Best play makeup for toddlers?

I have a 3 year old girl who watches me apply makeup all the time. She is a get in the dirt girl but wants a dress on and lovvveesss makeup. She is asking for makeup for Christmas. She has only put real makeup on once but I think if I get her pretend she will be disappointed. Any suggestions on makeup for littles that are nontoxic or should I go fake? Help a mama out!

7 Likes

Maybe shop 5 below if you have one near you!

My girls used my old makeup and dollar tree make up! Now as a teenager and almost teenager they are Ulta and Sephora obsessed…

I haven’t been able to find any non toxic makeup. But…toddlers go through it fast, I’ve found the cheapest at places like Ross, Burlington etc

Elf, Wet n Wild, clear glosses, real brushes, but neutral colors…etc

my daughter loved this to play with. it’s plastic not real.

Be inspired make up kit at walmart :sparkles::heart_eyes::ok_hand:

My 9 year old recently asked for makeup and my first thought was cheap. After looking around I decided to purchase from ulta (black Friday deals) I want good quality makeup on my daughter’s skin rather then just going for cheap. I got her a nice set for 15 bucks!

3 Likes

I would just get cheap decent brands and avoid the kids stuff. Elf, things like that

I would suggest Ilia, Crunchi, or Honest (the more affordable option honestly). A 3 year old’s skin tends to be more sensitive than an adult. So I wouldn’t buy play make up.

In my opinion 3 years is way to early to get makeup fake or not but if you are set on getting some I’d get fake. Whether it’s toxic or nontoxic there skin at that age is so sensitive I wouldn’t risk letting her out real make up on

1 Like

Elf, Wet and Wild, Ulta brand, Avon. If you shop at Macys and go to the cosmetic counters, they may have samples you can have.

Always get real makeup. Not the play makeup. Even if it’s the cheaper stuff it’s better. Kids play makeup is sold as a “toy” and doesn’t have to legally pass the same standards as adult makeup even though it’s still going on the skin. My daughter ended up in the hospital with a severe allergic reaction to kids makeup once.

There’s nothing wrong with getting her make up to play with , but , I will not go for the cheapest becasue they can irritate her skin ( little kids have very sensitive)
I will go with elf , wet and wild …. Also this is the best moment to buy them , there is special offers every where

She’s 3. I doubt if she will know the difference! And remember, real makeup is designed to last and may stain clothes.

Maybe I’m old skool but I think that’s too young
She has many years ahead for makeup ….

U could also buy the makeup through the company that’s called Essence and it’s safe. I’ve used it on my son for Halloween and it’s nontoxic and completely harmless for children and animals

I read somewhere that kids play make up isn’t regulated and has all kinds of terrible stuff in it better to get drug store make up that isn’t super expensive

1 Like

Be careful if she has sensitive skin. My niece loved to play with makeup as a child. We got her the play makeup for kids and she was severely allergic to something in it. She’s a teenager now and wears makeup daily and has only ever had issues with the fake makeup for kids.

A 3 year old and makeup? I can’t be the only mom mind blown here, right?

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you have rejected store near
You
But they have some great kids make believe make up that is non toxic
From memory kmart also have them

Seriously just get a big fluffy brush and some cheap blush. Kept my nephew occupied for a long time.

2 Likes

I got my daughter fake at 3, and she was pretty disappointed. At that age, they will blow through it quick, so affordable okay quality in small pallet packages, so they don’t blow through all they get in one go.

5 below has cheap make up sets. I just got my girls make up sets from ulta on black Friday for 14 99 and 19.99.

No no no on fake kids play makeup. Elf is a great low cost brand

They do sell it on Amazon.
I just buy literal dollar tree makeup and she is only allowed to play with it when I do mine. They do have non toxic.
They have eye shadow pencils or did. I use them and I’m allergic to a lot of makeup. Translucent powder is also a plus.
There is a lot of nontoxic stuff at shoppers but it kinda a bit $$ for a toddler.

I rembr having fake plastic makeup as a very young kid bc I wanted makeup so bad with 2 older sisters that wore it.
the kit had a lot of fakes that looked like different makeups, but the actual kit only consisted of chapstick/balm very light blush and one eyeshadow lol
maybe Google search kits like that, I’ve got no idea if they still exist

3 year old is way to young, you are going to ruin her face

Amazon.com
Walmart. Com

I just looked it up on Amazon a bunch of stuff popped up but this one looks perfect for a 3 yr old :heart: just be careful with stuff with her eyes I got a crazy eye infection once from a mascara and my eye swelled shut at work

1 Like

When my niece wanted it for Christmas last year I just got her lipgloss, eyeshadows and a little compact with powder. She was also 3 and I knew she couldn’t apply mascara and foundation right. I also got her different nail polish and some press on nails. She wanted to fix my makeup instead of her own mainly though.

I only use adult stuff since I know it’s good quality. Wet n Wild makes good, cheap products!

I like the petite n pretty makeup for young ones, but it is pricey. I would just do some clear lipgloss for now.

Idk about “best” but i wish i would of just gotten my daughter all wet n wild make up as she started having fun with makeup. Play makeup always seemed harder to wipe off than regular cheap makeup. Like u can get a pallet of like 5 to 10 eye shadows for &5 and under from wet n wild and lots of colors. 99 cent lip liners and lipsticks. Don’t listen to anyone who says “she’s too young” ur never too young to start having fun with make up! Esp if its just playing around the house! I remember before i got my daughter any of her own make up, i got woken up one suuuper early morning hearing “look mommy! Look!” I opened my eyes and her face was just covered in my makeup lol. Ruined some of it. One memory ill always remember

I bought this for my granddaughter for Christmas it’s non toxic and washable. I know they sell it on Amazon