Best underwear after giving birth?

Hey mama’s! I’m due in a few weeks and was wondering what’s the more comfortable underwear after birth? I’m wearing maternity now under the belly. With my other I’ve gotten giant granny panties but it was just so huge lol. Thanks!

10 Likes

I bought depends with my 4th. Best decision I ever made! Way more comfortable than wearing a huge pad. Honestly, I had such a hard time switching back to regular underwear when the bleeding was done. :rofl:

I love mama cotton from Amazon, they are for pregnancy and cover your whole bump but you can wear them through postpartum to kinda hug your tummy. Hold my pads well too

Diapers my friend. Diapers :sob::joy::heart:

My sister bought me some just black Amazon Basics underwear for after I had a c-section and really they worked just fine. They were high enough to not rest on my incision, but weren’t huge and bulky like granny panties.

I wore diapers at first and the Amazon basics underwear after I stopped bleeding so heavily.

I literally wore depends for like 2 weeks atleast. It was way more comfortable than pads

Adult diapers!! Used them with my 2020 baby and will be using them again in a few weeks when I give birth,:blush:

High rise period panties! I had Hanes ones, they help absorb anything that comes through your mommy pads.

I highly recommend Always Discreet disposable underwear! I have had two surgeries this summer and wore them post op both times so I wouldn’t pee my pants because of taking longer to get to the bathroom. They are actually very comfortable.

3 Likes

I’m big on wearing depends after birth lol they have ones that are actually pretty comfortable!

My hubby’s boxers were the most comfortable for me lol they held the huge pad in place perfectly :smile:

2 Likes

I just wore bikini underwear and a pad I didn’t bleed much after three days .

Dollar general grannie panties and pads lol

Honestly those crappy ones they send home with you that’s like netting haha they are the best haha I always grabbed and extra pair haha for the next few days

Something that can snuggly hold a pad and not make you feel like you’re wearing a diaper.

I’m telling you the mesh ones from the hospital are amazing. Most of the nurses are super nice and will give you extra ones as well as the pads and ice packs.

4 Likes

Diapers. Honestly for a month or two that’s all I wore, I didn’t have to worry when I laughed or sneezed or anything like that plus they’re excellent with blood.

I loved the Joyana brand from Walmart for when I was ready to wear underwear again. Very soft and stretchy plus cheap (which is nice for obvious reasons).

I used diapers until my bleeding stopped. They are surprisingly comfortable and I could wear jeans with the diaper with no visible difference. Just make sure you get scent free bc it’ll sting

2 Likes

I also used diapers lol. Didn’t really care if anyone noticed, as long as I didn’t bleed everywhere :joy:

1 Like

I asked the hospital for extra of the underwear they give and lived on those undies until I was done bleeding.

First, extra mesh panties from the hospital (love!!!) Second, Kindred Bravely. They were flexible stretchy enough that the huge pad-ice pack combo trick I learned from the nurses held in without over stretching. Super soft, super cute, super comfy, and they last forever.

For those curious, The Trick: put the monster pad in the panties first, take a long disposable ice pack and layer it on the pad, spray the ice pack with lidocaine. Swelling and pain went down super fast, and it felt so good.

I never had kids, but I did have a hysterectomy and those mesh undies that the hospital had were magical. I took like 3 packs home.

4 Likes

I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I used these immediately after birth and they were a godsend and cheaper than marketed postpartum underwear

Honestly? Disposable briefs (like depends) with the pads from the hospital.

Granny panties ftw :laughing: just do some sizing (or buy multiple sizes) before birth.

1 Like

I used diapers until my bleeding stopped and didn’t wear underwear until after my stitches came out.

the hospital gives you those super stretchy disposable underwear to wear in hospital and gives you a pack of them to take home. You can actually handwash them and let air dry to wear a few times each

The mesh ones the hospital gives you, you can order on Amazon fairly cheap

I bought high rise period panties off Amazon and I also bought postpartum reusable pads I bought those from a private seller. But if your interested in reusable pads for postpartum I can give you a few peoples names that sell them. They are pricey but are reusable. If you use tic tok then look up reusable pads.

I can’t say enough that you should continue to wear compression around your abdomen for six weeks after birth. It really helps everything heal back where it’s supposed to be. ESPECIALLY if you have a C Section. These were my favorite: https://a.co/d/812E4K9

Mesh Underwear Postpartum 5 Count Disposable Hospital Underwear Mesh Panties for C-Section Underwear https://a.co/d/3TKEtC9

Frida Mom has disposable underwear specifically for the immediate postpartum period. Once lochia stops, I recommend seamless high waisted quick dry underwear. It is breathable, comfortable, and not expensive.

I bought microfiber ones at Aldi that didn’t have elastic at the legs or waist.

I wore always women’s diapers. They were perfect