Anyone have their tubes cut right after delivery?

Getting my tubes cut after birthAnyone have their tubes cut right after delivery? Any advice, or what to expect. Good/bad? Any scars? Im due Jan 29. Have made up my mind on done having kids. So decided on this but idk what to expect, im not scared though. So thats good.

6 Likes

I had mine done during my c section. It was the best way to do it for me. My dr tried to talk me out of it even as she was delivering my son. My answer was… I’ve signed the papers…you got me open. Do it. Lol

I had mine done the day after I had my daughter. I have a small scar right underneath my belly button, it’s not bad at all. You can barely see it.

Yep, I had no issues. Right after my second child they did right then and there. Lil pain from them sowing me but it went away after a few days.

I had mine removed with my last csection. I did have some right quadrant pain where I couldn’t stand up straight for about 3 days but I had some extra bleeders they needed to cauterize but other then that, I was back to work 3 weeks later on light duty :blush:

I had mine done shortly after i had my last daughter. Omgosh I can’t remember when exactly. But apparently it wasn’t bad bc I can’t remember it and I had my daughters all natural with no pain meds. Easy peasy

I had mine done 10 years ago. The only issue I had was how bad my periods have gotten. The pain and the flow is so bad that I had to go back on birth control to stop my periods all together. I was on narcotics for a while before the birth control just to be able to work.

I had one tube removed while I was 4 months pregnant because of a cyst the size of a cantaloupe. Then the other removed during the cesarian. No extra pain or anything.

I’m having a c section when this baby is born and I’m getting a tubal ligation so idk what to expect but I’m hoping it goes well

I had a tubal following delivery via c-section. Recovery wasn’t much different from my first 2 c-sections. The years since though, have been one hellscape of a nightmare!

My last child was a c section so I got my tubes tied then. No problems.

Yep. I didn’t notice anymore pain than I had with my first. Had my tubes tied right after the second, home the next day. No regrets.

2 Likes

I did right after my c-section, only thing that was different i was about 10 min longer in teather. Thats it🎈

1 Like

I had mine done 2 days after I gave birth that was 30years+ago best thing I had done I have 3 girls . My mum had 11 children and I didn’t want to be like her .

If you have a section they do.it right after but natural birth they do not here. Id say you need 3 days to recover exclude sweeping in those days as well

Had csection with my last and had them tied then…no difference

I just had mine done last week at 3 months pp. I didn’t have a c section.

I had mine done the next day it was worse than giving birth

Had my tubes tied 8 weeks after I had my son 4.5 yrs ago it wasn’t bad… the only thing was my periods were bad for couple days is all… march 2023 I had partially hysterectomy so we’re all good here

I had my tubes tied the morning after having my daughter. I was kinda sore for a few days. Now I get really heavy periods and horrible cramps. The initial surgery wasn’t bad though. I was able to get up and walk around roughly 2 hours after having it

1 Like

I did mine with a c-section. I felt nothing different then my first c-section pain and recovery were the same.

I did mine in conjunction with C-section. In conjunction with delivery would mean one 6 week recovery time instead of 2, 6 week recoveries.

3 Likes

I had mine done right after my second kid and it was seriously super fast and not an issue. Barely a scar since they go in through your belly button basically. Up and walking after they put me in my room cause I had to go to the bathroom so maybe rest time 15 minutes or so.

I waited until my 3 month pp bec I didn’t have a c section, I was to have them done after I gave birth but refused to have an epidural because I had all my children naturally. I definitely believe it’s how high your pain tolerance is, they prescribed me Percocet which I didn’t take and I chose to take Tylenol instead for the pain. As a single mom of five, I had to push myself to get well so I was up walking and by day three I was good. Again I definitely believe it’s the pain tolerance, how you give birth, and that every mom is different in the healing process.

Reading this comments .did any of ye have a heavy circles before this got done just a question

I got mine done right after. I had an epidural for birth and then they gave me another epidural dose for surgery because I wanted to be awake for it. I watched the whole thing like I was on an episode of greys anatomy haha. I also had a growth thing taken off my arm and was restiched. It was awesome. My husband blew his lower disc out in his back the day I went into labor. I was in the hospital by myself. I was home within 24 hours and took care of a newborn and a broken husband that was floor bound for 20 days. It was rough to say the least. I made it through though. I also went back to work part time 2 weeks after birth. The tubes getting tied and having a baby was the easy part lol.

Are you having a vaginal
birth ?

I had a scheduled cesarean and from the beginning planned on having my tubes removed… no issues.

Had mine done the morning after giving birth at midnight. I was awake. Done through belly button. No scar, best decision ever. A few weeks of recovery after.

If u having it done with a c section have they told u the chances of it not working xx i had 2cm of tube taken out during mine and still got pregnant xx