Breakfast ideas for a kid?

Pleasseee I need some quick breakfast ideas for a 4 yr old! It doesn’t have to be healthy, but nothing elaborate either.Her favorites are pancakes, poptarts, sausage biscuits, and sometimes oatmeal. Pancakes are time consuming and the other options are getting too repetitive. She refuses to eat cereal unless she can pick out all of the marshmallows pls help lol

4 Likes

If she really likes pancakes, make a big batch when they cool freeze them then you can just reheat them in the microwave. Same with waffles. Eggs are always good also. Cereal is not bad to have either, your not a bad mom if your not making a full on breakfast every morning. Toast with jelly or cinnamon and sugar is always a hit with my kids on the side with most of what you listed.

3 Likes

Frozen waffles or pancakes with strawberry cream cheese or Nutella

Quesadillas maybe put a little bit of egg in it

Any instant version of hot cereal: grits, cream of wheat, teff or cream of rye if you can find it, etc. Just add something sweet or savory (cheese, fresh or dried fruit, honey or maple syrup, jam, applesauce).

Quinoa: boil water, amount according to directions, put in quinoa, cover and let steep for a few minutes. Complete protein and treat like hot cereal.

Plain yogurt with additions. The flavored yogurt has too much sugar, coloring, etc.

My mom used to make me milk noodle soup: boil egg noodles (they cook quickly), drain, put in pan with milk to cover with butter & salt until warmed through.

And you don’t have to feed her breakfast foods for breakfast—it can be anything. I’ll bet we’ve all eaten cold leftover pizza for breakfast at some point in time!

They make little half dollar pancakes you just throw in the microwave fora min my grandbabies love them

2 Likes

Mine loved mini Weetabix with chocolate chips in, Nutella sandwich, Nutella on toast or on something toasted. You can also buy frozen waffles that can just go in the toaster. There are also lots of cereals that don’t have marshmallows but are still yummy. Or try making breakfast muffins or what I call flapjack (oats, butter and syrup mixed and then baked). Or an English muffin with ham or cheese or jelly in.

Frozen pancakes, frozen waffles, toaster strudel, sausage and pancake on a stick, fruit, yogurt, hash browns, eggs, toast, bagels. We make crepes for dinner then freeze them and just pop them in the microwave.

Like everyone else said those microwavable pancakes are freaking delicious!!! 1 min and bam done. They also have frozen sausage patties that are quick to make breakfast sandwiches too

Prep beforehand. I make a ton of mini pancake muffins. I’ll cut up sausage, bacon, ham, fruit, sprinkles, chocolate chips in a muffin tin pour over pancake batter and swirl in syrup and freeze them. Yogurt and fruit, tortilla with cream cheese and ham or peanut butter and jelly, rolled up cut like a pinwheel. Baked oatmeal cookies (they aren’t really cookies but made with banana, egg, fruit, honey and oats and you make a large batch and heat n heat when needed) French toast, scrambled eggs. Toast and jam. Biscuit sausage Sammie’s, milk and a biscuit- then you have a plethora of frozen breakfast options from Costco or Walmart.

Make mini quiche - eggs with sausage, hash browns, bacon, the possibilities are endless. You mix up a batch, bake them in a greased cupcake tin and then fridge/freeze individually. Microwave to serve.

Walmart has packs of pancakes in the freezer you just heat in the microwave

She likes fruit just give her bowl full of fruit or dry cereal

1 Like

avocado toast, french toast, scrambled eggs,

1 Like

Scramble an egg , add cheese and put it in a tortilla. Egg&sliced cheese on buttered toast.
Peanut butter and jelly on toast sandwich.
Cut these up into lil’ triangles.

Pre make some pancakes. Buy some fruit or chocolate chips to add in the morning.
Pancakes will freeze or hold in the fridge a couple of days. :purple_heart:

Make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them hun

1 Like

My kids have pan au chocolate,chocolate brioche warmed up in airfryer with some fruit like blueberries grapes apple slicez which ever we have in at the time and a yoghurt too if wanted cheap quick and easy

Frozen pancakes or waffles. Toaster strudel. Blueberry muffins