like that… put baby in an stroller so u can watch you the kids have 2 parents not 1 and am sure the kids would love both of you there too watch and support them he being very selfish tell him to wait in car next week see how he likes it there no him or you your a family

Disgusting. What a jerk. Absolutely do not tolerate that behavior.

You have yourself a certified asshole. That’s abusive… narcissistic behavior on his part.

Why do women put up with this shit. Marriage is a partnership. My parent isn’t my biological children’s dad- he would bend over backwards to help me with them.

He’s absolutely wrong. I cannot imagine my husband saying that to me. You should be taking turns watching the baby together so that you both can enjoy your older children’s experiences. I’d have a discussion about it for sure & expect a change.

11 Likes

Nope. My husband stays home with our toddler and infant while I take our 12 yr old daughter to basketball and softball. He goes when we can get a sitter.
It give me little breaks and watch my kid do her thing

If my husband even spoke to me like that he’d be single :rofl:

1 Like

Put LO in stroller or carrier and enjoy watching others. Why do you need to let LO run around for the hour? It’s the older kids turn to enjoy something. Not sure why a 1yr would keep you from watching unless they were just upset or not feeling good that day. You both should be able to watch LO and older kids at same time.

Take turns in taking the kids for there swimming lessons it frustrating for the 1year old too too be cooped up for that period at least at home he’s free to do whatever he wants

Wow. That was an awful response!

His response was an AH. It’s still an activity the kids are doing it doesn’t matter who signs them up he can get off his a)$ for 5 minutes and watch the youngest so you can sit down and see how your kids are doing.

Not wrong to be upset but I can see him wanting to watch something he paid for. It has to be both ways. I also wouldn’t take the one year old if he needs to run around. It takes away from your older ones getting attention doing a sport and they’ll resent it in the long run. However, even at one my kid wasn’t allowed to run wild in public.

6 Likes

You give him all 3 kids for those 2 days and go treat yourself. Meet up with friends, take a walk, do some shopping, read a book at a coffee shop with no phone, go to the spa, get your nails or hair done. And continue to do so until he finds where he lost his mind.

26 Likes

why do both of you need to be at every lesson WITH the baby? why can’t one of you stay home with the baby & the other attend the lesson (like trade off). that way the baby isn’t there distracting everybody & both of you can go and not have worry about the kid running around??

ORRRRRR, strap him in the stroller for an hour with a snack.

Sounds like you have a fourth child.

That’s a big no . Hell no . He is equally responsible for that child , I think it’s only fair he watches them too . Me and my boyfriend go places and we take shifts on watching our 1 year old

Hand him the kid snd walk away

I’d have told him to f* off and then handed him the little one anyways. I would assume he wouldn’t want to make a bigger scene in public so go for it mama

Uhm no they are your kids too and you should get to enjoy them. He’s a dick and needs to do better. He should watch the baby too because he helped make him. Ugh I’m sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck

Your married to a A- hole!

Nah he’d be out the fucking door. He either parents them all or he parents none of them

I would have done just that… gone wait in the car.
Put the 1 yr old on his lap and walk out to the car…

What a pathetic pedantic Twat

Nta I have three that live with me but five kids in total me and husband have a 7-year-old with autism a four year old with ADHD and a 1-year-old baby that’s walking it is extremely difficult I’m going to stay home mom it’s mostly me but I’d be damned if I ask my husband to take the baby so I can do something with the older ones and he said no I’d be mad luckily my husband even as an infant I was able to pump and leave him milk would watch those babies so I could go out one-on-one time if I go shopping I take one kid with me we take turns every time I go out or if I just want to go by myself and just take the dog this time I do majority of the child care the feeding bathing brushing of hair teeth brushing reminders everything school homework etc I’d be mad honestly girl you have every right to be upset you should be able to go and watch your other kids while your husband can sit and watch a baby for a few minutes he should be thrilled to watch that baby and have one-on-one time with him just saying my husband gets so excited when he gets that one-on-one time with any of the kids