Drew
Samuel
Trent

I love Aaron Abraham, Christopher Dominic

Christopher Michael. Jonathan Joseph

Wesley, Jethro, Joshua ,Tegan, Dalton

Camrick, Walker, Chase, Riley,Dalton

Dustin Kyle Ryan James Michael Paul

thomas /tommy… dean… frank…sammy/sam…peter/ pete robert /bobby michael/mike zachary/zach lawrence/larry…henry…jerry…kenneth/ken…david/dave…erick…anthony/tony…aubrey…andrew/andy…darryl…johnny/john…caleb…carter…

Seth, Finley, Zachary,

Ian Kingsley
Tristan Everett

Darrin, Blaine, Theodore (Teddy), Winton.

If you want mischief name him Jeremy :wink:

Remember when you see him he may not look like the name you picked.

1 Like

Kai
Brentley not Bentley

I like names that reflect heritage. For instance an Irish ancestry might be reflected in Declan, Ronan, Ian etc. I have a friend whose ancestry is Scandinavian, his name is Torger and his brother is Gunther.

1 Like

My daughter was careful to choose names that can be shortened, if you don’t want to say the full name. Also, when they are older, they can choose which way to use it. Coleson (Cole), Zachary (Zach).

1 Like

My sons name is Keaton :wink:

1 Like

I like Brody, Jon,James,Sean

Braxton
Declan
Jedadiah
Dominic
Ian
Dylan
Judson
Jackson
Kai
Easton
Zander
Zavier
Phoenix
Asher

Rizdyn, Rogan, Zayne

Which ever you choose make it something he will be proud of not embarrassed by!!
Not sure what the parents were thinking but I knew a child and his first name was (No Flipping Lie!) “Understanding”!!! WTH was the parents on!! Understanding?? I just don’t understand!!! Why??

Ashe,Grant, and Elliot

When we got stuck we went through relatives names in previous generations. We would talk to the baby in utero with a different name a week till one felt right. You have to imagine using the name in all circumstances. The right one will present itself. Just for the record our boys names were Thomas Steven ( after both mum and dad’s dads) and Angus William after a great uncle and dads middle name. We haven’t had a complaint from either boy and they’re both good names for a baby, a boy and finally manhood. It carries really well as they age.

3 Likes

Conor
Aiden Reagan Brendan Braylon Quinn Finn

Jonathan Jon for short

My advice would be to think long and hard when you’re deciding to name your child because they have to live with that name for the rest of their lives so don’t give them any crazy names because they’ll get teased and whatever

4 Likes

My grandsons name is Lucas Parker and the other one is Kaeden. Love both those names.

2 Likes

Peter, Daniel, Jeffery, James, Frank

Charlie, Benjamin, Andrew,

Maysen, Kennedy, Ryder

Thomas, Zachary, shayne seigal

My 1st son’s name is Warren and we are due in 2 weeks and our second son will be Walker

2 Likes

Chayce
Conner
Miles
Marlo
Austin
Justin
Kystian
Soda
D’Cember

Graham, Oliver, Preston, Owen

Are you into old fashion ,western,southern,unique?You need to do this one with your husband.You don’t want your son growing up asking why you named him SUE and you blame the people on FB for it!!!

8 Likes

Drew, Max, Jaxson, Cole

Covid
Ramalamadingdong
Jesus
Katie
Poncho
Starchild
Moonbeam
Jim

Jacob
Taylor
Samuel
Deacon
Matthew
Anthony

I love the name Levi

7 Likes

Leon, Henry, Emil, Moses, Isaiah,

You’ll know when you see him​:blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Alden
Jaxon
Oliver
Noah
Liam

1 Like

Ryan, Owen, Teegan, Kyle

Chester Edward Theodore

Honor someone in your life by giving your child their name…that’s heritage.

10 Likes

I was told to pick some names and yell them like the kid is in trouble and go from there. It helps.

5 Likes

I always liked the name Heath,
but my husband did not. Good thing we had three girls…Jill, Christa, and. Whitney.

3 Likes

I love the mother’s maiden name for the middle name. Couldn’t use mine as it just is a last name only sound …

2 Likes

I was told I would never have children, and years before helped named my nephew, Noah Matthew. (Sister named him Jason Matthew) Noah was my grandfather & only grandparent alive I got to know. Matthew was my great grandfather, but I always loved the name. Marty, Matt or Matthew. My son was going to be Matthew Noah, nothing was changing it. Then my FIL died right after we told him. My son became Matthew James. I loved using names in honor of grandparents and my son loves that he is named after family-just sad he didn’t get to know his Grandpa.
I loved Jake, not Jacob. Our last name starts with K, so when you said the name out loud, it became Jay K. Don’t like Jay.

1 Like

I wanted to call my last boy David as i asked him in little cot just born he nose scewed up so i asked if he liked mark no problem there so i asked again if he liked David something screwed up hes nose so he is call mark David had to put my dad in somewhere x

1 Like

I named my kid after a baseball park. He was almost 11 lbs when born. So not sure I’d recommend something that big. But… I love his name and so does he. I love unusual names. And names that are traditional but have untraditional spellings or change a letter to make it unique. Names that give them a unique and personal identity. Best advice… Do you. But remember he has to live with it, God willing, for a very long time. Congratulations on your son!

My dad was baptised John but was always called Jack by his many friends, my first Border Terrier puppy was born in dad’s birthday and I called him Jack in memory of my much loved father, he died aged 16 two years ago this September, Both loved forever in my :sparkling_heart:

I have a Maxximo - it means the ultimate or greatest in Spanish with. One x. I did xx because it makes him the most interesting man in in the world like the Dos Equis man lol

I saw the name London today. I liked it. Could be used for a boy. I have 2 grandsons named Jayko and Kiper. Both unique.

My dads parents gave him and his 7 siblings a middle name from family ancesters, mostly surnames. Not saying it’s good idea, but helps when studying your geneology

How about a name from a good book. My favorite is Raine Montgomery. I didn’t have a boy. So I named her Alexis Raine. My son was named by his father from the Bible, Joshua, middle name for his father Donn.

My son’s name is Raden Sinclair. I think what their name will sound like of you cheer for them at a ballgame. Not too prissy…athletic sounding.

1 Like

I had all the unique, edgy, newer and common names lined up and then he was born and we kicked it old school… Figured his name would be original for his generation. :woman_shrugging:

Often, Mother’s maiden name! Sometimes a first name and sometimes a middle name, always keeps her family name as an important part of his life. Can be used for a girl as well, giving her a unique and interesting name.

I love garret, but my hubby was not on board…so matt and Tom it was :rofl:

Thought I was having a girl but it was s bouncing baby boy. No name for boy, so asked doctors their names and came up with Charles Scott, so welcome to the world my sweet Charles Scott. He fits both names…

As a child me and my 3 brothers made a deal about the name of the first born grandson(my son) he would be named Donivan myself and my daughter’s start with A and my husband and sons all start with D
My girls are Alisa and Alaina my boys are Donivan Markus - named after his grandpa and uncle Devan Charles - I’m not sure where I came up with Devan from but his middle name is Charles after his grandpa that passed away before he was born good luck :crossed_fingers:

Branson Michael was the one I loved and last name is w so it would be BMW our little beamer lol

Use your father’s name with your spouse’s fathers name. Either first or middles.

2 Likes

I have a Theodore, Teddy for short. We wanted the traditional older names. I love the name Zebulon, Zeb for short.

My daughter has 4 kids 3 boys and one girl. They all have some part of their name in honor of another family member. Michael Gunner.with Michael.being after his Dad. Brody Reece with Reece being my Mom’s maiden name. Ella faith E!izabeth with Ella being after her husband’s Grandmother and Elizabeth being after my Grandmother’s middle name. Then the newest baby (1 week old today) is Lawson James with James being my husband’s Dad’s name. I think they are unique for sure. You will know the right one when you.hear it. Best wishes and enjoy having your children, they really make life even more special.

We have 6 generations of William in my family. I’m very fond of William Drew and William Lincoln. I also like Randall Lance and James David.

I like the idea of combining both mother and father’s first names. E.g… clyde+ sasha=clyesha. That also adds some fun to choosing a baby name… I had twin 18months ago and I had about 20 names for each child… but jarell and jalilah were settled on

I have 3 daughters. If we had ever had a boy his name would have been Nolan.

You may find this strange. I have a friend that was looking for suggestions. Her son is due in January. She wanted something to go with Dash. I suggested
Alan.

My one grandson Is John. I think it is a great name. Johnny for a little guy and John for a man. She used her maiden name as his middle name. His name is John Shepherd plus his last name.

My only advice to you is this. I read a article one time about kids names said kids with easy to remember names have many more friends than kids with odd names. Plus they will cut it down into a nickname so I would pick easy. My son is Dwayne and people try to drop the D and just do Wayne he hates that part. My name is Cynthia people try to call me Cindy which I hate some even try Silvia which I hate more. Pick the name but expect it to be shorten over time like James will be Jim while William will be Bill. David goes to Dave. You will know when you see your baby.

I have 4 grandsons and 2 sons. Grandson sons are Jagger Tracey , Harley Andrew, Linkan Noah,and Jason Ray. Middle names are after family members.

My grandchildren like Jackson for the new baby coming I like ronnie after my dad their great granddad but no doubt it will be unusual

Would’ve had a Benjamin Ryan but the last 2 came out with the wrong parts!

Maybe a older name like Robert or Michael or my favorite is Brian (my son )

Go buy a baby book. They have thousands of names that you never thought

I love two names my dad’s name Don (donald) or my uncle’s name Escu from Wales.

Just be careful what the initials spell, i.e. DAM. Or, that people will shorten or mispronounce. Please use the name you will call him as the first name. You may use the middle name, but employees will use their first name.

Ha ha remember screaming the full name out several times it helps with how it sounds and deciding. My grandsons are named Remington kayde and Jordan kobey and my boy name is Trenton :thinking:

Lucas , Ty, Shane, Jacob, Derek, my second one was going to be named Jason Donovan but I had a girl. I named her LaDonna Marie

Don’t use a made up name and use correct traditional spelling. No creative spelling

I have two boys their names are Trenton Neal and Jaxson Paul but also like the names Dayton, Grayson, and Kaiden

I would stick with the old classics, the ones you never hear anymore, soon the trendy runs will run their course. I like ones( and their nicknames) like James, Charles, William, George, Thomas, Michael, etc. imo

Wait to see him. Please spell the name whatever you choose, to be the correct spelling! I feel sorry for teachers nowadays with all the crazy spelling variations! :thinking:

You make a list of names, then have your spouse make a list of names, then cross reference to find any names on both lists.

our son was named Walter Kirkham for his Father & his Father’s Mother’s maiden name. His nick name was Kirk.

Buy a book of baby names. It’s not brain surgery or rocket science. Simple.

If you are with the father give him either the first or middle name or grandfathers !

My Mom was planning on naming me after Pops but he said noway in about 10 seconds she said :blush:, his name was Banks William (French heritage)

I use to read the ends of movie credits. Needless to say my daughter is Sarah Jessica. :sweat_smile::rofl:

My son’s mame is Lucas. It means a strong person.

Something reasonable that goes with his last name.

Names have meanings, find a book about names and choose by the meaning you like.

Pick a name that will last time. Don’t go with a name that dates the child. Picture him as the president of a Fortune 500 company. What would be a respectable name for a CEO? Could he be mistaken for a girl? What can middle school kids change his name to, to bully him?
There is more in a name than people think about.

When I have kids, I want to name them after movie/book characters or even songs. Maybe you could do that?

Joseph (Joe) and Rebecca (Becky) they had a weird last name so I wanted simple.

something simple, that the child can say and learn to wright easy,

A good rule of thumb is to use first the first name of the father or just name the boy after the father. Then look at the grandfathers names. Then consider a middle name of a relative to be used as a first name. But my old standby is always US presidents and world leaders for names