Anyone ever feel alone?

Does anyone ever feel so alone? I truly have 0 friends besides my mom. It gets hard. Sometimes I wish so bad I had a friend just to vent to & them be able to vent to me also. I haven’t had friends since graduating high school. I’m 24 now & it just seems like a life time ago having an actual friend that cares for me & I care for them. How do people make friends?? I work at a place where basically everyone works from home. I go to work & come home to my 3 year old son. Every single day is basically the same for me.

34 Likes

I made friends after my son was old enough to participate in extra circulars. Especially sports. Get your son involved and you’ll meet some other moms. :heart:

2 Likes

My 2 best friends moved away… Im involved at church, but it isn’t the same. I have 2 kids, with a 7 year age gap between… it is hard, but I keep praying for a sister friend…

I know what that’s like, I moved to another country. I have made some friends but they are guys, it’s different. Not the same as having a female friend who understands you. Different cultures and languages also make a difference for me. You are young, perhaps you can join a mom group and make some friends. We’re here if you want to vent :heart:

The older you get the harder it is to want to make time or put effort into relationships. I struggle with the few friends I have to keep in contact and try to stay as connected as possible. I have 2 kids work and my husband works. Its just a lot going on so when i have a moment to do nothing i jaist do nothing lol. Its all a balance. Meet ither moms. Facebook has a few mom pages around my area that helps set up play dates and what not. Just use better judgement.

Very hard to find true friends in this world I know the feeling

1 Like

Me either and I know for me it’s because I trusted the wrong people and now I’m terrified to try and make friends. Definitely gets lonely. I’m thinking of trying Meet Up (for friends not romantic partners lol) - maybe you can connect with others moms and bond over the kiddos! I hope it gets better for you

I urge you to just focus on you and your mom. I lost mine last year and it is the hardest thing. I wish I would have done more and been more to her.

2 Likes

For different reasons I feel alone at times. Husband not a communicater.

Join a church, get involved. You can meet some great people. Join a women’s group at church. You may also find similar people like yourself.

3 Likes

Doesn’t get much better almost 45!

Well vent away here! You’ll make lots of friends
We will listen.

I feel the same way and even my mom doesn’t respond to me

2 Likes

If you ever want someone to talk to you can message me! I’m a stay at home mom tona mine and three year old and have very little friends since stopping work to stay home with my kids.

Where are you located I’m in Wellington if you need a friend I’m always open to making new ones ! :smiling_face: I have kids too! And it’s hard making friends when your an adult ! Pm me if you need!

Is there a way to let moms on here find people in their area?

Do you have a car?

Join groups. Mom groups, religious institution groups, neighborhood groups, RECenter mommy & me exercise classes. I teach dance to 2-7 year olds in 3 separate classes and the moms get to know each other and they live in the area, so it’s easy to get together outside class.

Go to library programs for kids your child’s age & meet people there.

Make friends with older people who would love to have kids around again.

Ask new friends and acquaintances to introduce you to their friends.

I’m same way. I have no friends and I want friends to be able to talk to and complain to and just care about them and them me. I’m no good at making friends message me anytime

Go on play dates… talk to strangers. Friends were all once strangers :laughing:

44, same boat. I’m married but he works away. My kids are older and my 2 friends I’ve managed to make (through my kids) are both moving. I’m super depressed and anxious for what my life will be like when my kids go, cuz I’ll literally have no one but my parents on occasion and my husband on occasion. My best suggestion for your age, is church and kids sports. Once your kids start making friends, you’ll make some too :heart:

2 Likes

Find a local mommy and me club , church groups, library story times.

Bumble has a friend section for other females

I’m in the same boat. However I came to terms that there are not many legit people out there. Once you serve purpose in their life they all abandon you. So I almost prefer to be friendless then have fake in my life.

1 Like

Sometimes is hard to trust… I used to have so many girl friends but after my first baby I learned that some people are not trust worthy… my only true and best friend is my twin sister

Yes and I’m a people person, it’s hard but I’m getting over wanting attention and validation