Anyone have a child that is severly constipated?

anyone else have a child that deals with constipation/uncomfortable hard stools? and/or that has to take Miralax daily?

Constipation is a physical symptom of suppressed emotions. They don’t feel safe to be emotionally expressive. Common when there is an emotionally reactive adult in their lives. Emotional constipation = physical constipation. As within so without. Hope that helps :heart::heart:

1 Like

How much milk are they drinking? My daughter used to have that problem but we cut back on milk and it’s much better now.

Shouldn’t have to do it daily once they get going again. Are they eating enough fiber? Drinking enough water? And not having too much milk?

Fiber one bars are great, You can also make chocolate chip banana bread and use whole wheat flour and add wheat germ and ground flax seed… It’s also very important that children are getting enough water…

My daughter had this issue she drank regular milk. We switched her to soy milk. She was all good

Yes because my son would refuse to use the bathroom at school so he got constipated. He now takes Curtrelles probiotic plus fiber and has not had any issues since.

So my 2 yr old is dealing with constipation. And she was prescribed miralax. And we still struggle but I think it’s on us cuz we gave it to her and stopped after she had pooped. But in reality we’re suppose to keep goin til she goes everyday and it can take a week or so.

Please don’t do miralax. Join Parents Against Miralax Restoralax Movicol (PEG 3350)

Use magnesium