Anyones daughter get emotional once a month?

So I am curious. Has anyone ones daughter became very emotional every month once a month before they actually started their periods for the first time? My daughter is 8 years old and she seems to becoming emotional once a month. She can’t tell me why she is crying or why she is upset. And she is like this today and the last time it happened was right before Halloween. And it’s been like this for the last few months so it’s about every 28 days.

25 Likes

My daughters did and so did I.

We have been dealing with this for the last yearish.

My 10 year old just started her period earlier this month!

I was 8 when I started my period. That’s likely what is going on. It’s coming.

Totally normal. My daughter started to get moody and emotional around that age. She’s almost 16 now. I can track her cycle better than she can, solely based on her attitude.

Yep. My daughter was like this a whole 2 years before her period started.

My almost 8 year old is emotional for about a week once a month… But it’s usually the same week I’m dealing with my PMS and my period

Yes mine started where I noticed about a year before she started. And if I render my preteen days correctly I did too.

I started at 9. But my daughter is 7 and there is definitely a week of the month she is extra emotional, and her armpits get stinky when she gets sweaty already.

It’s definitely hormones. Have females in my family start as early as 8 and as late as 16.

Yep hormones are crazy at that age my youngest went through the hormonal roller coaster for 2yrs before starting her period

Mine gets emotional every month before she starts and wants pickles and cherries

Yes, that did happen. It helped my daughter very much when I explained to her why she is probably so emotional. I think she was a little scared, because she didn’t understand why she was sad and crying. Once I explained hormone surge and that this will probably happen every month. Don’t be afraid if you wipe and see blood. It’s a normal thing ladies go through. Then I paid close attention and would start the conversation when it happened again. Best of luck momma.

Yes it’s normal. My child does this. She started doing this at age 8. At age 11 she started her period. Welcome to puberty.

I say she’s going to be starting her period. I started mine when I was 9. My daughter did when she was 10 .

1 Like

Sounds pretty normal x check with GP X shame bless her , so young .Just got to prepare for life so she doesn’t get worried :blush:

My daughter started her period at 10. She started getting the symptoms a year prior.

Menstrual cycle. And the moon cycle. Both make you emotional

1 Like

Hormones…
My daughter started her period month after 10th birthday.

I would say she is about to start her period.

2 Likes

Period coming soon… I was only 9 so it’s possible

1 Like

Start prepping for “her friend”

It’s hormones… I was 9 or 10 when I first got my period and 20 years later I still get incredibly emotional/angry for 1 week a month… it sucks but I call it shark week lol

It starts with acne, then stomach pain and emotional stress. My daughter is 10, she started last month but before she did, the past 6 months she has had stomach pain while i was on mine. Then we both started on the same day

2 Likes

8yrs is when hormones begin approximately…its normal :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:100: hormones and normal. Help her understand her feelings and why it’s happening.

Yes, my daughter was like this for 2 years before her period started

Get her some vitamins eat more green vegetables to get vitamins to balance her hormones

This makes my stomach hurt. My youngest baby is 9 and I just want her to be a baby.

8 Likes

Iam 47 I used to do that before I started.now it’s not so bad.i take a over the counter med from walmart.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I started my cycle at 9.

I would try to do somatic experiences with her where your body and mind connect and it helps regulate your nervous system. Kids can have anxiety. They are whole people just like us.

1 Like

She may be pms’ing girls can start their menstrual cycles pretty early in age i would take her to get checked out.

1 Like

So speaking from experience it seems like she may be about to start her menstrual :smiling_face: Speaking from experience I was the exact same way

2 Likes

Hormones. That’s abt when my daughters started being noticeable. Around 10-12, whew…she was rough. She’s evened out know and almost 14.
You can talk to her Dr about a hormone check. It could be early puberty.
I taught mine to yell me she felt off. We’d have a movie night, candy run, dance off, music night, reading, game time, etc. We do something to help relax us or burn excess energy. Nobody helped me figure it out. I won’t make her figure it out alone.

Could be a hormone imbalance. She needs checked out by an OB if possible. Blood clots, cysts, etc are very possible before you start your cycle

2 Likes

Yep. Hormones. Completely normal. My daughter went through the same thing before her actual period started too.

6 Likes

That happens to a lot of adult women also. Puberty is a bitch and yes it can start as early as 8. I was surprised by that age as well but I’ve been told by different pediatrician in different states that it can start as early as 8. 6 kids later I now believe them!

I started my period at 9. Let me tell you, it sucked. All of it. And it still sucks lol

Have her hormone levels checked with her pediatrician. Very likely precocious puberty