Baby boy name ideas!

I’m almost 26 weeks pregnant and we cannot decide on a name for our little boy! Can we get some boy name suggestions please

95 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Baby boy name ideas! - Mamas Uncut

3 Likes

Remember your son or daughter has to live with that name forever. I think naming a child after one of the grandparents is an honor. I feel bad for the children named Chicago, North,Blanket, and so on. Poor kids!

26 Likes

You almost need to know the last name so they sound right together

25 Likes

We wrote down a whole page of boy names. Went through and crossed off ones that weren’t our favorite. When we had our baby we waited to see his face and like 6 picked out.

4 Likes

I’ve always loved the name Wyatt I also like Sid sigh spell CY and some of the old-fashioned cowboy knees I like the name Garrett also I don’t like the made up names that some of the kids come up with nowadays

7 Likes

Just try and remember that adults may like strange names, and there seems to be some competition in who can find the strangest name and spelling, but the child has to live with it for life.

3 Likes

Have several names in mind, but name him when you see him. You’ll know

6 Likes

My nephews are Crusoe Everest and Memphis Ryder

6 Likes

I always yelled the propective name so you could hear what it sounded like if kids yelled it out… kid in my home town was Scott nobles… sounds alright but when yelled comes out as Scott no balls. Also do all initials together or first initial plus surname and initials if more than one with surname… read them all out aloud… I worked in theatre and some new babies names were hilarious (A. Nus = anus). Good luck

3 Likes

I was going to name my son Stephen Michael but when he was born he did not look like a Stephen I mentioned that to doctor as he was writing Michael Stephen so much better. Guess doctor named my son lol. Love the name Michael it grows with them Mikey, Mike

6 Likes

If I would have had kids I would have called a son Benjamin. I always thought it was a strong name. :heart: and called a little girl Charlotte. Call him Ben or benji for short called her Charlie for short. Always my favorite :heart_eyes:

We waited to see what he looked like first

2 Likes

I love older names. And absolutely love family names. My husband is half Japanese. My son is named after his grandfather and has his same initials. I would look at your family history and choose names from there.
I have 5 brothers. David, Todd, Brian, Michael and Jonathan. Their middle names William, Stanley, Fredrick, Joseph and Allen. Most of the middle names are from family history. Good luck.
My son is Wesley. And he has a Japanese middle name.

2 Likes

Nothing with a “den” on the end lol Aiden, Brayden, Jayden, Jaiden, Caiden, Hayden….:grimacing: it’s all overplayed just like Madison is/was because everyone and their mom watched Splash growing up.

4 Likes

Boy mom here. I have a Austin, Hunter, and Charlie. My last 2 were last minute named because hubby and I couldnt agree. My middles name changed so many times. I say sometime seeing the baby helps. I gave hubby full naming rights with out youngest. I hated it at first but fits him so well.

Evan is a beautiful name . It means little fighter ( warrior)

10 Likes

You are going to go through a lot of names, but once he’s born and you see him and start talking to him. You’ll know. Think of places that are special to both you and your husband.
If you’re into family names write them down and put them in different order and say them out loud and see how they roll together with your last name. My son is Curtis Leroy, after my dad and his middle name is after his dad. My new grandson is Lincoln Lawrence. Lincoln after Lincoln City where his parents got engaged and St Lawrence River where my daughter in-law vacationed many times growing up and still does. Took them 5-6 days days to finally pick Lincoln’s name, and his name suits him.
You sweet momma, you’ll know your baby’s name once you meet.
God Bless you and your family. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I had 2 girls but for a boy I loved the name Roman Alexander… and Jaxon :grin:. I also like older ones like Albert - Bertie/ Albie for short.
Our 2nd girl we had a name picked out until she was born and didn’t look like that name lol

1 Like

My daughter wasn’t named for 3 weeks, just makes more paperwork for hospital, but after a month, the birth certificate will come baby boy and last name and then will cost to change so make sure you decide before that month deadline. Good luck! Was going to name our daughter had she been a boy Satchel Lincoln, satchel after the first black baseball player, Satchel Paige. My other sons are Magnus and Declan.

All depends on what the last name of the parents are. And sometimes race is also quite important. Like for instance naming a white boy Wang or Pablo - just doesn’t make sense if you catch my drift…

I named my son Cayson Matthew. I called him Case mostly.
But I also like the name Grayson

I have Jaxon & Houldon
Grandsons…Rhett, Braylon, Jameson & Neil
Love the names Josiah, Beau, Stephon, Dresden

1 Like

My some name is Payson. Everyone thinks it’s unusual. A lot of Payton. But rarely hear his name

5 Likes

Yes, you need to know the last name to hear what sounds right… Carter, Kasen, Kameron, Brennan, Trystin…

I named my boys Kennedy and Kristian (even before we knew they were boys… we wanted names good for either gender)… I also like the names Kenzen…Kennet… and Knox… (we are all k’s)

Good old fashion Henry. In all actuality most people name those sweet babies after having them and seeing their faces match their name.

5 Likes

Maybe think of men in both your lives that were a big influence and somehow come up with unique names that still represent the men in your lives. If this makes any sense. lol like a Harry and name your son Harrison… or a James and name him Jamison or something???

Anthony has a pretty good ring to it. :grin:

9 Likes

Make a combination of ur name and ur partner…it will turn out to be unique name… dont choose a name that 50% of the population on earth has it…

2 Likes

Darian… always loved it. Unfortunately it didn’t go with our sons middle and last name.

My son’s name is Barry Charles. A bit old fashioned, but a sturdy, good name.

My grandkids are Andrew Jacob, Jackson Russell and Austin James. When trying to decide names for our kids (had they been boys) we looked at ancestors (some are what our daughter named her kids). We looked at William, Russell, Andrew. Use your maiden name as a middle name. Names you don’t hear much anymore - Daniel (Danny), Brian, Robert (Bob), Travis, James, Joseph.

I always liked Elliott & Parker but I couldn’t name my son either cause they are ex_bfs last names lol.

My sons are Named Tyler Chaz, Brandon Shayne, and Dayton Kyle. We call Dayton DayDay or Day

I have a ransom and cash… lol Middle names. Brett ransom and Gabriel cash

5 Likes

My daughter 7 at the time named my son Noah.

Carter John was what I was going to name the baby boy I was going to adopt however it fell apart

My brother was Allen James. I also like Jared, Andrew, Alex, Matthew, and Heath.

We have a Mason Alexander a Tyson Stevie, a Carlos Samuel last names Cooper but that’s also a popular Boys name :joy:

2 Likes

Rylan, Landon, Maverick, Dean, Bryce, Dayton, Brenden, Gunner, Greyson, …. Just to name a few.

My two boys are George and Alexander, we were going to call the youngest Abel too.

My sons name is Ethan look for a name with meaning …

I always liked the name Chase Ian

5 Likes

My only little guy of 4 is Damien Joseph. Daddy picked Damien as he is a huge Bob Marley fan and joseph is a family name :black_heart:

You will know his name when you see him, it will just come to you!

My children’s names are Jack, Laila (girl) and Daniel … I preferred to keep it simple

Ezekiel Matthias was supposed to be my second son but turned out to be a girl.

Look in the street directory , it sounds corny but it will help

Bryan Anthony River Cash Ryder Matthew Zack Syn

My 2 boys are Aric (not eric ) and isaac.

Family names (first or surnames?) Last name?

Liam reece Luke Joseph Steven Austin sammule Thomas Matthew Gerry Peter Allen isac Justine Christian lexon

My favorite name is Joshua . It just oozes strength.

1 Like

Elijah, primo ,gabriel, juaquin, elliott luke grey

It will come to u. Soon as you hear it youll know instantly

1 Like

I like Brennen, Kellan, Derren and Rylan.

I always liked Robin,Levi,Levon,Casey

I have 3 boys Steven, Craig, and Terry

I have a nephew named Quade, I love his name

I have a cooper-lee and weslee- taylor

Ezekiel, Isaac, James, Seth, Nicolai, Nathaniel.

4 Likes

I have a Nolan Jacob and a friend has an Asa Alexander that I’ve always liked

I like Otto but I’d spell it Auto.

1 Like

I picked out my daughter’s name & my husband picked out my son’s name jsi

I have Zachary, Jared, jakob, john, Jesse, caiden, Cody, Donnie, Brian and Eric!

Raymond James…just immediately popped into my head…

Congratulations mama! I’m 26 weeks tomorrow!! :heart: prayers for a healthy and smooth delivery!

Congratulations. I have always loved the name Lucas.

My grandsons are Ethan, Blayne and Zayde

Zane Michael was an option too. Love it

My sons are Taeven Joy and Irwen Peace

Tremayne or Tray for short. My son loves his name.

I like Adam, Luke, Michael. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I have always liked jessie case (JC)

My grandsons name is Cash

Brian has a good ring to it

Judah! Meaning praise and thanksgiving.

James is a nice name my grandson is called James

We have a George and a Oakley.

I like Allen, Vincent. Victor, Audy, ,Rhett or any strong names.

My son’s name is Mitchell Reed

My sons are Gregory,Luke and Andrew

Ezra and Blain my favourite

I have 2 boys myself. Chandler Ray and Harrison Matthew :blue_heart::blue_heart:

Brian. Brady…Kacey…Karsen

1 Like

Roman, Ryan, Phillip? A few of my favorites.

Dakota, Hunter, Liam

use the second letter of your name of your spouse

My grandsons names are Eli hurter and bruceson

Edward
Landon
Mickey
Samual
Jack

Sterling Hunter Gunner Grayson

Cairo, Cash and Cole are my favourite names

My sons names are Elias and Noah :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tate, Noah, Jace, Isiah, Jaxson,

Your father’s or grandfather

Ryan ,Allan , Larry . Aiden , Chance, Blake, Noah, Nakoa , Myko, Vince ,Jaxson, Tanner, Ryder

1 Like

Kaden, Hudson, denver

Liam, Lane, Jax, Luke, Gator, Jesse, Tatum

Parker, Armond, Merle, Perry, Burgess.