Best sunscreen for kids?

Hey mamas, I was just wondering as the weather is getting nicer and the sun is out more, what is the best sunscreen to use on my little one, he is only 10 months old and I have heard some sunscreens aren’t great to use so I just wanna know the best one to buy. Thanks!

3 Likes

Don’t use sunscreen. It isn’t safe for anyone. So many chemicals in it. :grimacing: they make lightweight shirts to allow coverage, while avoiding overheating. Hats, sunglasses, just make sure the skin is covered.

1 Like

Babyganics brand. Only one I’ll use

These are the 2 I use and absolutely love both of them.

This is the list that my Ped has up in the office for sunscreen recommendations. I typically just use whatever is on sale. Usually Meijer brand SPF 50.

Lidl sun cream is amazing look at the star rating on bottles though xx

I used neutrogena ultra sheer for the first time this weekend and was SO happy with it! Normally my kids burn thru sunscreen even and they didnt this time. And it wasnt greasy either.

List of worst sunscreens

Children under a year old don’t make melanin and pediatritions reccommend that you do not use sunscreen on children under 12 months, so it’s best to have them wear SPF blocking clothes and a large brimmed hat when out in the sun.

4 Likes

Anything more than spf30 uva uvb protection is a waste really, and anything with zinc. When you plan to be out n about put it on your lo 20 or mins prior at your home. Keep reapplying how much the bottle sats, if dont say do about every half hr for heavy sun exposure but if your in plenty of shade or have him clothed well or under an umbrella every HR. The temp can have a lot to do with how often to apply to- rays are stronger so be sure if it’s real hot out to watch you may need to do 20mins apart even with shade.

1 Like

Shea butter or coconut oil. Commercial sunscreen is poison and promotes skin cancer. Look online for homemade sunscreen. Wellnessmama.com

We use Vanicream sunscreen as well as UPF rated bathing suits and rash guards (long sleeves always!).

Are higher SPF sunscreens better? How to pick the right protection | CTV News

anything above 30 is basically baking extra unneeded chemicals into your skin. SPF 30 is the most common level for most people and skin types.

“No sunscreen can block all UV rays, but what we do know is: SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB rays, SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays and SPF 50 blocks 98% of UVB rays. So, the difference between 30 and 50 is about 1 percent”

We loooove thinkBaby. It is one of the only sunscreens that doesn’t cause a rash on my fair skinned daughter.

We use baby coppertone sun screen 50spf

My son is the same age and his Pediatrician recommends Babyganics. It has zinc and works great for my kiddos. They both have very fair skin and it’s the only one my almost 2 year old doesn’t get a rash from. So I love it. And it doesn’t have a smells really either.

1 Like

Water babies is what I’ve always used for my kids when they were little and it always worked great but I also used hats and t-shirts and made them take breaks in the shade.