Best beaches to visit with kids?

Not really mom related, except I’m a mom trying to plan a fun family vacation! Best family friendly beaches on the east coast? Mostly towards north south Carolina, virgina,Maryland, Delaware. Open to other states to though. Want to take my kids to see the ocean but also be in a safe town with things to do.

3 Likes

Emerald Isle in North Carolina!

Ocean city MD is amazing and has so many things to do kid friendly. Went last year and already booked for this year!

Surfside sc… not crowded, beautiful

Love the Delaware beaches: Rehoboth, Bethany & Fenwick Island. Quieter & family friendly. Virginia Beach has a lot going on but also attracts lots of wild young people. Ocean City Maryland is a zoo with lots of loud drunks. Myrtle Beach is nice, Duck is quieter.

Outer banks Nc. We love it and take the kids every year

I live in NC and we go to Holden Beach NC every year with all the kiddos…Holden Beach, Ocean Isle, Emerald Isle, any of those are family friendly.

Caswell beach (Oak Island) is very peaceful, Virginia Beach has a lot to do on the strip, Wrightsville Beach is also nice.

Stay away from Virginia Beach there’s too many people here as is :joy:

We stayed at wildwood Nj 2 years ago. The boardwalk has tons of stuff and plenty of room for everyone to spread out on the beach. Cape may is a short 20 mins away and you can find cape may “diamonds” on their shore. Cape may also has a free zoo to take the kids. We also took a boat trip on the starlight fleet for a 2 hour cruise the evening one. Was pretty cheap included pizza and the kids loved it. We stayed at the royal Canadian hotel and I highly suggest it. It was very clean and the pool was nice.

Hey lady! You should download the free app called BEACHEO. It has all the saltwater beaches in USA and PR, tells you about parking, life guards and even kid friendly beaches(bathrooms, playgrounds, food options) Its super helpful, check it out! :blush::heart: