Am I wrong to be upset that no one helps around the house?

Am I in the wrong for getting upset at the fact that no one helps my husband and I around the house? Granted we live at my grandmas house and pay all of the bills, and I buy ALL of the food, no one can help vacuum do dishes you name it. There’s mold growing in my moms bathroom that I have to keep cleaning because my daughters go into her room. My mom has an injured back. So i can understand not vacuuming but they’re both so self entitled and honestly im fed up. My hubby and I both work full time and then are expected to come home and clean in order to even cook. What can I do, should I do? Can I do anything?

46 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I wrong to be upset that no one helps around the house?

What a crap situation. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. You’re absolutely entitled to feel the way you do.

1 Like

Moving out is the best option I see.

2 Likes

Move out, you both work and pay the Bill’s move out and let them get home health from the state.

3 Likes

Move out? Sounds like they are older and need help. Perhaps hire a cleaning service to come in to deep clean a couple times a month.

3 Likes

Move. Let them live in their own filth

3 Likes

How old are your daughters and how many? Take away electronics til chores are done.

1 Like

Imagine how your grandparents felt raising their kids, working full time and doing house work without any help. I mean, have a discussion with them. Maybe set up a chore chart for everyone and their responsibilities and go from there. Explain how exhausting it is and that you’d really appreciate some assistance.

2 Likes

Sounds like your mom needs your help, maybe grandma does too? Give you daughters daily chores,tell them to get used to it because this is life.

4 Likes

Dang sounds like they are older and need help. Move if you are fed up. Imagine your kids acting like this when you’re old and fragile.

8 Likes

move out and tell everyone that wants to live in filth to stay there

3 Likes

Move into your own place!

2 Likes

You can move out. I wouldn’t mind cooking and cleaning but I’m not paying all the bills, cooking, cleaning and buying all the food. They can pull their own or you can leave.

6 Likes

I would make plans to move. Grandparents should start looking into assisted living facility or senior’s apartments. Mom should probably look into a senior’s apartment as well. Once you have your own place, tell daughters to get busy and help. They live there and contribute to the mess, they can help clean up.

1 Like

Someone hire a cleaning service once a month.

1 Like

Sounds like maybe you should move out?? I mean that or hire a maid.

2 Likes

It’s ur turn to take care of ur mom/grandma
Put ur kids in check
My kids will be 10,13 and oldest just turned 20 they can feed themselves clean up after themselves there’s days I can’t even get out of bed
Baby daddy does come home from work cooks and clean puts them in check
If I was  capable my mom wouldn’t have to worry about nothing but that’s just me
Talk to ur mom and grandma give ur kids rules if u still feel they taking advantage of u then just move out or leave for a lil bit see how they do without u hopefully it opens thier eyes

1 Like

You can apply for in hime care for your mom and grandma

1 Like

Do you ask for help. Or wait for people to offer?

Move out. Then they’ll understand they took you for granted.

3 Likes

Establish some standards and stop enabling them

2 Likes

We need more info. Who all lives in this house and what ages?
But, when we lived with my grandmother (we were building a house) we paid for everything, I cooked, cleaned, and did all the yard work and worked full time. I looked at it as: we are an inconvenience to them and they are doing us a favor. And also, the younger generation should always take care of the older generation. JMO.

9 Likes

Oh yes !!! Move to your place

1 Like

People only get away with what you let them get away with. Set up a cleaning schedule with everyone that’s capable of doing the chores. Those that don’t want to clean must pay those that do the cleaning. $25.00 is the going rate.

5 Likes

This makes no sense, who do you think should help, who else lives in the house?

Get your own place. That’s probably the easiest way to remedy the situation.

4 Likes

Maybe u allowed it 2 be that way for 2 long so they feel like they don’t have 2 help ?

What you could do is become the adult that you are and get your own house and then you won’t have the problem of having to clean up after other adults.

7 Likes

Move out on your own. That’s their house regardless honestly

2 Likes

Move… get you own place. Then you’ll only have to clean up behind yourselves.

2 Likes

Are you living there to help your mother ? How old are the others In the house ? Your children?

Why not get your own place if you and your husband both work full time and plus have a child it’s time to stand on your own two feet.

4 Likes

Family meeting time!!!

2 Likes

I feel ya no matter what you do you daughters aren’t helping!!! I go through this kids feel untitled and disrespectful- i have to really be hard on my kid since you can’t use the belt and now I just have to take things away - I had to a chore list with a debit card prepaid with my kid it’s hard I feel like I repeat myself 10 times till my own ears ring to get that kid to do things at time! They should help! Especially cuz no matter where you are your raising them where ever you are paying for their food and food over there head and that water they need to shower or drink!! Stay strong I’m happy to hear your raising a family and helping your grandma! Hope people start helping out more glad your grandma has you.

3 Likes

I had this problem, I moved out as soon as I could and my dad apologized for taking advantage of the fact that I was the only one cleaning

1 Like

Your kids aren’t helping either but you expect your elderly grandparents and parents to do the housework ? Wow ! You should be ashamed. They let you live there and you would have to clean cook and pay bills in your own place too

2 Likes

find somewhere else to live - let them live in squalour if thats what they want all the time you do it they’ll let you

2 Likes

My 4 year old has been cleaning for at least a year. Gotta start them early!! Don’t take no for an answer!!

4 Likes

Their house…their rules.

Move out or hire a weekly cleaning service.

Perhaps they would be willing to split the cost 4 ways.

4 Likes

Move out get a home of your own…simple why is this even a question to this post…surely makes perfect sence doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Yeah give your daughters chore duties easy as that.

3 Likes

No it’s not that easy I would say move out maybe take your mom with you trust me I know I have a child just like that only now she’s not a child she’s an adult and I am ill so I have to deal take care of it now don’t live the way I have to

These days teens are only good at sitting on their ahole.ive witness plenty.and I’m talking 18 plus yrs old.c
ant,cook.wash dishes,make their bed.wash their poo hole etc.useless pack of NO hopers.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Should have started training them from the bebinning

Are you living there to help them out or to help yourselves out? Are they watching your girls while you are working? You already said your mama has back issues and, believe me, that makes it hard to do anything. How old is your grandma…not that it matters, she’s your grandma and probably took care of you at some point. Also, are you cleaning up after your mom & grandma or your girls? You will need help one day so take care if your mom & grandma, without complaining, and set an example for your girls.

5 Likes

If you pay all the bills, get your own place :woman_shrugging:

Move or stop being a maid

How old are your daughters? If they are of age. Not helping or working. Why did you allow this behavior. You raise a child to be independent as an adult. Then they get out and know how to care for themselves.

1 Like

Is your grandma there?
If get her to tell your mother and daughter to help ir get out.

There’s apparently a simply remedy to clean the mould off.
Put vinegar and Clove oil in a spray bottle. Spray the area and clean off.
Keep bathroom ventilated and/or exhaust fan on when showering

Change internet password so they can’t use that, tell them they have to contribute to bills or they move out.
Could always make them pay for a cleaner
Also, how old is your daughter?
If you pay for things for her, eg phone… stop!!
If she doesn’t want to help, take the charger so when it’s flat, it’s flat.

House isn’t clean then they can go to bed hungry or take away all their devices and no tv until they start helping out

2 Likes

Get your own place and then make the kids help keep it clean

U and your husband can get your own place. Your living in other peoples home. Your argument will never be valid. I’m so sorry. But it’s the truth. A peace of mind over everything. Get yur own place

2 Likes

Move it’s a good concept

Has to be dawn dish soap and this works on mold

Did I read this right? You understand that your mom can’t vacuum because of her bad back, but you think she can scrub a shower? Grow up and get your own place. :person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Have a sit at the table talk. Or move

2 Likes

Move out get your own place that will solve a lot of your problems maybe all

1 Like

Move out why is this even a question

1 Like

Get your own place if you have 2 incomes

1 Like

Hire a house cleaner.

1 Like

Those 2 women raised u they cooked and cleaned everything for yrs for u so now u have an old grandma and a mom with a hurt back and ur gonna complain about having to do everything to take care of them…if u ask me ur one ungrateful child grow up take care of the people who took care of u what’s wrong with u!!

Move on, do you honestly think you will be there happy and forever? If your mother and grandmother are disabled they can get help, but not with you and your family there. Sometimes it’s just better for everyone to have their own peace of mind ( home ). Good luck on your future endeavors.

1 Like

Move into your own house and let your mum and grandma figure it out for themselves. Be an adult and communicate your issues. Do nothing but clean up after yourself and kids. Don’t do anything for them. Don’t let them manipulate you. Set some boundaries for yourself.

1 Like