Anyone else done trying in their relationship?

Anyone else just done trying in their relationship…he says he cares but he never makes an effort and I have told him many times I need actions and not words…I am just over him not checking in on me or my mental health…I dont think we can fix this…thoughts?

19 Likes

Well, I don’t know your situation exactly. But yea, I’m tired of trying but I’m scared to give up too since we have been together for 12 years and married for 7 of those 12. There are some things serious issues that he clearly will never try to change and I’m just over it. I want more, I want better.

1 Like

I have learnt man are different to us when showing their feelings they are wired differently than us it’s hard but try and talk to him about it don’t just give up without fighting for what you want first some man are just not emotionaly like we are and show things in different ways

1 Like

Try marriage counseling first. You may just have different love languages and you each need a translator. You can’t hint with men, you have to be blunt and very specific. Once you have been through several months of counseling you will see if things are able to change for you both or not. Also you can’t expect just one person to meet all your needs. Spend time with friends, hobbies, learning new things. And don’t forget to have date nights.

2 Likes

You can’t just be done trying in a relationship. A real relationship gets through these things. This isn’t something to throw away your relationship over.

2 Likes

If you don’t look after your mental health no one else will. You need to do what is best for you before you completely resent him. Good luck

1 Like

That’s abit hard to answer as we don’t know the situation of your relationship and what your expecting you’re husband/partner to do

5 Likes

I’m in the same situation, it’s exhausting honestly so I just stop trying honestly… It’s a messed up feeling :cry:

Remember those vows you took? This is a time of “for worse” . You can certainly get through this

3 Likes

Me, I’m done we’re basically just room mates at this point :woman_shrugging:t2:

It’s not your partners job to look after your mental health, I know that’s sad to say but it’s the truth. If your mental health is suffering than it’s time to get real professional help, there’s nothing ur significant other can do to “cure” that for you. My dad once told us girls you CAN NOT love someone else if you don’t love yourself and you don’t know who you are. And that holds truth. U have to better urself to better the relationship and if your the only one putting in that work and effort maybe it’s time to walk away. With that being said if both parties want the relationship then both parties will work hard to keep that. Relationships don’t last a life time because things fail and it just continues to work. They continue because BOTH parties need to make an effort.

1 Like

Do we have the same husband? Sorry girl. I’m in that spot too.