Anyones toddlers bilingual?

Does anyone have bilingual toddlers? I absolutely want to start teaching my son a second language, but not sure what age is the best to start. I know everyone’s different, anyways I was just curious becuse i figured the younger the better

2 Likes

I’m learning Italian atm and trying to teach my 7 year old as well :slight_smile: my niece is 10 and learning it and my sons(12, 13 and 17) are all learning. I know earlier the better so happy they didn’t do what I did and leave it till I’m almost 35 :joy:

My kids are they speak English Filipino and spanish

1 Like

I have 6 kids total ages 2-20 and they are bilingual, Spanish and English. I started both languages since their birth

2 Likes

All my kids are and my grandkids are and I have a grandson who learn a lil Chinese ( he still learning)

My 3 year old is non verbal but understands spanish and english

1 Like

My son is almost trilingual NZSL, English and Te Reo. He’s 2.5

Start with baby sign language baby Einstein videos.

My daughter is bilinigual. We live in México so our first language is spanish but I also taught her english since birth. She stil isn’t 100% fluent but she is getting there.

The younger the better .
I babysit a little since he was two months , he is two years now and he speaks English and I been teaching him Spanish, he is like a sponge

Asap. Don’t wait until they’re older. Right now is when their brains are developing the most so right now is the best timing to start teaching

1 Like

The younger the better! They are lost sponges and absorb everything!

4 Likes

5 kids ages 3-25 all bilingual! My older 2 -one added French and the other Arabic (military purposes)

As soon as they start saying a few words

1 Like

My nephews speak three languages (maybe four?). They are completely fluent in two. There’s no age to start at - the earlier the better because it’s when you learn languages. It’s also about keeping it up. My husband was bilingual as a child but has almost totally forgotten his official mother-tongue!