Anyones child complain of foot pain?

Has anybody have their child complain about foot pain like almost every day at random times of the day? I took her to her doctor a few months ago about it and she did some X-rays and she saw nothing on them. She felt her foot and didn’t notice anything abnormal. Could it be growing pains? She complains about the top of her foot and the bottom arch of her foot. She will wake up crying from it sometimes too. I don’t know if I should get a second opinion.

6 Likes

Sounds like something I had growing up. Definitely get a second opinion!! It could be a number of things!

Yes my little one had several Dr visits about this. A good pair of shoes and inserts fixed the issue for him.

Get sugars checked and vitamins checked. Magnesium and potassium deficiency can both lead to pains like this.

Yes my son! After years of doctors visits finally found the reason. Surgery on both feet helped for years. Pain is starting to come back after 8 years so we are taking him to be seen again soon.

My Son Was Diagnosed With “Severs Disease” It Pretty Normal In Active Kids And Typically Goes Away Eventually…Calf Stretching Is Good For Them And They Reccomend Putting Shoe Inserts In Their Shoes. Google It.

I would get a second opinion but it could also be as simple as the wrong type of shoes.

1 Like

Yes, my son… feet & knee pain. Been to Dr.s, chiropractor

My son too. He’s 10. Growing pains. When my 45 year old son was little, same thing.

Plantar fascitis could be the root of the pain in bottom of foot. Not wearing a good pair of shoes can make that pain worse.

2 Likes

I had severe foot pain as a child and they could never give my mom a reason. As an adult I now know it’s bc I do not have an arch and wearing shoes that have an arch make my feet hurt terribly and sometimes it lasts for days. Most children’s shoes have a pretty big arch in them. My feet are also wide most children’s shoes are narrow

I get sore feet always have done and still do now at 27 mine js due to flat feet though

1 Like

Yes my 3year old daughter she complain every day growing pains some parents say it’s normal also my daughter loves to jump around she is Iike a boy makes splits aswell when she goes to bathroom she always run

Prayers for her daughter Amene

It could be no arch. Get some arches for in shoes. My 2nd had bad pains used memory foam Insoles it eased it but was put down to growing pains

I would ask for a referral to a Pediatrist (foot dr) for the pain to wake a child up crying there is more to this. GOOD LUCK. HUGS

1 Like

Our GP told us there is no such thing as growing pain. Check to see if her feet are flat or if the arches are very high. Both can put a lot of strain on the feet and cause pain.

I’d get a 2nd opinion. My oldest had similar pains along with leg pain and we assumed growing pains. Well he had a tumor in his bone and has slight scoliosis. 2 drs had said he was fine before one finally caught it

2 Likes

I’d definitely get a second opinion. It’s not normal for growing pains to cause a child to wake up crying.

My grandson had that when he was younger don’t know what caused it

“Goodnight lotion” from Earthley. It has magnesium in it and is a life saver for anytype of cramping/throbbing.

Maybe take her to a podiatrist? It’s possible it has to do with the shape of her feet in terms of the arches or it could be her shoes aren’t supportive enough. But a podiatrist should be able to figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

Does she have high arches? I would wonder if its a shoe issue.

Children shoes do not hhave any support . But i suggest you find a podiatrist. Feet problem can lead to knee, hip and back problems.

1 Like

How is is the kid? Do they participate in athletic activities of any kind?

Neuropathy. It can cause foot pain and it can definitely woke ppl up in pain. Have you had her tested for diabetes that may be undiagnosed or anything like that? Anxiety and stress can also cause neuropathy.

1 Like

Get a 2nd opinion for sure, from a podiatrist.

Maybe muscle cramping… I’ve woke up almost in tears from my foot cramped so bad. And then it soon passes

My daughter is 17 and they she had that problem they said she has planter fasciitas