Best bottle for babies?

My baby girl was 18 days early. We’re now almost 3 weeks old and still struggle with bottles … She drowns herself or when drinking so much pours out onto neck and clothes. I’ve bought dr Brown with preemie nipples still same thing. We’re using bottles from hospital but nipples are getting worn out. Any advice on a good bottle and nipple

10 Likes

You can order the enfamil premie nipples online, which are the ones the hospital uses.

1 Like

You can use a plastic spoon too.

1 Like

Are you pacefeeding? Pacefeeding is recommended for all bottle feeding, formula included :purple_heart:

1 Like

Don’t order them!!! Her doctor will have some in office. Just ask them for a sample premie nipple. Mine gave me a whole bag pull of them

1 Like

Dr Brown ultra preemie. My daughter was 11 weeks early and this is all she could use

1 Like

My son was born at 35 weeks. My favourite for him was the Tommy tipee newborn bottles with the stage 1 nipple. I always pace fed as well. But that was mainly because he was being supplemented eye the bottle and breast fed. But it slowed the flow

Only put 2 oz in the bottle, if she needs more then make another, but more liquid pushes it out the nipple faster (if you can make it separate and pour in 1 oz at a time that would be even better) Sit her up more so the bottle is level with the floor as well.

2 Likes

Slow flo nipples could help!

My LO was this way and we found the tommee tippee ones to work the best.

1 Like

Get the pallet at top of her mouth checked my son was the same an turns out he has a high pallet

1 Like

We had the same problem switched to tommie tippe extra slow. Size 0 not 1 which is 0 to 6 months

Try getting a stage one or preemie nipple. You can special order them online

I use mam. They are the only one my daughter really likes

2 Likes

Tommee tippee size zero nipples were perfect for my daughter - she would cough and splutter and she would lose half of it out of her mouth when we tried the size one so we went to zeros and she’s perfectly comfortable when feeding now

2 Likes

I loved the advent drop ins. They don’t create that vacuum the liner just claps while they eat. Plus they have a wide nipple. I had a problem with dr browns because my daughter would suck the whole nipple not just the tip

1 Like

Playtex drop ins, nipples are most shaped like a breast and you can remove all the air from the bottle.

You should have baby evaluated for ties by a lactation consultant, but until then try upright/paced feeding

You need a different nipple

Have her checked for tongue-tie.

Just buy new nipples. Sometimes that helps. You just need to know the brand and select a flow you need. And look it up online to order. Sometimes Walmart has certain nipples as well.

I used nuk for both my preemie babies but also check to see if they have a lip or tongue tie that can cause issues