Best way to care for baby when you are sick?

HELP, FTM HERE! What is the best way I take care of my baby when I am running a 100 degree and higher temperature? I have no help at all and this virus is taking a big toll on me. I can hardly pick her up or anything. I’m trying here but I’m so tired and hurting.

15 Likes

Maybe if you have a mask wear it when close to ur baby. I’m sure u will do the best u can I’m not sure if virtual dr visits are a thing where ur at but maybe do that. Sending lots of prayers :pray::purple_heart:

1 Like

Pack and play near you, make sure all your supplies are close so you don’t have to use energy to find everything. Be sure to take meds to keep your temp down. In the event you have to go to the hospital check with them or local social services sometimes they offer or know of a drop in day care

2 Likes

Make sure your taking meds to bring down fever as best as you can… and force yourself to take care of baby as best as you can . It might be hard when you’re sick :sneezing_face: but it still can be done . And rest when baby is resting :sleeping:.

I would just wear a mask and frequently wash hand to try to cut down the chances of spreading it to the baby. The emergency room will contact cps if you have him with you while you get seen. I sliced my hand open on a can lid one night making soup late after I got my son to sleep when he was a baby, it wouldn’t stop bleeding I had to get it stitched. They asked more about my son than me, they kept me there for five hours stitching me up and cps was knocking on my door early the next morning because they were concerned about abuse or neglect due to inadequate child care. Like I did have a sitter I used when I worked but I never called her in the middle of the night. She had a life and kids too. I did it alone too. It may be overwhelming but you can do it. It’s twice as hard but I promise it will be twice as rewarding

If have pack n play put baby in it ,next to you,put toys in , keep diapering supplies near by, keep you some tylenol and fluids near by, just keep baby fed and changed,take it easy,don’t worry about getting anything done,just rest

Take her to the dr or hospital with you!

Unfortunately you just have to suck it up and take care of baby

Join our dynamic team! We are looking for a proactive online assistant