Besr crock pot meals?

Whatsre some of your favorite crock pot meals? my husband tells me he doesnt like my cooking ( not in a mean way and at least he is honest) so i figured if i started cooking in a crock pot things would taste better?

7 Likes

Get a Pinterest, your welcome. Ask him what seasoning he doesn’t like and go from there. For example no zesty meals, or spicy. Or cook for himself since he wants to be impolite.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Besr crock pot meals? - Mamas Uncut

Try finding out what he likes to eat and how to make those things, like ask his opinion of what needs to change so you have an idea. It can be as simple as a textural thing, to much flavor, not enough flavor, ingredients, etc… you won’t know until you ask him. Also Youtube, cook books, facebook groups things like that.

3 Likes

Well, first maybe sort out what he’s not liking…I was cooking with way too much salt for the LONGEST time before I finally got my family to tell me. It might be something as simple as that.

1 Like

Chicken, covered in cream of mushroom and onion soup mix or chicken with dry ranch seasoning.

Meatballs, bbq sauce and a lil grape Jelly in crockpot. Put on sub bun, add Provolone and put in air fryer.

My kids don’t object to a crock pot meal, but my son says anything I cook in the crock I’ve made it better cooked another way.

Look on Pinterest for crockpot meals then, read the ingredients and see if it sounds good.

1 Like

Throw a roast in with beefy onion soup mix and just enough hot water to dissolve no more than 1/2 cup

I made an easy meal in the crockpot yesterday. I have a large crockpot, and a large family, so I doubled this recipe…
Lubricate crockpot (I use a spray, but you can use butter if you choose)
Lay 4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the bottom
Cover with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
Pour contents of one pouch of stove top stuffing over the soup
Pour 1 - 2 cups of chicken broth over the stuffing mix to soften the stuffing (I used 2 packages of stuffing over 8 thighs & a large can of soup, so I used 2 cups of broth for the stuffing)

That’s it. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.

When it’s done, just give it a good stir … chicken & stuffing!

I steamed a package of frozen broccoli florets as a side.

You can also cook a roast … get a nice Chuck roast, cover it with a can of cream of mushroom soup, then add a can or two of DRAINED mushroom pieces. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Serve it with mashed potatoes and whole green beans. I cheat … when I don’t feel like making homemade mashed potatoes, I buy the “Bob Evans” mashed potatoes in the refrigerator section at the store. They are always so good … much better than instant potatoes. They only take 6 minutes to heat up in the microwave.

Another crockpot idea is get a bag of frozen Italian meatballs, or cocktail weiners, add a bottle of Kraft bbq sauce (or your favorite bbq sauce), and let them cook on low for a few hours. You can make a pot of rice to serve with it, if you like.

Another meal I made recently was “beef tips”. Place 2 pounds of stew meat in the bottom of the crockpot. Add a package of beefy onion soup mix and a package of au jus gravy mix to 2 cups of beef broth & mix it all together, them pour it over the stew meat. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. If the sauce is too soupy for you when it’s done cooking, you can add about 1/4 cup of flour to thicken it into a gravy. Then I boiled a bag of medium egg noodles, and mixed the cooked noodles in with the meat. It was awesome!

I Google most of my recipes, and alter them to my own taste. Good luck!

I love cooking in the Instapot/crockpot. Depends on who all is eatting with using mushrooms and onions. A big fave around here is pork chops in mushroom soup. I Brown first in a skillet with butter and seasonings then put in the pot with soup and slowcook all day. My son likes when I add rice to thicken the soup.

Maybe speak to his mum , ask her to either suggest some meal he likes or better still ask her to help prepare some meals .

pinterest is the best for crockpot recipes

1 Like

Rack of ribs
Mac-n-cheese

Maybe you could suggest he cook a meal with you, tell him you would like his involvement in preparing the meal, even if it’s on the weekend

Crack chicken. Mississippi pot roast, tortellini soup

Suggest to sit down and make a weekly meal plan with his input. That way there is no complaints. Should he not want a certain ingredient omit it ie:onions or too much salt garlic… something like that. But if he plain out can’t stand your cooking after the feel free to hand over the kitchen and allow him to fulfill the obligations!
Happy relationships start in the kitchen :fire:

Find out what he doesn’t like. What he does like. Go from there

Mix 2 big cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 can of water together. Throw in some chicken breast. Cook 4 hrs on high. Use a mixer and shred the chicken. Take 2 cans of biscuits and flatten then. Cut with a pizza cutter into small pieces and put in the chicken mix. Cook another hour. Bam easy chicken and dumplings. My family loves it.

1 Like

Bone in pork chops, season and brown them in pan, packet pork gravy mix (directions on package) pour over chops add mushroom cook on low 6 to 7 hours sooo good