Are there actually benefits to consuming your placenta?

They put it in a capsule, lots of people do this. I did. Maybe let her find her own motherhood path. I have ptsd and low iron and figured it wouldn’t hurt to try as I was worried about the immediate post-partum.

You should mind your business. It’s what SHE is doing, not you.

1 Like

Uhm. Let her do her own thing. She’s the one eating it and going through her own motherhood journey. Its NOT bad for you and supposedly has TONS of great nutrients. Each to their own. You should worry more about the food you eat rather than her.

1 Like

I think it’s gross but it’s her business. As long as she’s not feeding it to unsuspecting people then it’s not harming anyone. I don’t understand why you need to convince her not to do it.

It’s her business, definitely doesn’t hurt anyone… worth a try :thinking: you drop so much body fluid/nutrients/blood during childbirth that I’m sure it helps replenish one thing or another

I’ve only heard good things. It apparently helps with postpartum, mood, getting back down to pre baby weight. Theres a reason animals eat theirs. I’d just make sure you goes to a reputable place. You can get it to where its turned to powder and then put in capsules. A friend had chocolates made.

1 Like

Maybe, but I sort of doubt it since we don’t instinctively want to eat it and have to force ourselves. That makes me think that humankind has always seen it as waste. Seems like most animals that eat afterbirth are trying to deter predators, not boost themselves.

You can’t stop your sister, though.

I have a weak stomache but yeah I heard there are benefits, can’t you Google that info?

Animals of all species eat the placenta. There are proven benefits. No one is asking you to eat it. It’s not like she is grilling it like a steak. Let her make her own choices