Anyone pregnant and deal with high blood pressure?

Anyone been diagnosed with high blood pressure around 31 weeks pregnant? My blood pressure went from 111/72 to 136/82 in a 3 week period. My OB didn’t seem concerned but said I will more than likely deliver at 37 weeks now. I’m reading this is the “silent killer” I have a head ache and now I’m feeling anxious it’s due to blood pressure getting higher. Any thoughts or suggestions? Similar situations?

2 Likes

I ended up delivering at 36 weeks with mine and he’s now two months old and doing perfectly fine, it is a bit scary, I won’t lie to you, but it’s manageable and the babies are perfectly developed by that point in time minus a few pounds of weight.
The worst part of blood pressure births is the chance of having to have a magnesium drip which can make you feel “high” or “loopy” for 24 ish hours after birth.
Try to decrease salt intake and I know it’s hard but tell yourself you’re okay and keep yourself calm as much as possible because both of those things do affect your blood pressure.
I was also told that elevating my feet above my heart would help regulate it as well.

That’s dangerous
It sounds like pre-eclampsia you need to see another doctor. Could you maybe check in emergency with headache and high BP ? They wouldn’t let me leave the hospital when I went for a random check up as the high blood pressure needed to be maintained. They gave me medication to lower it until I gave birth.

1 Like

I was induced with my first child at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia. Had headaches and was so swollen towards the end of pregnancy. My high blood pressure went away after I gave birth and ended up losing 14 pounds of fluid in less than a week (super swollen). I’m currently 37 weeks with my second child and my blood pressure has stayed down. I’ve been taking a low-dose aspirin since 12 weeks due to a history of high blood pressure, and so far so good. Scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks.

Mines been around that so I’m a little worried about myself. Worried about stress I’m going through and a potential early labor. Hopefully after 36 weeks at least but as long as possible. Get a second opinion from another doctor and do your own reliable research about if it’s normal for it to raise or drop like that. Best wishes.

Mine was higher and I carried until 42 weeks. Dr was not the smartest and I had the worst headaches hot flashes and swollen feet

I was diagnosed of ADHD, Autism, fibromyalgia, PTSD, anxiety and depression, I find it hard to retain stuffs, hard to understand, most times feel clumsy, but ever since I tried Dr lakumbi herbal remedies, I’ve been feeling productive like never before, more positive minded and immensely focused. I’m still trying to wrap my head around what it’s done for me in this short time…
Visit his Facebook page and be cured