Anyone's kids have a speech delay or SPD?

Any moms with kids who are speech delayed and/or has SPD? ( Sensory Processing Disorder )

My son is three years old. He’s speech delayed and has SPD. Lately his eating habits have gotten so bad. His pediatrician isn’t concerned because although he’s skinny ( 32lbs ) he isn’t under weight. Any tips to perhaps getting him to try new things?

Note: I tried smoothies and pediasures and he doesn’t like them. He’s currently on liquid multi vitamins as well.

1 Like

My daughter has a speech delay caused by a chromosome disorder although she has some other issues eating wasn’t one of em. But ur child may be sensitive to touch n textures different foods have different texture some he may not like for that reason or it’s three texture. Keep trying different foods u would eventually find something ur child likes. Just Keep trying consult with ur doctor to

1 Like

He could have a texture preference. See what types of foods he likes and try new ones with the same textures.

2 Likes

Lol good luck. My kid is 11 and only eats about 7 foods

My son was speech delayed and has autism. He is 5 and a very picky eater. Literally anything I make he won’t eat and he’s not under weight either. I don’t have any tips to getting him to try new things as I’m still struggling with that with my son but I just wanted to say I understand what you are dealing with. I would say try and have him make meals with you! It seems when I have my son on occasion help me make something he will eat it.

1 Like

My 1 year old weighs 32 pounds.
Try reading to him