At what age do kids go to dentist?

When did you momma start taking your babies to the dentist? My son is 13months an has 4 teeth.

5 Likes

My children’s dentists always said unless theres issues or concerns 1st appointment should be around after 2 years old

2 Likes

Around here they won’t even see them until 2 years old

When they first start getting teeth

National recommendation is as soon as they get their first tooth they should be taken to a pediatric dentist. Both of my children were about 1 when they got their first teeth.

When they get teeth. They start with happy visits and those are fun for the kids. I took my son (18 months at the time) and they cleaned his teeth. I would suggest a pediatric dentist instead of a general dentist, especially for toddlers.

My dentist recommended 2 years. Call your dentist and see what they think. They may want to wait until 2 so your LO is a bit less wiggly then right now

Dentist in my area said 2 unless of course their is a problem
However I do recommend brushing as soon a baby gets teeth at first with just a soft brush and water if under age 1. Then add a tiny tiny amount of kid tooth paste after age 1 to the toothbrush
Only brush for now as a child is not old enough at this age to really be able to floss and I would not recommend any mouthwash even kid mouthwash at this age.

I took mine at 1. The dentist told me i was being an over achiever and didn’t need to bring him in until 3. :woman_shrugging:t2:

You are supposed to take them 6 months after their first tooth erupts, or at 1 year old.

I took my son after his 2nd Birthday but made sure I brushed regularly and limited sugar intake. (Especially in juice, I still cut it with water)

About 2 or 3 depending. They dont want to tramatize the littles where I am and there isnt a need until lots of teeth come in unless there is cause for concern.

My dentist just got my six month old to sit on my knee, whilst he looked at my teeth, then did the same to the baby. Every six month check up, until it was just normal for then toddler to have his checked at the same time

1 Like

We took our daughter around 2 1/2. Dentist said unless I had concerns no reason to before 3. Although the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry now recommends that a child go to the dentist by age 1 or within six months after the first tooth erupts.

Our dentists where I love don’t start seeing kids until they’re 3 unless there’s an issue.

Mine is 2.5 and has her first appointment next month.

I called to get my 13 month old in yesterday and they told me they recommend when baby has 8 teeth and she only has 6

My son was 9 months when we started going

Took mine as soon as they started getting teeth!

3.5 years old. He has 4 teeth lol. No need to rush

Usually from 2 1/2 onwards and that was just to get them used to the environmental and become familiar either dentist.

when satrted get tooth at least most of teeth by about 1