Are there any tubes tied side effects?

I had no problems at all

I didnā€™t have any side effects of tubal ligation

YESā€¦ there are a LOTā€¦ including increase risk of cancer.

Well I got mine tied when my son was born. He is 14 now and we have a 5 year old that was a surprise baby. Didnā€™t even have a clue until 26 weeks. Tubes tied and I was 40 when I found out I was pregnant with her.

3 Likes

Only side effect is you canā€™t get pregnant! Just kidding, no side effects.

I ended up with such a hormonal shift i developed lichen sclerosis

I had mine 43 yrs ago and never had any problems

No but only do it if you are giving birth

Yes, you always have a craving for hot dogs !

Harder to lose baby fat

Yesā€¦
More SexšŸ˜‚
THAT IS ALL!!

1 Like

Never had a problem!!!

Wretched heavy periods

2 Likes

After I had my tubes tied my periods were so so unbelievable heavy. I had to wear tampons and pads because it was so bad.

12 Likes

I have had a good experience, in high school my period was so bad I was so sick for days. After having kids and getting them tied. Itā€™s been way better I dont get sick anymore and I donā€™t have cramps much. Mine have been tied almost 14 years

I have my tubes tied for 23 years and have had no problems.

5 Likes

I donā€™t have my tubes tied, but after my last child (Jan 2020), I had my tubes removed. No issues, no mood swings, my period is actually regular and not every 3-4 months like it was since I turned 14. My sex drive to me seems a bit more of I want it now ( my husband seems happier knowing Iā€™m a bit more sexual).

Ask your doctor about it. Everyone Iā€™ve personally known who had their tubes tied ended up having horrible cramps, heavy bleeding. there is even a syndrome now that covers that. Years ago doctors would tell women it was just in their mind. There are several other choices for permanent birth control besides having your tubes tied

WICKED bad menstrual cycles. Until this last year, when I couldnā€™t take it anymore and needed a hysterectomy. Then again, Iā€™m turning 42 this month and had five kids by the time I was 21, sooooā€¦ no more babies for this chick amyway! Lol

The only side affects I had was all the gas they put in your stomach ! It made its way up into my chest thought I was having a four day long heart attack. That was 33 years ago and I still get gas bubbles in my legs and shoulders

I got mine removed 2 years ago and I feel so much calmer, I was a little crazy around my period before getting my tubes removed, and my period is very super regular now.

My periods have been very painful. Very very heavy and my hormones have been crazy! I cant even use a full stick of deodorant before it doesnt work anymore due to hormones.

I had my tubes tied at 22 and an emergency hysterectomy at 27, which almost cost me my life twice! Years later I worked for a radiation oncologist, who said the natural flow of our bodies (eggs through our female organs) was not to be disrupted.

Try a uterine ablation instead, no periods to worry about and no unexpected pregnancy. My periods were so bad, that I actually bled for 91 days straight.

Yup I had irregular periods my whole life getting it once or twice a year. After baby number 4 decided to get tubes tied . Now I have my period extremely bad every 3 weeks for about 10 days

Had mine cut and burned 28 yrs. agoā€¦no side effects

3 Likes

Had mine done in 1984, still have all my lady parts. Did have heavy periods, and cramping, but I always did.

Every body reacts differently. Best move I ever made. Cramps after for a couple days. thatā€™s it.

I had to have a hysterectomy in less than 6 mths after having mine tied. I had fibroids and other issues. Didnā€™t have them before

My periods became very painful and lasted longer and more heavy than previously.

I never had any problems or side effects. Everyone is different. Your periods may change or may not change. It depends on you

Done at 26ā€¦went from no cramps to harsh crampsā€¦ menstrual cycle off big timeā€¦menopause at 49ā€¦would still do it best birth control there was and isā€¦but no one can know how its going to effect them just like all births are differentā€¦just weigh the pros and consā€¦and if your done having kids then i recommend it the side effects outweigh another child that you donā€™t want to have

Dr. Went through my belly button after my last baby was born to tied my tubes. The problem I had was the worst gas in my life. It was not fun. Other than that I did fine.

Tubal ligations has nothing to do with either of these conditions

Had mine tied at 21 in 1999. Had a baby in 2011ā€‹:joy::joy: Had a hysterectomy in 2011. The hysterectomy was the best thing I couldā€™ve done.

The ovaries produce estrogen. Nothing to do with Fallopian tubes.
All you women on fab, how about researching your bodies !

My Dr did both hysterectomy and tubal because he said in my condition it was the safest and if they just did tubal Iā€™d be back in less than a year for hysterectomy. I was done having kids so I was fine with it. Mine was robotic assisted and was done 7 years ago.

Regret for me. I regretted it very soon after. I just had my tubal reversal and 15 weeks pregnant now. But physically I didnā€™t experience any issues with it.

I went through a week of morning sickness every month when I ovulated for about three years. Doctor said it was my body adjusting

Yes the Dr left an instrument inside of me.I stayed an extra day in the hospital because of the pain.I passed it in the middle of the night.

Had mine done back in may last year donā€™t regret it but periods are horrible and same with me sister we are both considering having a hysterectomy done

That has nothing to do with a tubal ligation

Mine were tied 34 yrs ago , by choice, 1 hr after 2nd child born . No problems what so ever. Best thing I ever did for birth control.

Also both clips fell off and they had to go get them from where they were lodged.

No issues at allā€¦ My periods got lighter, shorter and donā€™t hardly cramp at all. Had it done almost 9 years ago

Had m8ne done in 81. After that I began having 2 periods a month until my hysterectomy in 86.

I didnā€™t have any problems. Mine have been tied for almost 2 years.

Had mine done after my last baby at 31 im 36 now no issues except I have started having night sweats. Thinking maybe premenopause?

I havenā€™t had any side effects but I always had sucky periods and found out if I take prenatal vitamins it helps idk why but hey Iā€™m a lot nicer to be around lol :joy: :joy::joy: and no cramps either

Look into Tubal ligation syndrome before you do anythingā€¦
I finally had a hysterectomy, my periods were awful and bled through tampon and pads within 20minsā€¦

I didnā€™t have any of course that was about 46 years agoā€¦

My period was heavier and lasted a full week then after around a year they were alittle lighter and shorter

Had mine tied at 27 and havenā€™t had any problems.

I had tubal ligation in 1987 and had no problems afterwards.

I never had any side effects

None of the doctor knows where the y are.

Mine tied 45 years ago. During menopause I had 3 DNCā€™s but after my periods stopped no issues at all.

You should really speak with a medical professional. Everyone is different.

Had mine done at 34 . 2 years later had a tubal pregnancy which led to a complete hysterectomy.

No, never had any side effects.

I have had mine tied for 3 years. No issues.

I had mine tied after my twins, no real side effects that i have noticed.

I had no side effects other than not getting pregnant lol.

I had my tubes tied in 1975 and have never had issues at all.

Yes, infertility had mine at 21 after 3 children.

Had mine done 30 years ago. Out patient, no problems,no regrets!

Yes you canā€™t have any more babies

Worst and heaviest periods ever!!!

I had laparoscopy and no problems

FB isnā€™t the place to ask medical questions. Everyone is different. Talk to your Dr.

I had mine doneā€¦ no problems

13 years and no issues.

Occasional pregnancy

Look into post tubal ligation syndrome

You canā€™t get pregnant

Possible early menopause

I had mine done at 38 after the 7th child! I had no complicationsā€¦

I didnā€™t have any side effects.

Two stiches in my navel zero side effectsā€¦at the age of 30.

Stomach stay bloated :tired_face: