Anyone here elope?

Can I hear yalls elopement stories? Who was present? Whether it was a good idea or not? Why did you ultimately choose to elope?

2 Likes

I got married in a court house and went to Olive Garden for dinner after. I’ve been married 27 years.

I got married in the court house my mom and step mom were there for witness

The expense was part of it and it was so stressful so we called our pastor and told him we want to get married asap. He said Tuesday was available so we went to church on that day and he married us and we went to a local restaurant for pie and coffee afterwards with our pastor and the witnesses he had invited. It was so fun! :star_struck: we chose to wear fun non traditional wedding clothes.

I regret not having a wedding, even a small one and just having something that felt special would have been nice.

Just husband and I at the court house. Good idea. Saved money and it was ultimately just about us.

Married in 1993 in the preachers living room with his wife as a witness. Still married 30 years later. It’s not the size of the wedding but the size of the commitment.

We did a courthouse wedding, his parents and my dad were there as witnesses then we went out for Mexican food after. Best decision we made and April will be our 1 year anniversary :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We plan on doing a handfasting ceremony at a future date for close family and friends.

This is just a sweet , true story . My grandparents rode the train from Russellville , Al . To Birmingham, Alabama many years ago and eloped . He was 21 and she was 14 . Her mom wouldn’t allow them to marry so my great aunt told them if they came to Birmingham she would sign for them to marry . They did and were married 67 years at the time of my grandmothers death . They have been gone a long time now . Oh how I miss them ! Thanks for allowing me to share their love story - married February 15, 1932 . And when did I marry ? Of course on February 15 , 2016 !

Met my husband in February and we got married that April. Only had 2 friends as witnesses. Later we did a big reception with family. This April will be 13 years together.