Boyfriends baby mama is trying to say he is behind in child support...advice?

Boyfriend made the mistake of paying cs straight to child’s mother… for the first two months. Now she doesn’t wanna sign the paperwork letting them know so he’s “behind on support” is there anything he can do ? It was given through cash/cashapp

19 Likes

Anything paid outside of court is considered a gift unless the custodial parent says they accept it as cs, unfortunately for him. Lesson learned if nothing else.

57 Likes

Unless he wrote child support, and some sort of note or on the check, he gave her most of the time it will be considered gifts. He can try to tell a judge, but honestly that’s about it.

8 Likes

Surly that’s between your bf and his baby mum and not you to be posting on fb he legally has to pay child support weather it’s been through the court or not his obligated to support his child/children

3 Likes

Unfortunately, they are prolly gonna tell him, it was a “gift”…I mean, you can try to take in proof, but, they may just say he’s behind!! My husband done this for 3 years, deposited money, in baby mommas bank account, had all receipts and they told him he was being started at over 10 grand behind, as, he paid over 200 a week. It’s sad, what these women do, to their trying baby daddies!!

9 Likes

Also, to add if there are screenshots of her saying she got it or anything along those lines, it might help him. I’m not entirely sure.
But my ex had a receipt book and receipts and the courts didn’t care and still said it was all a “gift”.

4 Likes

Print the proof and take it with him to court and don’t pay her any more unless it’s through the court.

9 Likes

Unfortunately, he’s probably screwed. This happened to my ex husband and they considered the money a “gift” because it wasn’t given to her through the proper channels.

2 Likes

Go through a child support agency or court where it’s monitored

3 Likes

It’s considered a gift unless he goes through the Child Support Enforcement Office. My ex did this to me when he first started paying child support. He would pay it through PayPal. I didn’t have to, but I did print out the proof & signed a direct pay statement & had it notarized that he did pay. It’s honestly a waste of my time, ink, printer paper, gas, etc to do this when I’m also the main one taking care of the kids. People ordered to pay child support just need to go through the Child Support Enforcement Office to make their payments. I sent him the card several times with all of the info on how to pay it through them.

Cash app will show he sent her money. Also have him offer wage withholding so it comes right out if his check and there will be no issues at all. If there is an order then he has to follow what it says. If there is not a child support court order he’s not behind and it won’t be retro from birth only from time she files. In mean time I would you give her cash if there is not an order ask her what the kids need and go shopping g with her and pay for the items for the kids. No court order he’s not behind and the retro is from the date the order is filed not from birth

5 Likes

The bitterness in some of these comments, Lol.
Damn, some of y’all need a hug or something?

Maybe ask the judge or a lawyer instead of all these know-it-all Facebook wannabes. The laws regarding child support will vary state to state and sometimes even county to county, there’s no way any of these answers are reliable unless they know your location, child support order, etc. If it’s already ordered that he owes back support and they’ve already put a motion in order to withhold for it he’s going to have to pay it and you’re gonna have to jump through a bunch of hoops and fight to even have a chance at getting the money back, if it’s only 2 months worth it may not even be worth your time and the court fees.

1 Like

Where I live it’s considered a gift. You need to always pay through the support office regardless. It’s a lesson learned.

1 Like

Nothing can be done. My husband’s ex did this for a few she even signed receipts and it didn’t hold up in court she said he didn’t pay even with the receipts she signed court sided with her

1 Like

If it was done on cash app he should have a record of the payment

4 Likes

When he sent it on cashapp he should have put child support

1 Like

Unless he labeled it in cash app as child support, there is nothing he can do. And cash payments unless she gave a receipt that said he gave her money for child support, there isn’t anything that can be done without her signing that paperwork.

I’m guessing he doesn’t have a cs order saying how to pay if. I’d go ahead and go thru the state to establish this, which isn’t required in all states, but wise to do.

1 Like

Who cares if the child got some extra money just pay it again the right way and remember this is for a child u love …

Nope, unfortunately not. He would have to have receipts I do believe and even then they may not care.

If he’s paid it in cash there’s nothing he can do, if he paid via direct deposit if he put child support in the description he has proof,
always have proof get everything in writing

unless the order says that payment must be made in one form or another, it really doesn’t matter, just as long as you pay it. Any kind of proof is acceptable to the court, as long as it really is proof, receipts and screen shots should be fine. But if your ex challenges the payments, then you might have to prove somehow that the account numbers are correct, that the transaction actually went through, etc. The level of proof required is in response to the level of challenge by the other side. It definitely can count towards child support. Whenever one sends money via any sort of cash app or bank transfer, they should label it as child support in order to get the correct credit. Even if they don’t, however, it is possible that the court could see it as a payment towards child support.

I hate women who treat their exes like money machines. She should be made to sign the paperwork of proof he paid

Text messages, vm or emails that confirm this could help him as proof. Paying cash is bad idea, etransfer at least so there is proof

1 Like

You could print out where he has sent the money to her directly but they say since he directly sent it to her it’s a gift.

Well, he gave her a “gift” is all she has to claim. From here on out tell him to ONLY pay through the COURTS or she can keep claiming gifts.

3 Likes

Biggest mistake is not noting down what the money is for.

Nope! Has to run through the courts. Other than that, it’s a gift

6 Likes

yeah hes sol so tell him tell him til court hey does kiddo need anything? buy it keep receipts

Yes, print out the reports and take them to the local cs office

I would take it to court.and get it established

1 Like

court won’t recognize cash app. so he may be SOL.

however, going forward it needs to be paid directly through the state.

The cash is a lost cause. The cashapp probably too.

That’s why money orders are good

Receipts…matter, cashed checks, postal money orders… otherwise
ysol

He can show on cash app he’s paying her it keeps track on it if he’s paying her there it

Mistakes aren’t MADE for any months if it’s been established Properly . She WONT give him credit for what EXACTLY? If he bought pampers outside of child support that’s just HIM being a DAD, He can Buy shoes for HIS kid outside of C/O child support. WHAT exactly are you saying, Won’t give him CREDIT bc he made the mistake? What is the mistake?

2 Likes

Basically thank god it was just 2 months… The “gift” thing is really hard in court.

This is kind of why when people I know who say “no we are still friends and we aren’t gonna do all of that court stuff and not gonna be enemies!” it’s like okay, I hear you and your intentions and what you want, and I don’t mean to come off as wrecking your idealistic perspective…but also please protect yourself.

You can be the mom that gets those payments through cash app for 2 months and IT’S FINE!!! But the month 3, and he hasn’t sent anything, and you wait and wait, month 4, still nothing…so now you have to go to court and fight it.

Rule 1: stop believing your boyfriend as a rule, it almost absolutely never is as “ITS ALL HER FAULT” As it seems from him

Rule 2: if “baby daddy” gave a single shit, maybe he wouldn’t have made the mistake going through cash app?

Rule 3, it’s probably definitely likely the mother is going after this because a lawyer told her to, for their own sick lawyer games, not because she’s an evil b***h.

Sorry it will be counted as a gift

1 Like

Cash App will show the transfer.

Did he note “child support” on it?

1 Like

Live and learn pay her again but from here on out pay with check or threw an agency where she has to sign for it

No that is now considered a gift

1 Like

Thats proof. Print it show to social service. Hopefully she can get in trouble for lying smdh

1 Like

You should mind ya business and stay outa hers he’s not your husband

2 Likes

And again, why is this any of your BUSINESS?

This is why it’s always important to get these type of things done thru court. I hope he was smart enough to at least go to court to get court ordered visitation for she can’t deny him his kids or he’s definitely an idi*t.

Always keep a paper trail

3 Likes

Pay through the State. 1: paper trail !! 2 : taxes

Then print out recent activity on cash app.

2 Likes

Nope, he needs to either get a court ordered payment plan agreement and provide proof or he needs to pay through the state. He’s responsible for half of their well being and also responsible for making sure his contributions are accounted for.

8 Likes

Unless it states" Child Support" it’s considered a girt or extra money for the needs of the child!

If its only been 2 months it’s not like he is really all that behind lol I’d just cut my loss and start paying child support through a court order

14 Likes

If he used a cash app it should have a record of the transaction of the funds transferred. Have him pull that and present that, hopefully he put a note with the transaction stating it was child support.

Best thing u can do my dear,is encourage him to continue financial supporting his child. 1 day,it could be you. Kids are veryyy exspensive. He has to pay the court every time.

1 Like

In my state, I told the judge that my son‘s dad gave me money on Cash app and they counted it as credit towards Child Support. I’m sure he could contact the judge if there’s an enforcement order in place and show him the proof of him sending the money through cash app.

I’m sorry but who uses cashapp to send child support… that’s sketchy, and shouldn’t be allowed…

1 Like

Does the cash app message say it was for child support? If it does he can use that as proof.

As far as I know if it’s not court ordered he isn’t required to pay anything. And I wouldn’t pay her anything unless she signs paperwork acknowledging it’s for the child support and not a gift and if she continues to be difficult it’s best to go through court. This keeps both parties honest even if they don’t want to be and tell someone else another story. Obviously don’t spend the money just put it aside until everything is straightened out.

1 Like

Not. Nothing he can do… Even if she signs anything. Anything given outside of court, or not sent through the child support agency, isn’t counted towards child support and is considered a gift… That’s on him. He’s technically behind.

1 Like

He have to stop giving her any money until the court set the amount and he should pay her through the system .
That money he gave her will not count as a child support payment

1 Like

Child support laws vary by state, but here (Indiana) it would a no. My husband supporting his child for nearly 2yrs and she finally decided to file child support through the state (thinking she’d get more due to us being married :roll_eyes:). He ended up with back support for that whole time. Anything not through the court is considered a gift.

Mine showed money order receipts for the two times he gave me money and some other kid’s clothes receipts and the judge counted it as child support. I was able to get the clothes receipts removed because the sizes on them didn’t match my child. But typically anything given outside of a court order is considered a gift. If he has one but no receipts it’s literally his word against her so he should try getting her to admit him giving it to her through text or record her so he has proof otherwise he’ll be considered behind

He can prove it through cashapp

Anything not paid through the system is considered a gift unless she signs the paper.

2 Likes

If support is ordered and states he’s authorized to make direct payments, he should be able to use the transfer confirmation as proof he made the CashApp payments. Cash is impossible to prove if she’s not willing to acknowledge that, so he may be stuck paying that amount. I would advise him to request automatic payments so he doesn’t have to worry about this happening again.

If support is not ordered, he’s likely not behind. Has she filed? In MOST cases, child support starts from the day she files, not the day baby was born.

My nephew’s mother took my brother to court a couple of years ago because he would skip a week or so but he’ll eventually pay up, so she wanted the court to get them to order him to let the money be debited and the court said that because he pays more than he should it’s up to him to decide whether or not he’ll have the money debited and if he’ll still pay the amount he does. He gets paid weekly and he makes weekly payments. He has recently decided to transfer the money every week rather than having to hand it over in cash.

Nope if it don’t go thru the office it is counted as a gift and will not count on the child support payments

Depends on where you live and if she’s on state assistance. If the payments through cashapp say for the kid or say child support most judges in nys will accept that as proof. But it all depends on where you live. Along with your judge.

even if there isn’t an order for it to be deducted directly from his pay, he needs to send money through courts–otherwise as others have said, it shows no payment. he needs to either mail check/money order or take funds/cash to the local courthouse for payment of same.

Its proff of payment its a reciept but court might not say its valid

He can print his cash app transaction & take it to court. If I were him I wouldn’t pay HER anything else. Go through the court or state. Bonus: It will take longer for her to get it & probably piss her off!

That was considered a gift if not done through the correct source

2 Likes

If it was given through cash app he can prove it himself. Gonna be more work to prove it, but if he’s willing hopefully he’ll push back and win the argument. If he deserves to.

Always pay by bank, my partner does this so there’s a paper trail.

1 Like

Unless there is a court ordered payment arrangement he doesn’t owe anything.

1 Like

The amount ordered is rarely half of kids expenses, take it as a loss and move on. It’s only 2 months, could be far worse.

It was a “gift” per the courts. Just have him pay it…or go to jail. You can’t win that, move on.

We just went through this and, nope! They don’t credit it, at all. It’s considered a “gift”, so it doesn’t count.

Girl my ex is behind 8 years and he still walking around…make sure there’s a paper trail. No cash. Cashapp you can prove. He is good. If he buys the kid stuff keep receipts

Yes he can print out his cash app history. They will accept it as proof

Depends on the state in PA that can be taken as support because there’s proof in cash app, but I have not a clue about other states

Sounds like a l son learned.

Nope, the courts will see that money as a “gift”.

Child support is between the parents, as a girlfriend I’d say I’d mind my business there’s nothing u can do either way. He should pay through the court next time n I’m speaking as a girlfriend myself. I’m there for him but when it comes to his child’s mother I don’t involve myself at all. Of course I help with the baby but I still don’t have legal rights and stay in lane. Goodluck hun

5 Likes

Those 2 months were gifts

Nothing. Best for you to stay out of it.

Cash app would be proof of payments but in future maybe pay by check or money order

Get a statement from cash app

take a screenshot of the cashapp transaction to cs, they may credit him or say it’s a gift & he’s scr3wed

Not true my husband got receipts for the money he paid . But with cash app he has the transactions to her . If the payments match what he was supposed to pay. The judge will jack her butt up . I kept every torn piece of paper he paid for 15 years. His ex took him
to court for back child support. Never dreaming I kept ever receipt . The judge took those receipts added them up . My hubby over paid her by $400 . Judge said if you ever bring this man in here again . You’re going to jail for fraud . Your boyfriend has his proof . What man just hands his ex the same amount of money a month. No man does unless it’s child support

You can always take it to the judge and request it be considered as child support, especially if the amount is the same as cs. But generally, it is usually considered a gift.

Child support is only awarded from the date of filing going forward - they don’t backdate before that

This doesn’t make sense

The best thing you can do is to not get involved, as you only know what he is saying.

Well he can prove he paid her. A lawyer might be able to fix it. But it can also be considered a gift since it was paid directly to her. Child support should never be paid directly.

I knew a couple who didn’t want to involve the courts. They decided on child support, visitation etc on their own. This was great for years. Then she got mad at him & decided to file for child support through the courts. They made him pay for years of support. He showed proof of paying certain bills every month, cash transfers to her, money in lunch accounts at school etc. The judge said it was all gifts & “parenting” not child support.

It’s considered a gift atp

Print out the transaction from Cash App. Pretty easy :person_shrugging: