At what age did you stop using baby monitors?

With my first (13 yo) I used an audio only one until she was about 1. With my second (8 months old) I never bought one.

I stopped using it around 8 months I think.

Never used them at all.

3 Likes

My sons 2 and i still use the monitor. I plan on using it until im 100% confident that he will come striaght to our bedroom if he wakes up rather than go out to other rooms getting into anything he shouldnt be.

4 Likes

My daughter is 2 1/2 and I still use one although mine is just the one where you hear sound because she will wake up sometimes and start crying sitting up in bed

Personally I dont think there is or should be a limit on watching them sleep , you watch them till you feel safe that they are safe and content , as for the monitors , when your child is sleeping through the night over the age of 1 is my best bet ! Xx

7 Likes

I’m thinking about putting one into my 4 year olds room to help encourage him to sleep in there on his own. He’s terrified. W a baby monitor he can still talk to me… and I can keep an eye on him.

1 Like

What’s a baby monitor? #ShowingMyAge lol

1 Like

I’m 43. My Mother would have a baby monitor on me still if she could :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

My youngest is 9 and I still use it because our rooms are on separate ends of house and he don’t sleep much

I’m still using one for miss almost three and no plans to remove it anytime soon. She likes to sleep with the door shut and can’t open it so we use it to hear when she wakes in the night for a feed or wanting to come in with us

I had an audio only one with my first born 13 years ago, it was one way so I couldn’t talk to her or anything. I did not have a baby monitor with my second who is now 8 months.

Honestly, I’d say it’s ok at any age. If your worried though and kinda feel weird about it, I’d at least leave it in there until she is old enough to come to your room and nowhere else. I have one ( first time out of 3 kids ) and wish I would have sooner. I use ours now mainly because my 15 month old had a seizure a few weeks ago so I need to hear but if I was away then I could hear if he started crying and I use it for my 4 year old as well so I can hear him. I don’t plan on getting rid of it until my youngest is probably about 6

1 Like

Our rooms were next to each other’s. By 1.5 yrs I stopped. She’d either push the gate down, or cry at the gate, either way, id hear it and wake up immediately. Now that our place isn’t 2 levels, I don’t gate her room, she come straight to mine- she’s 3.

My sons 1 and I’ve stopped, our rooms are next to eachother and very thin walls, think I only used one out of worry until this point, if he needs me believe me I’ll hear him. :joy::rofl:

My 2 year old shares a room with older kids i use it

What’s a baby monitor? JK but I never used one.

4 Likes

Kids 4. Still peek at that camera. Watch him play.

1 Like

Never used one for any of our four children. The video monitors really creep me out, no matter the age :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

My daughter is going to be five in a couple of days and I still use a audio monitor and video monitor because she has seizures in her sleep but her dad hasn’t used one in over a year

1 Like

I still use one for my 5 year old, he’s scared of the dark and will not get up to pee alone, and I have to take him!

1 Like

We keep one in my Grandkids room still (it’s video with talk too) because our house is very large, and when they play/sleep up there I like to know they are okay. They are 5, 4, and 1.

i stopped using the video monitor around 4 or 5? simply because we still had bedtime issues and he would get out of bed quite often. :roll_eyes: so once he was consistent staying in bed we went to just an audio monitor that was like a walkie talkie because our rooms were further away. that way he could call for me and i could respond. we used that till he was… eek, 9? maybe? when he would get up and come get me if he needed me, or take care of it himself (nose bleed, bathroom trip, etc)

I’d be a little concerned with your little girl leaving her room, while you’re still asleep. What if next time, she wanders, and gets into something! It only takes a few seconds!

I still use mine, almost 2 4 and 5 n a half. I will use them for as long as I can . There rooms are far from ours. Plus they wake up crying or something or if there in the bathroom crying because they thru up i can still here them on a monitor. We are actually gonna get another batch to put in our play room and have 4 set up so we can see and hear them playing, monitors are good incase you have to go outside and check the male you can keep an eye on them. Plus our monitors we can talk thru and it tells the temperature in there room. Ow granite my son is an escape artist and knows how to get past a child lock and no matter what we do we cant get him to stop roaming the house and getting into things he dont need to. Lord help when my youngest is at that stage

I never used one in the first place, my toddler is a bull in a China shop there is no sleeping through him crashing around the house. Maybe just baby proof the house and lock the doors to areas you don’t want them in. We switched out all our door knobs for ones with locks so he wouldn’t wreck his brother and sisters rooms.

We didnt use them. People hack into them.

My older kids are 8 and 4 and we still turn on the monitor sometimes.

Ive never use monitors as i could always hear them, but i dont think watching your kids could ever be creepy :sweat_smile: my daughters are 8 and 4 and i be in checking them 4-5 times during the night :sweat_smile:

Our son is 2 1/2 and we still use it but we’re on the 2nd floor and his rooms on the 1st so it’s impossible to hear him without it.

About 3 yo. We used it that long bc she would use her bed to climb to the dresser then climb on to her chest to jump onto her bed.

I have 3 children. Ages 9, 7, and 2. I dont have any video monitors just audio. I have one in the 2 year olds room. I have one in my kitchen. And one at the foot of the stairs that lead upstairs to the 9 and 7 yr olds room. Why? Because kids are sneaky. Because TV remotes create A LOT of smoke when put into the toaster. Because nightmares still happen. Because I like knowing my kids can get my attention at a seconds notice no matter where I am in my house. To each his own lol.

1 Like