Baby lost weight while pregnant

Did anyone else struggle with their baby growing at 35 weeks? He has actually dropped weight and I am nervous something is wrong with him…what can cause that?

1 Like

So I have had the ultrasounds come back that one of my kids had gained so much and was measuring “over 10lbs” and was induced that day… he was 8 lbs even. The other was dropping weight and was under 7lbs, he came a month later and was 8lbs even as well. So they can be off with their measurements. I was so worried both times! So just remember they are human and can make errors before you assume the worst.

Do not believe ultrasound estimates. That’s exactly what they are, estimates. Because I was told my daughter wouldn’t weigh more than 5lbs born…… that joker came out 7lbs and 6oz.
If your baby is in a healthy weight range do not worry. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I had this and it was an issue with my placenta. My doctor caught it at a growth scan and I was induced. I now have a perfectly healthy (and chubby!) Daughter.

Could be a problem with the placenta, but your doctor is really the expert…sometimes they will induce if this happens. But 35 weeks is not too terribly early.

I had this, they sent me for an additional scan specifically for my placenta and when that was fine I continued to my scheduled c section date. Bub was born at 39 weeks 7 pound even and healthy

Very common, many women lose weight during pregnancy. Also the ultrasound weight is an estimate and not always accurate. Does not always mean something is wrong, if your ob, midwife or pcp feel reason to do further examination like another ultrasound they will, otherwise I wouldn’t worry. I’m 30 weeks with number 3 and have only gained 4 lbs total , initially kept losing til this 3rd trimester