Best online homeschool?

Under the circumstances I am going to have to homeschool our daughter. What’s the best home schooling site to go through? Our daughter has been bullied and beat since pre school so for 3 years and nobody don’t want to do their job. So I have no choice but to home school her. We’re in Washington state. Thank you all!

21 Likes

It really depends if you want a religious aspect or a non conventional. I would ask locally to where you are. There are also co ops that swap teaching and subjects which allows interactions and new learning styles

3 Likes

Easy Peasy :blush: there are many other options for homeschooling if that is something you would be interested in looking at otherwise you could also consider distance learning (online learning) through a school around your area (if they have that option).
Best of luck to your daughter and family x

We love Acellus Academy and Abeka Academy

1 Like

Connections Academy, it’s available in most (if not all) states. I finished my last 2 years of high school on it and it made me go from failing to straight As.

I’m my state we as parents can press charges

4 Likes

Brittany N Austin who do you use?

We really like Penn Foster, personally.

I would call every local new station and tell them to inquire about why nothing is being done. I’m in SC and our news stations will dig to find the answer as to why no one cares. They don’t like having that negativity about them in the news. Best of luck! Call the state board of education and ask them

5 Likes

Idk about a site like that but if you choose to do your own curriculum you can try easy peasy

1 Like

Your poor daughter, that isn’t fair to her or your family

K12 is what my oldest is in…the HS she was in was getting ridiculously dangerous and they wouldn’t let them go to the bathroom. Pissed me off so I took her out asap

K12/ connections academy. It’s free.

Im sorry to hear of what you and your kiddo are going through. We did 5 years of free online public school with Washington Virtual Academy/Stride (k12.com). When my kids eventually went into public school, teachers were impressed at how well educated they were and asked what program we used. It was an easy to use, quality learning program. I acted as their learning coach and their teachers and the online curriculum taught them the information.

We use Time4Learning in Tennessee not sure what you’re requirements are there. Some states make it so simple while others almost intentionally make it seem impossible.

Look up hslda to find out homeschool laws in Washington. It’s a repressive state but doable

Penn foster screwed my daughter’s work up. They don’t by grades persay. Like ninth grade or 10th grade. They go by what the kid knows and averages it. So if they’re better at math then reading. Their math may be grade level but reading won’t be so they register her as a lower grade. It screwed her up when we tried to change to connections academy

It depends on your area & how much you’re willing to spend. I’m in a similar situation. In Illinois there’s no free virtual academies. Others cost $200+ a month. I can’t afford that.

(If you’re in Illinois & know of a free or cheap virtual school plmk)

K12 … I hope you’ve contacted your states school association and also the superintendent the principal … also when telling them about the bullying do it thru email because then they can’t claim they never got it because you can prove it’s their emails too if you go to your local school district website and get the emails from there. You need to contact everyone possible thru email for you have proof you’ve contacted them. If problem isn’t resolved accordingly I suggest going to a news tv station and telling them and showing them all the emails and watch how quickly the bullying stops cause schools don’t like bad attention on them but I guarantee your child isn’t the only one.

I recently delved into the world of crypto investing, and it’s been nothing short of life-changing! With the help of an amazing mentor, I’ve seen my investments flourish and experienced an exhilarating journey. If you’re curious about crypto, Reach out.

Connection academy is really good. I had my son do home schooling through them

1 Like

I loved k12 because it’s mastery based so kids can skip sections they’ve “mastered” and take time to focus on learning gaps. It’s also less intrusive than connections academy who wanted to have a set schedule and be up in all my private home affairs.

K12 is amazing. My daughter has been using it for several years. It is great and the teachers are awesome. It is free and they send you everything needed, including a laptop and printer.

Look up Washington State Cyber Academy and it has a bunch of results.