Anyone pregnant/breastfeeding take zoloft?

any pregnant breastfeeding momma’s use Zoloft?? I got a prescription for the lowest dosage (25mg) and I’m curious how it affected you. any info is greatly appreciated!!

3 Likes

I take it!! It works wonders for me!! It always has, though. Doesn’t mean it will be the same for you. You’ll have to try and see. If not, ask for something different that’s also safe while breastfeeding :heart:

Yep for all three pregnancies and year + breastfeeding. Better to take it than to get off of it when pregnant

I’ve taken all threw out my pregnancy, as I couldn’t get by without it! I just keep saying Healthy mummy helps with healthy baby! Do what’s best for you! Follow your heart xo

Yep! Breastfed a full year on 50mg Zoloft and 150mg Wellbutrin!

Both with both kids no adversity

I did it after being diagnosed with ppd.
No issues on either side.

While pregnant I was on 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. Baby boy is 3 weeks old now and no issues.

I took lexapro on the highest dose their is. Trying to switch to something else during pregnancy made it worse. I was under my OB’s order of it tho & we watched closely.

I was on it while pregnant and breastfeeding. My daughter had to go to the NICU and the doctors didn’t know what was going on with her so they blamed my medication and said she was having withdrawals. It was not my medication she ended up having a heart condition. Don’t let them scare you. My Obgyn said she wouldn’t have prescribed it to me if were to have any affect on my baby. If I didn’t have it I probably wouldn’t have made it through my pregnancy.

I was on citalopram while pregnant. I do not believe there were any negative effects. The baby does get little tremors after birth for a couple days. Otherwise no long term issues. I was also sent for a baby heart echo while pregnant just to get a good look at the heart

Honestly though it can cause oversupply with breastfeeding for some women :joy: it totally did to me I could pump almost 18 oz each time I pumped, it was extreme in my case, so I fed multiple babies I donated the extras to the adoptive families whose babies’ birthmoms took Zoloft in the pregnancy so nothing got wasted but no one really talks about the oversupply lol so just be aware it can happen and it doesn’t have to be a negative thing. Again, my kids are both older now no adversity or issues with growth or milestones nothing :heartpulse:

1 Like