Am I wrong or is my husband?

First time mom here but I need advice and I am pretty sure I am right andmy husband is wrong but I can’t get thru to him.My daughter is currently still in an infant carseat. I am wanting to get her a convertiblecarseat before she maxs out on the infant one. My husband says I can easily take the convertible one out like we do the infant. I told him no it doesn’t work like that. He takes her to the babysitter sometimes in his work car so he needs something he can take out when he drops her off. I am at such a loss at what to do?

34 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I wrong or is my husband?

Car seats are a pain in the ass to take out. Get 2!

No u can’t it stays in car usually and just take baby in and out

2 Likes

Yes and no, it’s not going to be used to carry babe around but they are easy to transfer.

Just keep it in the car how much does she weigh

Convertible car seats are bulkier and more difficult to get in and out of the car. They don’t have a base like infant car seats but they can be taken in and out but it’s a pain. We had 2, 1 for each car.

2 Likes

You could take it out , it’s a hassle to do so but I mean it can be done , or just go to Walmart and purchase the Walmart brand and you can 2 for under 100$

I agree with him however it is ideal to have a car seat for each vehicle…

1 Like

Convertible car seats are not easy to remove.

Get two car seats cause convertible one stays in the car.

1 Like

No, convertibles do not have a base. He would need to uninstall and reinstall every time. It’s easier for every vehicle to just have its own car seat and maybe finding a cheap spare for the babysitter to just keep. Depending on size and age of baby, Cosco scenera next is my go to spare.

I would get one now and when she maxes out get a second for the other car. It’s not hard to transfer just extremely inconvenient and takes some time.

It can easily be taken out you just need to unhook it but you can’t carry the baby in it like the infent one. I didn’t even get a infent car seat with my 2nd kid, went straight to the convertible.

1 Like

He’s better off having his own. It’s a pain to move all the time.

2 Likes

No. Only infant car seats have the carrier. I think. Maybe go look at a few.

If he’s the one taking her in and out of it/ he’s the one that needs to re install it LOL then I’d say go for it haha he will learn soon enough. Some men, you need to just let them learn the lesson, I’ve grown tired of men who don’t take advice from women seriously.

3 Likes

I agree with him , they do transfer

1 Like

Convertible for your car and let him keep using the infant seat until babe is too big. Boom done everyone wins. :smirk:

4 Likes

Neither of you is right or wrong - you both just have preferences.

1 Like

Have you looked on the Internet or gone to Target or another store and looked at approved car seats? That is where I would start. Your local police department may have a page on car seats that might also be helpful. Your child’s pediatrician may have a list, too, or a web address for you to check.

I would not rely on posts here as car seats change so very often and what is available and approved in one country may not be available in another.

I bought the main carseat new and spare one from a garage sale. Just make sure it’s never been in an accident and not expired. The convertible carseat can also be latched in by the seatbelt instead of the straps for easier removal. look on the user manual (or Google it) to make sure your doing it properly and locking the seat belt. I wouldn’t recommend the seat belt method for higher speeds or longer trips, just convenience if you need to remove often. My babysitter barrows our spare often.

It’s a huge pain to install and uninstall CORRECTLY. We bought one for each car.

7 Likes

There is no right or wrong here honestly. You can easily switch the convertible car seat to another vehicle it’s just sometimes a pain and most people don’t want to do it. We either did that or drove my vehicle until we got my husband his own convertible car seat.

2 Likes

We just ended up starting baby off in a convertible car seat in my car and later he opted to get an infant Carseat for his truck. It just worked easier. Car seats can be moved easily, but it’s not the most fun.

It’s a pain, but you can take it in & out. I have 3 in high back boosters & about to have a newborn who will be in an infant carrier the first 3 months. But if I’m not transporting her daily I’m not gonna leave her convertible seat installed all the time to save space.

1 Like

Buy two for each car

They can be removed. You can just use the seat belt and it’s easily changed from vehicle to vehicle but just get one for each vehicle.

3 Likes

Each car should have its own car seat. It’s less of a hassle

4 Likes

I have the Evenflo 360 - so it has a base that you install, and the seat clicks into that. Could it be an option for him to leave the base connected and then remove the seat when he’s using the vehicle for work? That way he wouldn’t need to keep reinstalling it, which can be a pain in the butt.

They definitely have convertibles with a base so they can be taken out

4 Likes

Convertible is what I use from the beginning, britax is the easiest I’ve found to install quickly.

1 Like

You are both right.
There ARE convertible seats that do come out easier than others. But the easiest seats are infant seats.
Personally we each have our own. With convertibles, the angle and latching systems are very specific and that’s why it’s a challenge, If not a pain in the ass to move them.
My hubby had a cheaper seat “Evenflo titan” and I had a peg perego.

If you get a click tight car seat to put it in with the belt it won’t be as bad. The ones that do this tend to be heavier seats to move though. I personally have one in every vehicle. Which is mine, my husband’s and my moms. Mine is the newest and most expensive because he is in it the most. The one in my husbands truck I got second hand but it still had several years left and it is a very expensive sturdy seat. You have to use your best judgment if you get one second hand. The Britax ones I have click on the belt which I love and it’s super easy to get a great install every time.

Let him do it. Lmao hell get tired of doing that real quick :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

What is the age requirement
In your state to move them to a bigger seat

1 Like

Every car had a infant carseat base and then everycar got a “big boy” carseat .

They can easily be switched, the latches are just buttons you push

We just have one for each car that was professional installed.

1 Like

My daughter just had my first grandson they used to transfer the car seat to each other’s car. But now they have two and it’s a lot easier. Because they’re a pain in the butt to transfer

You can, it’s a job though….

I had a carseat for each vehicle

2 Likes

It’s really not that much work to switch a car seat. :woman_shrugging:t4: It takes like 2 minutes. I never understood why everyone makes such a big deal out of it.

15 Likes

The convertible ones (backward n forward in one) are heavy to move back n forth… Granted I move from truck n not very tall so climbing in n out with weight is tiring n hard… We have 2, so papa has one n so do I, makes it easier…

5 Likes

The easiest and safest option is to get a convertible car seat for both vehicles. Install it safely once and leave it. If that isn’t possible financially, I would look for a car seat that installs very easily and make sure you take the time to do it correctly every time. They’re heavy and not meant to be removed constantly so that option is going to be a pain in the butt.

We purchased two convertible car seats.

Explain to your husband that there are too many steps in taking a convertible car seat out every day.

Plus for safety reasons I don’t think it’s a good idea.

1 Like

No you can’t take it out like an infant one. I switched my son bc he got way too long for the infant. It’s a pain to have to switch his car seat from suv to suv if we need to.

I would keep her in it as long as possible… if I could still carry my 3 year old in his he’d still be in it😂 it saves you from having to chase them to and from the car every single trip

Have 2 and keep one in his trunk. If he doesn’t use his work car for much it’s easier to have the seat in already. Yes it’s a work car but everyone knows he’s a dad and expects it.

One for each vehicle? :woman_facepalming:t2:

Its pretty easy. I babysit my nephew and they drop it off everyday with him, then I use thru out the day then they pick it up with him.

No need to explain. Just agree and have him load and unload once and then he will feel foolish :roll_eyes:. Convertible car seat is dang heavy and super annoying to install everyday.

9 Likes

We got a larger version of the infant one which was still easy to remove into different cars. It might work out cheaper to get two of the Stage 2/3 type. We always used to just move the seats we did have and got pretty good at swapping them into different cars. Maybe try with one, then buy another if you need to?

Id just wait until she maxes the infant seat if he’s set on taking the carseat out. Most convertibles are bulky and really aren’t meant to be installed and removed constantly, it can be done. I would ask in the Car Seats for the Littles group to find your best option that is 1. A good choice for kiddo and 2. The best choice for your car. Not all car seats are compatible with all cars.

3 Likes

It’s really not that big of a deal to take one out of one car and put it into another :woman_facepalming:t3::woozy_face:

1 Like

l Get paid over $114 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12941 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay231.pages.dev/

I would get a seat for each car. Removing these seats you run the risk of having an improper install and fit, which is a safety risk.
Car Seats for the Littles is a great group! They will give advice on seat to best fit the child, the car, and needs.

1 Like

Yes it can be done…just unhook seatbelts and move it…ppl have been doing it forever

1 Like

When you’re in a relationship it seems so easy to bicker over the smallest of things especially if you both feel unheard I say just buy it let him use the one you have and you use the new one until she grows out of it

l Get paid over $114 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12941 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay255.pages.dev/

I mean I guess I didn’t have to BUT when my babysitter needed the carseat because errands or doing something fun…I would take the carseat with her in it vs. Making 2 trips…it facing backwards will insure it being in the correct position with out difficulty. When facing backwards I don’t think you use the ancors…so it would be quite easy.

Shared hope that’s ok

I take our convertible one out a few times a week it’s not that hard.

I’d just let him do it. You’ll talk yourself blue in the face just to find he’s still going to insist on his way.
I would make him stick with the big bulky one you warned him against and keep the convenient infant one in your car. If he insists, don’t trade out. Then when she outgrows the one you like, pick out another you like. Stick to your guns and make him live with the one he insisted on.

1 Like

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay268.pages.dev/

1 Like

Its a big pain in a but to take it in n out , i agree with u , specialy wen u anchor it ther
The baby one sooo easier to take out then a 3 in 1

And not to froget its like 2x the waight then a baby seat

To take the convertible out you just need to unbuckle it so yes it’s easy to do but not typically ideal since it’s more difficult to get buckled back in.

It honestly depends on the car seat. My grandson has a evenflo revolve 360. There is no way we are taking that thing out and putting it back in. I would personally purchase a lightweight car seat for the sitters house.

It’s a car seat not rocket science :rofl:

2 Likes

You aren’t right tho.

It’s a car seat, swapping isn’t hard.

Just buy 2, convertible car seats are removable but they get annoying to put in and out over time and it’ll wear on the straps the more often you do it. No matter what you’ll need a new seat by the time baby maxes out the infant on height or weight

2 Likes

I would just get two car seats. One for both cars. That’s what single parents that coparent do.

1 Like

l Get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16972 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarnetcash72.pages.dev/

1 Like

Is the issue that he doesnt want to pay for a second one for his car, or that he cant have it in his work vehicle all day and has to take it out anyway and leave it at the sitter?

I’m glad this is your only issue….

2 Likes

They’re not that hard to take out and put in but it’s difficult enough that I’d say just buy two. The safety first grow and go isn’t too expensive and it’s a three in one. You’ll never need another unless you’re in an accident.

Car seats are a pain in the ass and intimidating at first.
I never thought I’d be able to move a car seat base into another car but it’s actually surprisingly simple.

I 100% agree with the woman above about inconveniencing him.

Put yours in and be a perfectionist.
It will only take one time of you holding him up and messing with the car seat for him to get impatient.

I’d tell him if he doesn’t like it get his own but until then this is how its going to be.

My daughter has an extra she puts in my car when needed. It can be done but it’s a pain if you would do it everyday

Some are cumbersome and heavy to take in and out…and to get them nice and tight (which you want for safety) can be a little work….we don’t regularly remove those…

They do however have cheaper lighter ones for travel which are easier to put in and remove. We had one of these for that purpose or if we needed one for a relative’s car that we are not typically in…check out the cosco scenera for this purpose….not as fancy and probably not as comfortable as our regular ones but does the job and safe.

It’s annoying to do but yes he’s right. If you don’t want to be hassled by it by two car seats.

1 Like

Convertible car seats need to stay in the car. The installation of the car seat is more important than the car seat itself. If it’s not installed correctly it’s not going to protect her. If you’re constantly taking it out of the car & reinstalling it it’s going to be harmful. Get it installed by a professional. Sometimes fire stations do this for free. If the babysitter needs a car seat get them 1.

4 Likes

Everyone saying “Just swap them it’s not a big deal”…actually it is.

Those seats are meant to be anchored and STAY after installation. Constantly removing the seat and replacing is NOT SAFE. You’re literally messing with the integrity of the seat every time you mess with it.

So yes, the MOTHER was right…the seat cant just be removed like the infant seat. The seat should be properly installed, LEFT THERE, and at the very least checked by the local FD.

Guarantee most have never even read the safety information on these seats and just wing it with their child’s safety :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Buy 2 car seats. They are a pain to get in and out

3 Likes

It can be done, but it can be time consuming on the install end- so really just personal preference on ease of access.

We had the same issue when purchasing a new seat when our son was about to outgrow his infant seat. We figured he would be in the next one for a few years so it made sense to purchase 2 of them, one for each car. That way we didn’t have to take it out everyday. It can be done but it’s not easy…they are pretty heavy too. I just recommend getting 2 because you’ll be using it for the next 4 years or so anyway. At least, we did.

2 Likes

Yes your husband is right you can take the convertible out. However it’s not as simple as an infant seat. So it’s best to have a seat for each vehicle.

Better to just buy 2 of the convertible ones because they will
Be in them for awhile!

1 Like

So yes u can buy convertible seats that go in and out like the infant seat…however they are so unbelieveable expensive it’s not feasible for regular working class people. I’m talk 1000’s of dollars. It sounds like 2 seats would be kind of helpful however its still gonna be a pain in the butt to remove the regular seat and put it back.

It’s possible yes. Ideal? No not at all. The convertible car seats are big and heavy. Technically you can move it every day but it’s going to become a pain in the ass. Let him learn how inconvenient it is to have to switch the seat a hundred times and he will understand

I wouldn’t stress too much over getting the convertible one just yet. But if you guys do go that route, I’d definitely say leave the infamt car seat in hubby’s car until baby is older/a little easier to just take in and out of the car seat Xx

l Get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12596 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay318.pages.dev/

Infant seats are way easier to get in and out of the car. I would buy 2 seats. One for each car. Problem solved

My boyfriend and I have 2 car seats for both cars. Only come out if absolutely needs to. Probably make your life easier to just get a second one.

4 Likes

it was not complaining about the extra work why worry

1 Like

Get two seats. And get a grow with me style so you don’t have to purchase another after. They don’t come out like an infant seat. You will have to hook it in every single time.

1 Like

We took our convertible one out many times.

1 Like

Just wait till your infant reaches that weight before changing most car seats have a button it’s usually covered by the padding where you baby’s feet rest and it loosens the straps and gets longer.

2 Likes

Convertible car seats are not meant to be taken out each time the child leaves the vehicle. I mean, you can… but it’s such a hassle to reinstall, you have to be :100: with installing each and everytime.

6 Likes

I was told that every archievement begins with a decision to try, ignorance destroy so many opportunities, I’m a victim but I was convinced by the right person thanks to you Mrs Lisa jennifer