Best childrens cough medicine?

What do yall recommend for children cough medicine ? Something that actually works please ! I’m so tired of being up at night cause I’m constantly making sure they dont end up throwing up with so much coughing All reactions:

5 Likes

1 oz of lime juice warmed then add 1 teaspoon of raw honey, works amazing

1 Like

Sounds crazy, but have you tried the onion in the sock trick? Or vicks on their feet with socks on before bed. I only used the onions in desperate times but sometimes old wives tales really work :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There is a homeopathic med from the brand Hylands that is supposed to help with cough recommended from 2+ but delsym cough is good for 4+. Also, lime and honey on a spoon coats the throat at any age. You can also make your own tea too.

It depends on the age of your child. Some OTC medicine can be dangerous. I would consider taking your child to the doctor and ask. Especially if the cough is keeping your child up at night. May need something stronger than an OTC medicine.

I second Hyland cold and cough, the night time works best for us. We have also used Zarabees cold medicine and it was descent, the flavor sucked but what we could manage our kids to take, worked.

Put some Vics vaporub on the bottom of their feet and put socks on over it. I use to do this for my kids. I swear it works

3 Likes

Hott Bedtime tea with honey before bed always helps my kids throats and coughs ,natural chest rub,and waterless vaporizer helps too that’s what I use cough meds I do the Sudafed brand sinus cough&cold

What does the pediatrician say?

Hyland cold and cough, it’s unflavored as well

Zarbees also put Vicks vapor rub on feet and cover with socks it works wonders

Acdolintopent works for my kids and myself

Robotussin with honey works great

Prescription bromfed pseudoephedrine dm syrup if the child is over 2.