Baby name ideas?

I never had my daughter but her name would’ve been Kenzie Sophia. I know it’s not mythical but I felt like it was just so pretty.

2 Likes

Freya, hathor, percy, Corrigan

Hera Mae would be beautiful

1 Like

Poor kid will be stuck with these names

4 Likes

Name her it. I named my daughter Cailean (kay-leen). I never heard anyone by that name and when I seen it online on a unique names site, I took it for my first but baby came out as a boy so I kept it for another baby and didn’t get to use it till our third baby.

1 Like

I love Aphrodite and Freya

My mans brother and wife named their daughter persephonie and i love it

My nieces are Isis and Athena and my daughter is Freya. They sound fine when we say their names, natural and fits each perfect.

My twins are calliope and Penelope :heart_eyes:

Selene, Maia, Nyx and Rhea are beautiful in my opinion. Name her whatever makes you happy :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Ayla. It’s unique and my daughter only has one friend with that name and spelling.

My granddaughter is Rhea. And there s Freya and Athena

I know a little girl called Athena.

1 Like

Iris, Daphne, Chloe, Gaia, Calypso, Aura, Rhea

Hera is beautiful & unique, I’d choose that ! Especially since you came up with it :blush: good job

I personally Like the first one
As it reminds me of a character in "Star Gate sg1
Actually I reckon you could find a lot of names there that might sound close to what you are looking for

Hera cool. Aphrodite too many identified issues

How about an unusual name my grandmother’s middle name was Ora in my lifetime I have only heard one other woman have that name

1 Like

Please understand and research who each goddess actually is and everyone one they have forsaken, cursed, etc.

4 Likes

Thalia or Danae? both are pretty

Also keep in mind that giving a child an uncommon name/unusual spelling means she will never see toys, clothes, books etc with her name on it. I grew up with that issue. For a child it’s tough to deal with.

2 Likes

Please give that child a name she can spell and pronounce and not be ashamed of. Names are for life. Not just a fad.

6 Likes

Join That name is a Tragedeigh 2.0 and That name isn’t a tragedeigh, it’s a murghdyrr

2 Likes

August…Luna…Angelite…
Amethyst…Serenity…
Angelia…Aura…Harleigh…
Farrah…Meadow…Harper…
Londyn…Alba…Ariel…Rae…
Rayne…Cartier…Madison…
Angel…Congratulations​:tada::tada::footprints:

Your child. Your business

Hera and Aphrodite are beautiful and unique names. Don’t listen to anybody else go with ur gut instinct

Athena ,Theanna,Helena,Esmee,Evonthea

Think of her growing up!

Nevaeh heaven spelled backwards

Hera is cute like that

Names are becoming more and more diverse - in your daughters generation hera and aphrodite will fit in

Just look up the mythology because they some mean girls lol

1 Like

Leonora, Deidre, Ronan

My mother’s name is Zenobia . Nobie for short.

1 Like

My baby is Calliope :two_hearts:

3 Likes

that name is a tragedeigh

1 Like

Athena Joy and Aurora Skyy are my granddaughters names

1 Like

Mommas, please consider the teasing a child will go through
at school with friends, when you name your child or children, in elementary through high school.
This goes for boys and girls.

3 Likes

I had a coworker named her youngest daughter athena

Go for it🤷🏻‍♀️ I love uncommon or “old” names for babies. I don’t want my kids to be 1 of 7 Jessicas or Ashleys in their class

2 Likes

I named my daughter Ares :blush: it’s a God but the name is perfect for my little warrior :heart:

1 Like

I wanted to name my daughter Artemis to go with my sons name which is Atlas. But that was something my ex husband and I talked about doing. Now I have a daughter with someone else, he didn’t really care for the name Artemis. I love Persephone though! My Daughter’s name is Pressley.:two_hearts:

Funny how the Karen’s, Judy’s, and Janet’s are the ones telling you to think of the poor child growing up :roll_eyes: unique names are fine, it’s not a fad, it’s giving your child something they can grow into and embrace as their own and not have 5 other people with the same name in every class. All of my kids have unique names and they all fit their names perfectly. And not a single one is bullied or singled out because of their badass names!

My son’s name is Tydus from Final Fantasy 7. :woman_shrugging:t2: (Spelled Tidus in the game but we changed it to a Y)

1 Like

I’m going through this right now! But I’m pretty dead set on
Persephonie Quinn
And we can call her Sophie for short

My daughters name is Zhalia

1 Like

Freyja ( fray ah ) , Anja ( on ya )

Nyx- Greek goddess of the night. Supposably she had such exceptional power and beauty that even Zeus feared her.

2 Likes

My daughters name is Persephone :heart::heart:

1 Like

“Roobie” after Doobie Brothers Band…not “Robbie”

1 Like

My daughter is Rea (Rhea) which is zues mother

1 Like

Thinkbabynames.com is my favorite way to search through all the options. It even gives you spelling variations and how popular the name is and of cause the meaning and origin. Many ways to search

My sons name is Eren from AoT. Not only bc I’ve been a fan since it released, but I’ve always loved the name :heart:

My daughters name is Astraea. Goddess of justice, innocence, purity and precision.

If we’d had a girl she would have been Rowan

1 Like

Denise… Goddess of wine :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Hera, Athena, Artemis, Iris, Persephone, Selene, Rhea, Eris. To name a few I like.

Delphi
Rhea
Aquila
Athena
Theodora
Macaria
Calliope

These were my girl names but I had a boy (his name is Theseus)

I was born in August :slight_smile: what about Tasma hahahahah

1 Like

Girl if you don’t name yo baby Susan and stamp that birth certificate…:woozy_face:

Aphrodite isn’t that uncommon! I know quite a few people with that name

Athena, Aurora, Tzanina

1 Like

Athena is my daughters name.

1 Like

I have an Artemis. :heart:

1 Like

these were our top pick girl names but I ended up with boys Kinsley hope, Haper Faith, Willow Rayne, Emmalyn Joy.

I always say…remember the child has to bear that name for the rest of their lives…so make sure it is not too outlandish … hope she likes whatever name you choose for her xx

3 Likes

Hera would be really pretty and it’s easier to pronounce so it wouldn’t be a mouthful for people in her life to say. (like friends and teachers) I loved the names Artemis, Calliope and Persephone when it came to the mythological names.

I LOVE the names Karliah (car-lie-uh) and Bellamy (Bell-uh-mee) for a girl. I even had my husband agree to both when I was pregnant with our second, whichever I chose. I ended up picking Bellamy Kaye for her, but the tech who did my ultrasound made a mistake, and Bellamy became Eli Marshall lol.

Here is a site that has a TON of names and who they were in the Greek mythology. 101 Baby Girl Names Inspired by Greek Mythology

My daughter is named Rhea. Her sister (sur name) Rhen :purple_heart:

1 Like

Give her a name that she will not be teased about. :blush:

1 Like

I have four girls
Delilah ,Madilyn, Penelope, & Genevieve

Just for the sake of saying: people worry a lot about being made fun of for unique names. But none of my kids have been made fun of for their names. And I stopped getting made fun of in the second grade and have had nothing but compliments ever since. Don’t let them pressure you out of having beautiful names.

Well, I wouldn’t name her Aphrodite because she’ll get made fun of. “Hermaphrodite”.

1 Like

Nevaeh is heaven spelled backwards

1 Like

Andrea (daughter of Athena)

1 Like

My son’s name is drizzt lol doesn’t matter if they are very uncommon pick what you like mama

Inanna “lady of the sky” goddess of love and war, personification of the morning and evening star

Amira means princess

Just remember they have to learn to spell it lol

1 Like

Selene :full_moon:
Rhea
Are my 2 faves from the Greek goddesses

Thais, Carys, Diana, Athena, to namw a few

No not me I had all boys

Danae or Denae is my daughters middle name. She was the mother of Perseus by Zeus.

I saw another mom on a group that’s naming her daughter Persephone

2 Likes

Do the unusual. You will never have to deal with getting her confused in class with another student. Just make sure it is something you are comfortable shouting angrily. (Sounds weird, but trust me)

1 Like

check out the bible, there are plenty of unique name, plus you might even learn something, Like Christ died for you on the cross, he died for all our sin’s.

1 Like

My mom has a friend named Aphrodite. She goes by Aphy and says she hates her name lol

OMG :flushed:
this poor kid, when she starts school… going to be teased mercilessly. Give her something at least halfway normal, or a normal sounding middle name that she can use. I feel sorry for her already. :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I suggest joining that name is a tragedeigh and run your names through them…

My daughter will be here in June, her name will be Zandaya.
Mine is vary unique it’s pronounced Lynn-zà

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Baby name ideas?

I get paid yesterday $18743 fro doing easy online work from home. joined 3 months ago and every month i am making more than $15k. best home based online job i have ever seen.
Details Here… http://onlinejobs327.surge.sh

Louis, Marcel, Lucius, Henry

Ophilia, Chloe, Opal, Lucia

Gavin Gabby Nash Ezra(boy/girl) Stella Amelia or Emilio

Ledger lance Lionel Luke calib, corbel,Collin, Calvin, Devin, Kevin, Kurt, Kyle, corben, Cole, Dakota, Kingston, Skylar, storm, sly, Gabe, doby, duke, Ethan, Erwin, Winston, Jaiden, Julian Joshua, Jude, Jax jackson, Brett, Brendon, brandon, bishop, justice, justin, Toro Troy Trey teat, Trent,Travis Carl, burke, buck, Elmo, Lorenzo, Alfonzo, Alfred, Alfredo, Reese, warrior, ward, champ, lucky, liam, beau, Boris, candor, Canton, Skylar, sky, river, lane, Scott, stretch, Arnie, gage, sage, sabbath, skate, Glen, grant, Wyatt, Ryan, Beckman, Bruno,
Booker, gaze, Clinton, Quinton, Marvin, Melvin, Marty, Mitch, Mitchell, herb, Owen, Oliver, Xavier, flip, honcho, Horatio, Derek, Denby, victor, hero, Isador Issac, ivan, Evan, Baxter, bray, brayson, Grayson, Travis, Hugh Hugo, Lionel, leo, Liam, Marc, Dexter, Brutus, blaze, rook, Nathaniel, Erwin, Aaron, axle, Curtis, Carter, macho, normen, Neil, Jordan, mason, lucky, Jarvis, Jube, Harpo, hulk, Nick, Linus, Baldwin, Cooper, Casper, Jasper, Joel, Jojo,. Honor, harl, Winston, Kingston, Emeril, Ernesto, Jude, Bronson, Clint, claude, Clyde, stone, Sloan, Zachary, yul, chase, Casey, Lenny, Kelly, jimba, Brit, Sullivan, soldier, tye, Taylor Tyler, Owen, Orville, Oscar, omen, Omar, Bryson, Ashton, Asher, aster, Kyle, Lyle, Benson, mork, Maurice, Nicholas, Nico, crayson, Dylan, Mickey, toro, zen, Alvin, Arthur, Bentley, brick, Ricardo, herb, Huntley, hunter, hardy, Clooney, Chavez, baron, Rudy, blaze, brazon, Wolfgang, talen, tyson, Tyrone, ward, warden, wyle, beacon, triumph, toby, royal, Cole,

Emma, Reese. Harlow, Wren, Vanity, kinley, Trinity, Boys Maddox, Xander, Linkin, Jaden,

1 Like

Jordan or Violet Jade

Faith hope liberty miracle, mercy, Macy, Trinity, tessa, trutti, Tyra, Tara, Felicia, foxy, Lola, Lila Delilah, jewel emerald, Emily esma, Erma, sparkle, Skylar snow, breezy, Bianca, brook Brooklyn, tayen dreams, ebony, Kinsley, kindra, Kaylee, violet, serenity twilight, twila, Mimi chastity, blare, Olivia, opal, dyna, Denise, Dorothea, delta, Della, yetta Zoey Chloe Courtney, mia Maya, marcella, charity, lucenda, charisma, fancy lacy, Marlo Margo, Marla, Marlene, Marlena, Mitzi, Julianne,juby, Claudia, Rita, Sonya, Morgan, Esther, flora, Marieta, Ashley, Kinsley, Tabitha, Tempie, drew, gayda, Reva, Reba, Rylee, Asia, Gilda, Gracie, grace, pippy, poppy, pia, Harlow, raven, ginger, tayen Valerie, Hannah, patience, pansy, Deana, Kia, Maureen, Shelby, Joyce, Jaycee, Jada, jade, penny, Parker, trutti, Tiffany, marcita, Rachel, Roxie, Thelma, Louise, Laney, Lana, Libby, Lorna, Lena, Naomi, Willa willow, Rhonda, Reese, slyvia, Sondra, blanch, bella, harrow, holly Haley, Ida, irá, Ellis, elsa, Eileen, Emmy Emma, Emily, Amelia, ava, Avon, donita, Doreen, Kiara, Kyra, Kelly, tiara, Blake, juicy, Lucy Brianne, Ariel, Alicia, Alyssa, missy, Madison, Myra, Melba, Zoe, Helena, Helen, Heidi, Hilda, jastine, jasmine, Rena Reyna, viola, Charissa, Brandi, Tami Shawn dawn Megan Malory, Maxine, Mable, swanda, skeeter, Doris, dora Lillian, lilac, lavender lily, rose, tulip, petunia, pansy, primrose, bracelyn, Joselyn Jacquelyn, Jackie, Eliza, zela, Salena, Sabrina, Sophia, Wanda, Matilda, Malinda,

Lorenzo ( Enzo )
Amelia ( Mia, milli, Amy)

1 Like

Juanita, Maria, Joseph and Jeramy.