Anyone else realize how lonely you are?

Does anyone ever just sit back and just realize how lonely you are? My life is all about being a mom… I’m a stay at home mom so I’m home almost 24/7 besides going to the grocery store or the doctors for the kids or myself for my own health issues…I have no mom friends or really any friends at all…I’m just a shut in whose only purpose is to be a mom 24/7….Im diagnosed with bipolar, social anxiety and depression and am currently on medication for it but I still have my days like today where I just have too much time to think about things like this…I moved 2 years ago to a new city where I don’t know anyone either so that doesn’t help…I feel just so shut off from everyone…it really really sucks….

11 Likes

I think when I feel this way, I allow myself to feel it and give myself some grace. Then I remind myself I am in the thick of it. They are little, they need so much. But this time will be over before I know it. They will be grown and I will have the time to focus more on myself.
That being said, you have to take care of yourself first, before you can take care of anyone else. If you are really struggling with your mental health, it is okay to need and ask for help.

Find a hobby, club, class or something to do where you’ll get out and make some friends. Or pick a day out the week where partner keeps the kids and you can go out and get a mani/pedi, shop or even just sit and enjoy a coffee and book. And as for making mom friends you can go to a public library, parks, etc. you have to be willing to get out there.

So start taking some time for yourself, find a hobby you enjoy, or go get your hair done or go tan in the tanning bed. Fine things you enjoy in life so you the times you start feeling like that you can go do those things or find something you enjoy doing with your kids outside of the house. I’ve started doing things and I have felt so much better.

See if there is a day care close by(if your family can afford it),take the kids there once a week for a few hours,and have some you time,

Definitely find a hobby you enjoy! I am the same way, SAHM and I watch kids at my house so I can’t even leave if I wanted to ! I live 3 hrs from any of my family and friends so it’s been hard on me being alone all the time but having a hobby really helped me find a purpose over being a mom and pass the time

I understand this and although I don’t have any advice. I want you to know you are not alone. I think about this often. Im just here to be a wife and a mom. Without those titles, i dont know who i am. I was a stay at home mom for about 8 years. I had and still have no mom friends or friends in general. I was a shut in the entire time and I still am. I go to work now though and I come home to be with my family. I don’t go out unless it’s with my husband or my kids. Even then it’s just us, nobody else to even invite. The downside to being this way all this time is now 3 out 4 of my kids enjoy being hermits and have horrible social anxiety. I wish I would’ve made friends and I wish my kids could have had more friends… I am 34 and my kids are 17,16,14, and 5. The only one that doesn’t have social anxiety is my 14 year old. It’s rough having social anxiety and depression. I hope you find a way to feel better about everything. Best of luck

If you feel ready then maybe you could try online dating? Or take up some sort of hobby class if you can get the kids looked after

There are mothers play groups everywhere. Churches have moms groups who meet too