Best way to boost a toddlers immunity?

We got vitamin C, elderberry and cold calm In rotation due to it being flu and cold season.
Her daycare just shut down till the 6th due to covid cases with 2 of the teachers and we loose our insurance next week. So i can’t afford her to get sick or anyone in our house at the moment.

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best way to boost a toddlers immunity? - Mamas Uncut

Probiotic, gut health

The only way to “boost” immunity is through exposure :woman_shrugging: anything that claims to “boost immunity” is a waste of $$$. Is probably not regulated, and is an absolute marketing scheme

11 Likes

When covid was rampant we did zinc and vitamin c it worked very well

1 Like

Zinc, vitamin c and as odd as it sounds, vitamin d. Sunlight. Even through windows.
Avoid as much junk as you can and stay hydrated. Avoid antibiotics for colds, let their bodies develop immunity.
My grandmother gave that advice and none of my children have ever needed an antibiotic or been sick for more than a day.

2 Likes

Vitamin C and elderberry is what my 2 year old is taking now.

Zinc, vitamins C&D. Echinacea, I give my toddler elderberry syrup daily ,year round! he has autoimmune Neutropenia. His doctor was amazed how his numbers have come up within the last year of me doing so. Good gut health like probiotics. Gut health contributes to overall health. Stay hydrated. Also, glass of orange juice a day.

Apply for insurance on the healthcare.gov marketplace- you qualify I bet!!! You have til dec 15

Vitamin d - look up child doses

Teach her good hygiene practices about washing her hands or using hand sanitizer. I taught my daughter at a young age about germs and it has always stuck with her espicially now since she has a little sister. She stays on top of adults now about washing their hands before they touch the baby lol

2 Likes

Dirt lol outside play

4 Likes

Collidal silver, you can get it at any health food store.

Be very careful with any supplements you may give. They are not regulated by the FDA and some companies can be sketchy.

Good diet. Good hygiene. Fresh air and exercise. Let them play outside in the muck. Try to avoid antibiotics if possible

2 Likes

Mom of a 28 weekend, she’s almost 6 years now. I exposed her to things, she has a GREAT immune system. I don’t take her to the doctor over every little thing, I also don’t give her meds for every little thing. I have never given in to all that “immune boosting” stuff. Don’t get me wrong, she gets the occasional cold and little things like that, I let it run its course. She has always had a VERY CLEAN bill of health

1 Like

Elderberry is fab that and hygiene plus parents taking on same things

Vitamin D3 and apply for healthy kids insurance offered through your state.

Lots and lots of hand washing. Seriously, my kid’s preschool started a hand washing routine (pre covid) and sickness fell by half.