Anyone lived in an RV?

Have any of you bought a rv to live in? My husband is a retired veteran and he has a lot of health issues he wants to travel and live in the rv for at least a years to have good memories before he can’t do it anymore… anyway we looked at a few started the application process they want us to give a down payment now the sales person say they won’t cash the check in they just want to show the bank we are serious about this… has anyone else been asked to do the same I have never bought a car from a dealership so I’m new and have no idea if its normal but it just didn’t settle in wright to give 6k before the process is even done

9 Likes

Do it & travel with your family

2 Likes

What if you don’t find the right RV?

We lived in an RV with 2 kids,2 dogs,2 cats.I would give up a house to live in one again.

2 Likes

That’s common but make certain it’s the one you want as it may not be refundable. It is a buyer’s market so flex your muscles and do it on your terms.

2 Likes

You give the deposit when you think you’ve found it. If you change your mind
the deposit comes back.

We don’t travel but love our 5th whl - thurs to mon. Rest of the wk backcto big home and lot… I would give up the home in a minute

1 Like

We traveled the Polka Fest. Would be gone for 5 weeks at a time. Had 36’ 5th Wheel. Had all t he amenities. Parked at park that had water, sewer & electricity to do laundry between
Fests. Loved it. Also lived in for 6 weeks when we sold our house. Had no where to go, so Had to do that. No problem. Planned on traveling but then great grand kids started
coming. Couldn’t leave then.

Be careful what you are looking at. The newer ones since covid seem to have issues from what I have seen and heard.

4 Likes

I was a loan officer all they have to do is Wright the down payment you plan to give DIRECTLY TO THE DEALER into the purchase order that amount is taken off of the financed price when doing the loan and looking at payments. only reason the dealer should need a check in hand is if the item is hot and you placed a deposit to hold it so its not sold while the loan is processing.

4 Likes

They’re not going to give it back. They’re trying to force you to commit with money to hold it and keep it if you change your mind. RUN

13 Likes

I wouldn’t give a deposit until you know for sure what you’re getting and 100% positive. I’ve bought a few brand new vehicles and only had to give them a check when we were signing paperwork and it was a done deal. That doesn’t seem right to me personally.

8 Likes

Do not buy anything after a 2020 , during covid the rushed through the plants to get them out there because campers were so hot of an item. I know a lot of people who bought 2021 and have horrible issues. So stick under 2021.

1 Like

We had to give a 500 deposit before they would start contacting lenders

Get in touch with Angela O. Austin today, she made trading easy for everyone

Have been full timer since 2006. Camped in 49 of the 50 states. Love the lifestyle Have purchased 2 high end > $100,000 a piece. Never asked to make a deposit. Find a new dealer

5 Likes

There are a lot of used RV’s on Facebook marketplace for sale, if you would liked a used one.