Best brand of formula for breastfed baby?

Best brand of formula for a breastfed baby? My 2 month old isnt doing well with my breastmilk

1 Like

Are you drinking a lot of lactose? Baby may be sensitive to it. You could try altering your diet a little, or if you are set on formula I would try Sensitive formula. I would ask babys doctor before making any changes however

1 Like

it kind of depends on the baby. Some parents have to try multiple formulas before they find one thats right for their baby.
I suggest talking to your babies pediatrician for recommendations.
At most hospitals, for bottle feed babies, they usually start them on enfamil, so you could try starting with that.

2 Likes

I personally have had the best experience with Gerber formulas. They have hydrolyzed proteins that are easier to digest vs the other brands have whole proteins.
You could try an elimination diet to see if your baby is suffering from food allergy/ sensitivity. You would need to remove all potential allergens for at least 2 weeks and see how your baby is doing. You can then, one by one in 2 week increments, add allergens back one at a time until you’ve found your culprit.
If you try dairy elimination, you’ll want to eliminate cows milk proteins instead of focusing on lactose. True lactose intolerance is rare (and often misdiagnosed and mistaken for milk protein allergy) because lactose is the natural carbohydrate in milk of mammals, including humans.
If your baby just isn’t growing well and needs more calories, there are breast milk fortifiers you can buy that will add extra nutrients and calories to your milk.