Baby shower meal ideas for 30 people?

I’m hosting my SILs baby shower. I need meal ideas for a lunch to feed 30 people. The hall I’m renting has two ovens/stoves but I also live 10 min away so can just bring stuff. Any tips would be helpful as I rarely cook (but am a decent cook). Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Taco bar! They are always a huge hit! And the taco meat(s) can be kept warm in crockpots :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Mini coldcut sandwiches a couple salads chips always works for us

3 Likes

For my shower recently my mom and sister did a taco bar and had chips and dip etc. It was really simple easy to make and delicious! The simpler the better imo.

Crock pots of soup (broccoli cheese, tomato, chicken noodle, butternut squash, whatever suits the season), half sandwiches, chips & cupcakes. Just need spoons, bowls, plates, napkins, everyone serves themselves, hot soup stays hot, sandwiches are room temp, and you don’t have to run back and forth to the oven. Add whatever you want to drink.

Or just put out breads, wraps & sandwich fixings (meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, condiments) instead of pre-prepared sandwiches.

1 Like

Baked ziti, meatballs, crock pot of hot roast beef or roast pork for sandwiches, Potato salad, pasta salad, chips and dips

Chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, dip, fruit trays, veggie trays. Sherbert punch

BBQ nachos or sandwiches!

1 Like

Get some slow cookers and do chilli, stew, pulled pork :grinning:

1 Like

Pulled pork sandwiches :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Yep, was going to suggest Taco Bar as well!

2 Likes

Nacho bar, taco, bar, baked potato and salad bar, or sub sandwich bar. This way it’s minimal cooking and everyone can make their own to their liking.

Do a cheese ball …make some small chilli cups with the Fritos shaped like a cup fill with chilli add cheese sour cream lettuce tomato…or do minture wieners with the jelly and bbq in crockpot .chicken salad or spinish dip …

Spaghetti and garlic bread

1 Like

Depending on the time u could do brunch

Finger foods, chips and dip, and a vegetable tray

1 Like