Best bottles for newborns?

I had a premie. She hated every nipple we tried for the first month or so till we found a company called Dr. Browns

All mine had tommee tippee x

Dr brown with new born nipples. My son was picky with bottles and the Dr brown was all he would accept. If you feel something boob shaped would be helpful try nanobebe. They weren’t our favorite as my son didn’t like the nipples but a lot of others deemed them a saving grace due to shape

Mam worked best for my boys

Pigeon slim neck! Before my newborn has surgery she would take avent teat and then after her surgery she now only takes rhe pigeon slim neck and loves it

Tommee Tippee anti colic

You could try laying down and feeding baby that way you can nap while they are feeding. I understand this isn’t the safest option but this is the only way my baby sleeps and feeds propley

Dr.browns, the NICU even recommends and uses them here

We always did dr brown bottles, however they didn’t go over well with my youngest so we switched to Boon brand bottles and they’re amazing and don’t have as many parts to clean and no little pieces or weird brushes are needed for them. They’re also great for breastfed babies. They’re similar to drop in bottles but they’re shorter and wider and the liners are reusable liners not disposables. They’re also super cute bottles!

Boon, NURSH Reusable Silicone Pouch Bottle, Air-Free Feeding, 4 Ounce with Stage 1 Slow Flow Nipple (Pack of 3), Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLBYR22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DFH71HNTV34JVP0Z90PD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Saving this cuz ima need some soon​:crossed_fingers::grin:

Mam are the all time BEST

It’s trial & error. I had 1 that would only take the breast. 1 was on Playtex. The other would only use the cheap ones. Wish I knew that before I spent all the money on the “closer to breast” type nipples.

Dr Brown for all 3 of mine

Which ever bottle they like. I have 4 boys all 4 did different bottles. There is no BEST. Buy a couple of a few kinds and go with what works. Like diapers and pacifiers what is BEST for your baby is different that others Keep trying until it clicks

4 Likes

My girls switched back and forth between breast and como tomo really well

1 Like

Depends on what the kiddo likes. Mine liked Avent Naturals.

We used the nipples from the hospital on the little 2 ounce bottles with both kids for a week or two. Then the oldest switch to Gerber then youngest it took alot of trial and error and we ended up with envenflo bottles only available at Toys R Us :joy:
They both switched to Dr. Brown’s when they got bigger around 3 or 4 months.

I wanted them to like the simple avent bottles but they hated them :confused:

Every baby is different.

My son liked avent my daughter likes Mam

I liked the Avent bottles

My middle used Dr brown’s, my youngest would use Comotomo and I just bought Nanobebe for baby girl due in July…it’s really about trying untill you find one they like unfortunately

My son would only use MAM bottles

Dr Browns are amazing! My baby has a cleft and when she could use a bottle that’s what we had to use for her because they make a special piece for the nipple for cleft babes.

Dr Brown. They help decrease gas.

My oldest liked MAM, my 5 year old liked the dollar store brand and my youngest liked the drop-ins

My daughter only used MAM

Dr Browns bottles! they helped SO much with my sons gas

My daughter loved the mam brand

I had to try different ones with both of my kids. My youngest loved the Gerber ones and my oldest loved the Nuk

MAM and dr. Browns is what my newborn goes between

Tommee teepee. We tried 5 different bottles before we found one my baby would take!

Mam and platex were my kids favorite

Dr. Brown bottles are what I used for my 2 older kids. Pregnant with baby #3 and plan on using the same with him that his brother used. They were the best.

My breast fed liked times tippee when I was working. My son started on dr brown because nicu ( breast milk on bottle) but from that to breast n sippee by 5 months. I just picked one , stayed consistent and never offered a pacifier.

My 1st never took a bottle. My 2nd liked MAM & Lansinoh mOmma bottles

Same problem here​:sob::tired_face:
My daughter is one week and doesn’t like any bottles

Try nanobebe they resemble a mother’s breast, my son is 4months and that’s what I been using for him. The one is for breast milk and the other is for formula.

Avent with the green air free inserts.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best bottles for newborns? - Mamas Uncut

Mam. My breastfed tongue tied babies did well with these

Dr. Browns saved us from colic and offers 4 stages of nipples to control flow

3 Likes

Both of mine preferred Dr Brown when they were tiny and as they got older preferred Nuk (as did I because there’s less pieces to wash lol)

Depends on the baby… some like the wider nipple, some don’t. For me it was trial and error and I used different bottles for each of my 5.

Lansinoh mOmma or mam

Both of my sons only took the cheap $1 Walmart bottles. Spent hundreds on “good bottles” and they would gag and choke or just refuse the nipple altogether

Depends on the baby, my oldest needed expensive bottles while my youngest hated them and liked the cheap ones best

I had to get premie nipples for my bottles and it made a HUGE difference. My son is 8 months and can still only handle the premie flow in the bottle.

Been many many years, but my girls used a disposable liner bottle with a small nipple on it. I think resembled the real deal so they took to it faster.

Tommee Tippee closer to nature

My NICU preemie grandsons had to have Dr.Brown.

My 3 boys did dr browns but my daughter is still doing well with avent

Comotomo were our favorite with our youngest he also liked tommee tippee

There is no one best bottle it’s what will your baby take and not get gas from. Get a couple brands and try then

We bought my grandaughter 6 different bottles n style of nipples. She will only take MAM.

Highly recommend dr. Browns wide neck bottles

MAM i swear by these

1 Like

Philips avent naturals

Tommy tippi nuk or advent

We started with dr brown and went to playtex

One of our twins uses Dr Brown’s the other uses Avent

Dr brown bottles and also playtex ventaire have been the best for my newborn. He’s not picky with bottles but I’ve tried a few different brands with him and he just keeps his milk down better with those two brands

1 Like

My son loves the Tommee Tippee bottles. We tried a few different ones but this was his favorite

1 Like

I’m in the same boat​:weary: my daughter is almost one month and still doesn’t like drinking from bottle :sob:

Tommee tippee and playtex bottles

Unless you are trying to breastfeed and bottle feed, then the baby shouldn’t have an issue with the bottle. There is no right bottle to use. Try different ones to find one the baby likes. But if you started with a bottle the baby should have no issue with it. If you are breastfeeding then you should definitely wait at least a few weeks to a month before trying to introduce a bottle. Also don’t expect your newborn to sleep all night. Babies don’t sleep. Especially newborns. They need to eat every two hours in the first few months. If your baby is waking at night he/she is hungry. Don’t try to force your baby to skip feedings. It will be a long time for baby to sleep all night.

I’ve used Tommy Tippee bottles. They worked great for all 3 of my kids.

I used dr browns from day one for my babies. They’re great bottlesv

1 Like

Mam worked for my baby

The first years gumdrop bottles are all my youngest would take without any issues!

I love the Avent Bottles

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best bottles for newborns? - Mamas Uncut

Dr. Brown with my 1st and Mam with my 2nd.

These worked really well for us! Also, something I honestly didn’t know until after birth was check nipple sizes. Could be too much of a flow, or too little.

We used avent and it worked really well for both my kids.

(My second had a bit of bottle refusale it took a bit of time but she takes them.)

I loved all Medela products

Dr browns and Avent worked really well for me

1 Like

Dr browns… check nipple size as well they all come with 1 but it may be too fast for your little one. :purple_heart:

I used the tommee tippie ones with my 3rd, it was the only one she’d take for a long time after being breastfed.

I only used platex bottles for my 3 children my grandson liked the advent

Only ones that worked for us were avent

You can get extra slow teats XX

Dr brown is the only bottle my newborn daughter would take and nuk is what my two boys would only take just try to get one each till you find the one you’re baby likes good luck

1 Like

Nuk my daughter wouldn’t use anything else

Mine loved mam bottles

I had the same issue. My baby was stuck on the disposable nipples that go with the premade bottles from the hospital. For the first 3 weeks I was buying disposable nipples which were $1 a piece! I went through atleast 8-10 brands including mam, avent, tomme tippee, nuk, playtex bag bottles. The parents choice Walmart brand bottles. Everything I could find at the store. All of them even ones specifically designed not to give gas or colic. Gave my daughter horrible trapped gas and she was miserable. The only bottles I have found to work with her system are Dr. Browns

I read this as “beer bottles for newborns” :grimacing::joy::joy:

1 Like

I like the Avent natural. My daughter had no issues going back and forth between breast and bottle

Dollar store bottles. They work just fine.

My younger son had a very small mouth and only the playtex bottles worked for him.

My daughter only liked mam bottles. Refused all others. We tried several in the nicu and that was the only one

Both my babies liked the evenflo

We did nuk for our son. We have yet to try bottles with our newest. Hes 3 weeks old

We used munchkin latch

Como tomo bottles !!!

I was using avent at first. Now we are using tommee tippee

My daughter really enjoyed the mam bottles. I did as well since you can sterilize them in the microwave after washing them. Made my life a million times easier and she wouldn’t go for any other bottle (or pacifier)

Tommee Tippee with both of my boys

Playtex ventaire I love that they have a small nipple and the wide top you can have a baby in your arms and still make a bottle easily.