Anyone else deal with this?

Hi has anyone else dealt with addictive amazon etc I’m always buying and returning and “justifying” then returning. I went in a good year spurt of “under control” but 7month pp and since becoming sahm I buy all the time and then return and it’s a noticeable addiction I can’t get under control. Help please.

5 Likes

I mean honestly, I would start with mind set and language used…stop telling yourself you can’t get it under control. Yes you can. 2nd…Highly recommend the book The Power of Habit.

Do like most people do. Put it in your cart don’t buy it and close it out. You’ll the get shopping without the spending. Especially since you already know why you’re buying

See a therapist. What is the trigger for your shopping? Fix that first. In the meantime, get rid of cards & take a break from all screens. Substitute another action when you want to shop: go for a walk, have a cup of tea, do some jumping jacks until you’re tired, ask for a hug (you can even hug yourself) take up knitting, clean up something, whatever, until the urge passes.

Not Amazon but target Pico up I had to delete app and give cards to my husband for a few weeks so no I only buy if necessary like Xmas and birthdays ( we buy groceries and essentials other places)

1 Like

Try deleting the app and take off your cards so it’s harder to buy.

To stop my spending like that, I started becoming really interested in minimalism, and zero waste. Learning what resources goes into making products, shipping them, selling them. I started watching a YouTube channel called the minimal mom, and it made me really think about my mental health and how much all the stuff I have affects it. I feel so much better now that I decluttered. I don’t want to bring all that negative burden back into my life.

2 Likes

I breastfed and I seriously spent all my night time shopping online. Mine wasn’t Amazon it was lularoe. I spent so much money on it.
Have you thought about seeing a therapist?

2 Likes

Get rid of ALL cards - all credit, all Debit, gift cards and any of the middle Man payment options. Go cash only. You can’t shop online with cash only.

uhh well, it’s easy to not spend when you’re broke

2 Likes

Give your husband all the cards and delete them from all your apps so you’re not tempted and if you are you can’t do anything since the cards aren’t saved and not with you. Just put stuff on you’re wish list.

You need to get in with an addiction counselor. They can help you work on your issues that your having that are leading to this.

You might have post partum depression, see your dr

I’m an online seller for a living (eBay) and I think you’re absolutely disgusting. You do realize that there are independent sellers on Amazon and you’re messing with people’s income and families playing your stupid selfish game, right? Your behavior is gross.

1 Like

Start door dashing lol, the shop and deliver feature is what my husband said has helped my needless purchasing, because I can shop for other people all day and use there money.