Anyone else have a child that is not fearful of gettin hurt?

My 7 month old daughter is on the move constantly, some days it is hard keeping up with her. But now she likes pulling herself up on things and letting go and finds it funny that she falls. And her new thing is crawling off my bed (it’s just the box spring and mattress so isn’t a far fall). We bed share and the only way I can get her to sleep is while nursing her. I know explaining to her not to do this isn’t something you can do for a 7 month old cause they wouldn’t understand. I’ve ordered bed railings to put on to hopefully keep her on the bed. Please tell me I’m not alone. Has anyone else had a baby who isn’t fearful of getting hurt? I don’t know what to do, I am scared she’s actually going to get hurt one of these times. She’s on the go so much that if I know I can’t give her my full attention I have to put her in something to hold her and that just pisses her off and she just screams. I feel bad cause I am going into sensory overload and can’t get anything done around the house or give my older three boys attention because she either is screaming cause she can’t go and do what she wants or she’s everywhere and I’m chasing after her so she doesn’t get hurt. This all happened in a matter of weeks, any advice? Please and thank you!

40 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone else have a child that is not fearful of gettin hurt? - Mamas Uncut

You need to draw boundaries with this baby NOW. Start saying NO. Buy a crib.

3 Likes

She don’t know fear she is too young she will learn what scares her just make sure she is okay but she is going to do what she wants bc she is learning new things

Sometimes the only way to stop them is let them get hurt

This is normal for a bub. They are all about exploring and trying things. She will learn that things hurt and will try to avoid them.

A pack and play/travel cot

1 Like

Didn’t read past the first sentence. She’s too young to comprehend fear. I thought that was common sense.

7 Likes

Place her either in a play pen or walker so she can’t do those things while you can’t watch her and yes bed rails is a must

2 Likes

you should be able to put her down at times , time to break the habit of her being glued to you 24 7, and get her a crib to put her to sleep in to establish good sleep habits

1 Like

Let her scream. It won’t hurt her.

1 Like

Wow! Sounds like a little daredevil! You need to get a crib for her, or a pack-n-play. You have to be able to corral her when you can’t be right with her. I know she’ll get mad and scream, but that’s because she’s used to you chasing her. You’ll have to let her Hillary a bit to get your housework done and pay attention to the other kids. She’ll be ok. She’ll get out soon enough. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

What if you wear her? So you can keep her close and safe and attend to things you need to as well.

Baby locks on everything! I used to occy strap my chairs around the table, so they couldn’t use them as ladders. I had dare Devil twins, always climbing. Drove me crazy.

We even had locks on the fridges as they’d get in there! Always on high alert. Crazy babies!

1 Like

My son was like this at 8 months old we was down ane cuz he pulled the bench over on 2 he toe and was bleeding everywhere nothing fased him he was climbing over stairgates b4 he cud even walk he was in 2 everything. My house was distroyed i was behind him every second of every day. ⟟ have 4 children b4 him who didn’t get my attention because i was behind him all the time. I was tired very tired. No matter what I tried to control him nothing worked. By the time he was 3 Omg I was at the end of the will 2 live my other kids were suffering because of one child and then one day he woke up and i was waiting for another long as day him distroying everything and trying to stop him from killing himself and it was a amazing day and it’s got better and better he’s 4 now and all the hard work as paid off. It’s hard now mummy but I promise it will get better and wen it comes to an end yes u will b relieved but u will honestly not no what 2 do with ur time my boy is amazing in every way and although ot was hard so very hard and soul distroying it will be worth it in the end just keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel cuz u will get there x

4 Likes

If she screams let her scream. Maybe if you need to do something don’t keep her in the same area as you. Where you can still see her but not right on top of you. Kids will get hurt and test boundaries.

2 Likes

She’s finding her boundaries. Sometimes you have to let them get hurt. Saving her from herself will just make her do more dangerous things like it’s a game. Some kids are just rough and tumble from the start. And she should be able to understand simple words and sentences even at 7 months.

3 Likes

If you’re reacting to her doing it, she’s going to keep doing it. It’s probably funny for her and a way to get attention. I’d definitely invest in a sleep suit to keep her from crawling off the bed and bed rails are a lifesaver.

1 Like

Create her spaces that are yes spaces. Get to her level and make sure it’s all a yes for her.
Babies don’t have a fear, they just go because they are learning and exploring a new environment.
Baby wearing is a life saver.
She will learn how to get on and off the bed safely.
We do floor beds and they learn how to get off.

When she isn’t in danger danger let her get hurt. It’s part of childhood and it’s how they learn. Protect against serious injury obviously, but otherwise I say let her fuck around and find out. It’s good for them! Like how falling off your bike is often part of learning. It’s the same idea. Don’t let her ride into traffic, but let her fall down a few times!

My son was like that it went away once he got hurt one else or twice never did it again
He learned what was ok and not and I think explaining in single words she would understand like no hurt same phrases :heart:

1 Like

My grandson he’s 13 and 1/2 months old now but ever since he started crawling the boy shows no fear LOL climbing walking not afraid of falling not afraid of anything so he keeps me and his mom on our toes.

At 7 months I don’t think they know fear yet. We learn fear through painful experiences. She’ll learn soon enough the consequences of her recklessness and carelessness. It’s our job as parents to protect them from any serious mishaps.

My grandson he’s 13 and 1/2 months old now but ever since he started crawling the boy shows no fear LOL climbing walking not afraid of falling not afraid of water or anything so far.he keeps me and his mom on our toes. Curiosity is natural and when he does fall down or cry because it happens to hurt we give him some love and get on with it. The house is baby proofed as much as we can baby proof it Lbvs and we just keep an eye on him and go with the flow of his curiosity and try not to show too much fear when he does get hurt so that he doesn’t freak out because we can as adults and parents teach fear without meaning to so we try to not freak out too much LOL good luck it’ll be okay. Bed railing will probably help you keep her in your bed. it did my grandson till he started walking and learned how to climb over things.

Babies are adventurous and curious
They don’t know to be scared as that is learned behavior

2 Likes

You are not alone!! Sadly my son is almost 4 and still hasn’t grown out of it! Tell everyone it’s a full time job to keep him alive daily :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just wait till you walk thur your hallway & my Grandson Stefan Grant who at that time might have been about 7 maybe, he claimbed the wall & was up on ceiling sorta of & scared me to death. the things they get into is unreal.

It’s very common, she is curious, discovering and exploring, try not to be over protecting, she is not going to learn until she gets hurt :rofl:

This is one million percent my child. He can still do things repeatedly (getting hurt and crying every time) get up and do it again… and again… and again…. :sob::woman_facepalming:

Yes then they got hurt pretty bad and it slowed them down just pray :pray:t2::persevere: main it still doesn’t stop just gets better

children are not born with fear It is an acquired knowledge when she get a real owee she will learn. I raised 6

That’s too young to understand fear. It’s normal. She will get it eventually.
Sounds like you have a daredevil like me. My son’s name is Caysen D and we always joke that the “D” stands for “danger”. :sweat_smile: He is wild. He’s been climbing our Pikler since 10 months old and he started climbing on our kitchen island at a little over a year old. I have to crazy safety proof our house and keep a good eye on him.
It will get easier!

Yes my oldest daughter would fall off couches and other things and act like it didn’t hurt at all like she had no pain receptors

Haelve you tried one of the play pens? You could get some soft mats under her and the soft baby/ toddler gym equipment

This is all part of learning. Put something soft around your bed so if she falls she won’t do too much damage to herself. A lot of parents will tell you babies bounce :grimacing: and generally they do, because they will be doing stupid things until they are 18 years old.

3 Likes

That’s my youngest… he’s not quite 2, will climb and grab anything, jump off of things, pull chairs down on himself… it’s hard, but you eventually learn what they are mostly capable of doing safely. I know what he can climb up and down without usually falling. Or how long it takes him to get into trouble so I know I can go to the bathroom quickly. It’s hard, it’ll get harder, but then you’ll have this fearless stubborn aversive little person you get to watch grow :heart:

1 Like

This is why we used to start putting immobile infants in play pens or play yards for short periods, from the very beginning.
Tummy time? In the playpen.
Mom needs to pee? Baby goes in the playpen.
Mommy cooking on the hot stove or ironing? The play pen gets pulled over closer to where your working so you can still be together, but baby is safe. That way they learn to entertain themselves SAFELY, a little at a time.
It might not be too late to introduce one now, but it will take a while for her to get used to it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately she won’t really learn or understand until she gets hurt, hopefully it’s only a little bit. Its hard being on them all the time but at that age you don’t really have an option. I’m a single Mom, I know it’s hard but you got this and will get through it. Maybe put down some foam mats and pillows on the floor just in case

Mine is like this, now that she is 3 she has calmed down a bit. Honestly from 10 month -2 were really bad, i felt it was my full time job to keep her alive lol… she got hurt pretty bad a few times and dodnt slow her down.

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18468 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingpay878.pages.dev/

1 Like

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Elizabeth James, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Elizabeth James company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

1 Like

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 17016 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid314.pages.dev/

I have 3 boys & a baby girl, too! My daughter is 8 months & we do a lot of cosleeping as well… I hate to say she’s fallen from my bed more than once :sob: there’s just very little fear when they’re this little & don’t fully understand danger. I think you’re doing the right thing by getting bed rails & you’re lucky she hasn’t been seriously injured. Babies are learning & sometimes they get hurt; you’re doing a good job, momma!

I have 3 boys & a baby girl, too! My daughter is 8 months & we do a lot of cosleeping as well… I hate to say she’s fallen from my bed more than once :sob: there’s just very little fear when they’re this little & don’t fully understand danger. I think you’re doing the right thing by getting bed rails & you’re lucky she hasn’t been seriously injured. Babies are learning & sometimes they get hurt; you’re doing a good job, momma!

Sounds like a 7mo to me. Your other children didn’t test boundaries like this?